Pre NFL Draft Thread - Update, Jake Long #1

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

laugh.gif
, Of course Lions. He's been saying Eagles would trade for him since the season ended.

Glutton for ridicule..
laugh.gif
smh.gif

At least provide a link or somethin'.
ohwell.gif

alien.gif
I didn't even say a team. Don't jump to conclusions. Dallas, Washington, Philly are all in the mix.

Wow, way to backtrack chief. First its Roy Williams trade IS coming. Now its 3 teams are in the mix.

and sorry if I assumed Eagles, you've only posted it a million times and practically guaranteed they'd land him.

How did I backtrack? A Roy Williams trade is coming, and it will be to one of those three teams. Simple as that.

If he's not traded, blame it on that fool Millen for getting nothing for Williams before he ditches Detroit at the end of this season.

laugh.gif
anyone else here Mcshay and Kiper.

talking about the end from Clemson and his injury.
laugh.gif
These dudes are going at it. Arguing about Heath Millers draft position.

roll.gif

31. New York Giants - Tyrell Johnson, S
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Mayne.thats a good look for my dude(no %!$@). Last time I talked to him he was saying 2nd to 3rd..That will be big for the program/college if he does getdrafted 1st round tho. He got talent, my only concern is injuries. He stayed hurt last year..
smh.gif
But he did kill the combine. Damn, gotta try and get some tickets now..
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Emmit smith picking TIm Tebow to go #6 overall, he's not even in the draft
roll.gif
. and Lmao at all the times Emmitt says have instead of HAs lol

DaJoka004

A Roy Williams trade is coming, and it will be to one of those three teams. Simple as that.
So why not just say that initially? Why be cryptic about it?

How did I backtrack?
Because saying "Roy Williams trade coming soon" implies he's been traded; just hasn't been reported yet.
Saying "3 teams are in the mix" implies he might go to one of 3 teams or none at all.

I found the report too. It just says an Eagles analyst thinks they might make a move for Roy. Then out of nowhere, it mentions Dal and Wash.

We'll see though.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/21/eagles-to-make-a-major-move-at-receiver/

It's well documented that Jerry is willing to part with a first-rounder for a big time veteran receiver...

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. What would the Eagles and Skins be offering?

LIONS REITERATE ROY WON'T BE TRADED
Posted by Mike Florio on April 21, 2008, 7:45 p.m.

We've picked up some more information about those rumors on GCobb.com that the Philadelphia Eagles will make a move this week for Lions receiver RoyWilliams.

The Eagles-based web site says that the Eagles, Cowboys, and ******** are in the hunt for Williams.

On Monday, however, coach Rod Marinelli and CEO Matt Millen again said that Williams, who is entering the final year of his rookie contract,will not be traded.

As we hear it, the Eagles offered cornerback Lito Sheppard and a draft pick a couple of weeks ago, and the Lions flatly refused.

We're also told that the Eagles have made inquiries regarding Bengals receiver Chad Johnson, to no avail. A media source thinks that Door No. 3 could beCardinals receiver Anquan Boldin.

Man, trade rumors.......draft pick swapping.....some knucklehead team gonna move their first round picks next season....

I friggin love the NFL draft.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by minus28

LIONS REITERATE ROY WON'T BE TRADED
Posted by Mike Florio on April 21, 2008, 7:45 p.m.

We've picked up some more information about those rumors on GCobb.com that the Philadelphia Eagles will make a move this week for Lions receiver Roy Williams.

The Eagles-based web site says that the Eagles, Cowboys, and ******** are in the hunt for Williams.

On Monday, however, coach Rod Marinelli and CEO Matt Millen again said that Williams, who is entering the final year of his rookie contract, will not be traded.

As we hear it, the Eagles offered cornerback Lito Sheppard and a draft pick a couple of weeks ago, and the Lions flatly refused.

We're also told that the Eagles have made inquiries regarding Bengals receiver Chad Johnson, to no avail. A media source thinks that Door No. 3 could be Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin.

They can say that all they want. He SHOULD be traded. It's not like the Lions are on the verge of winning the Super Bowl and need Williams. They caneither trade him and get long term value, or they can keep him, lose a bunch of games again, and get nothing except a comp. pick when he leaves.

Being a Jets fan, this draft is going to be very interesting.

I'm pulling for Gholston at #6, but if McFadden is there, I can't see the Jets not picking him.

As is the case every year, the projected value of certain prospects varies greatly, depending on which team's draft board you're looking at. Here arefive such players in the 2008 draft.

Virginia Tech CB Brandon Flowers.

The Hokies cornerback might be one of the most heavily debated prospects in the draft. A number of teams had him rated as the draft's top cornerback goinginto the Combine. But then he ran a poor 40, and because he only improved his time a little during his on-campus workout, he started to slide down someteams' draft boards.

In addition, off-field issues could further hurt Flowers' stock. In 2005, he was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor for carrying a concealed weapon.Perhaps more detrimental, Flowers' name has been linked to an array of other off-field incidents. Although he has not been formally charged in any of thoseincidents, the fact remains that in the world of the draft, rumors often carry as much weight as hard truths, particularly in terms of character.
ADVERTISEMENT

The red flags may be enough to scare some NFL teams off of Flowers entirely, or at least dissuade them from picking him before the third or fourth round. Thatsaid, a number of teams that consider him to be the best cornerback in the draft will be willing to take a risk on him and ensure he comes off the board nolater than early in Round 2. …

Hawaii WR Jason Rivers.

Several prospects from Hawaii-QB Colt Brennan and WRs Davone Bess and Ryan Grice-Mullen-have seen their draft stock dip this spring because they've beenlabeled as products of the Warriros' run-and-shoot offense. That hasn't been the case for Rivers. Although he did not dominate during practices at theEast/West Shrine Game, Rivers showed the size (6-1 1/2, 204), strength, smooth athleticism and outstanding hands that NFL teams covet. No team is going to grabhim in the first two rounds, but teams that privilege size, smarts and hands over explosiveness and home run speed really like Rivers. He will likely be comeoff the board around Round 4 and would be an ideal fit for a team that has a shorter, more explosive No. 1 receiver. …

Purdue TE Dustin Keller.

Keller is very athletic and shows the natural receiving skills NFL teams covet. But his lack of size (6-2 3/8, 238) means that teams seeking an in-line tightend presence who contributes as a blocker will have little interest in him. On the flip side, teams that place more weight on versatility at the position willput a much greater value on Keller. He could make an impact as a receiver from a variety of positions-lining up in the slot or as in-line tight end, or goingin motion as an H-Back. He will be listed as a second-round prospect on a number of teams' draft boards, but grade out as a sixth- or seventh-rounder forteams that like bigger tight ends. …

Arkansas G Robert Felton.

Felton has sparked a lot of debate in draft rooms around the league, and he could come off the board anywhere from the second to the fifth round. He shows thefoot quickness, agility and strength to be a dominant blocker when he plays under control, but more often than not he does not compete at the highest level andgets beat. There are two schools of thought on Felton. Some factions doubt Felton will improve his game and believe he will be the same inconsistent player inthe NFL that he was in college. Others believe that Felton will raise his level of play once he's working under and motivated by NFL coaches. We at the WarRoom think Felton will be drafted higher than his talent indicates and struggle to develop into the consistent blocker his team envisions. …

Oregon State DE Dorian Smith.

Smith did not become a starter until his senior season, and even then he often rotated in and out of games and did not produce consistently. When he was on,though, he showed the foot quickness, agility and pass-rush skills to defeat offensive tackles and pressure the quarterback. More than likely, Smith is goingto be a late-round pick, but don't be shocked if some team grabs him as early as the fourth round. It would be easy for a team to fall in love with Smith,because when you string together his highlights on tape, he's an impressive player.

War Room scouts analyze NFL and college players, coaches and teams for the Sporting News

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I'm pulling for McFadden Gholston at #6, but if Gholston McFadden is there, I can't see the Jets not picking him.
smokin.gif

I think I had it right the first time
grin.gif

Gholston could be that pass-rusher the Jets desperately need. Don't get me wrong, McFadden would be great, especially on an improved O-Line like we have(well, at least it looks to be on paper). I just feel Gholston would be the better choice if he is available at #6.

I think DMac is more of a franchise guy and our offense would FINALLY have some explosiveness...

Now don't get me wrong, I like Gholston a lot anyway...so I'll be pleased either way...I know this isn't what you meant....but if both happened tobe on the board...you gota go McFadden.

I think we Jets fans will be pleased with either guy....now if they're both off the board....we are really screwed
laugh.gif
frown.gif

I know i lot of people won't agree, but i guess Atlanta is set on drafting Glenn Dorsey. Same thing with the Jets. If they are set on Gholston.

I really don't think there a big enough of an impact to be selected so high when other guys are left on the board. Like D-Mac.

I guess, i just don't see how a DE is such a great pick. Sure they sack the QB 12 times a year. They just don't score touchdowns.

Just had to get that off me. It pisses me off.

Schefter says Boldin is requesting a trade.

eek.gif

Damn wouldn't mind him on the Cowboys. Even tough him and TO are the same type of guy.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Schefter says Boldin is requesting a trade.

eek.gif

Damn wouldn't mind him on the Cowboys. Even tough him and TO are the same type of guy.
If Boldin wants a trade, then Al Davis is listening.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

I know i lot of people won't agree, but i guess Atlanta is set on drafting Glenn Dorsey. Same thing with the Jets. If they are set on Gholston.

I really don't think there a big enough of an impact to be selected so high when other guys are left on the board. Like D-Mac.

I guess, i just don't see how a DE is such a great pick. Sure they sack the QB 12 times a year. They just don't score touchdowns.

Just had to get that off me. It pisses me off.
I am not trying to down you or anything but. You do know the most IMPORTANT thing in football is rushing the passer? Giants vs Patriots ring a bell?

^ true but you have to determine of Glenn gets up field enough. To me calling him Sapp lite isnt doing him any favors. he aint Sapp. Sapp is the best passrushing DT ever and I dont see Dorsey doing that. The fins aint taking him, St. Louis aint taking him if you feel he will get up field enough to garner a top 5pick. Be my guest but I felt Okoye was at least the 5th best player in that draft and he sliped to 10 cause it isnt a value pick at 2 or 3 anymore. The scoutsreally want a Dan Wilkerson type at those slots. Vernon is another story. If you play him at DE all the time thats asking for trouble. Even though Merriman hashis faults he is a top 10 pick in a redone 05 draft. Vernon can be something similar and teams would be happy. Idealy you want Ware but you will take Shawnethough.

Back
Top Bottom