Pre NFL Draft Thread - Update, Jake Long #1

Texans will most certainly select a CB in the first round... Dunta will not be fully recovered from his knee injury around mid season 08 so we need someone tostep in right away and provide some hard, tough defense!

I can also see them getting either a Branden Albert or a Chris Williams type of LT/G.... IN NO WAY WILL THE TEXANS SELECT A RUNNING BACK IN THE FIRSTROUND!!!!!!

At least the Eagles first pick this year won't be as bad as Kevin Kolb....Eagles fans everywhere were Rick Rolled.

im hoping we get gholston. if not him, then rivers, but i think 7 would be a little too high to take rivers. i see belichick and pioli trading down and getting2 first rounders

I didn't feel like make a new thread because nothing will probably come of this.

BUT.
Report: Anquan Boldin requests to be traded

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Anquan Boldin has requested a trade.

Just another Drew Rosenhaus client looking for a trade to get a new contract. The Cardinals have reportedly informed Boldin that they will not deal him, but a team like Dallas, Washington, or Philadelphia might blow them away with a draft-day offer. Boldin won't get Larry Fitzgerald money, but he's due a raise. Apr. 22 - 7:15 pm et

Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by SCuse7

I know i lot of people won't agree, but i guess Atlanta is set on drafting Glenn Dorsey. Same thing with the Jets. If they are set on Gholston.

I really don't think there a big enough of an impact to be selected so high when other guys are left on the board. Like D-Mac.

I guess, i just don't see how a DE is such a great pick. Sure they sack the QB 12 times a year. They just don't score touchdowns.

Just had to get that off me. It pisses me off.
I am not trying to down you or anything but. You do know the most IMPORTANT thing in football is rushing the passer? Giants vs Patriots ring a bell?
Yea, but i think selecting Gholston over a guy like D-Mac is a big problem. A team like the jets have not had an explosive player who couldconsistently score since Curtis Martin. I just think you need touchdowns to win. I realize that rushing the q is a big part of the game, but you don'tscore.

Same deal with Mario Williams. He had a good year, but i don't think he is going to have the impact that Bush WILL have once he gets away from Peyton.

We need to trade down or something. Dorsey would be a nice fit alongside Abraham and Anderson, but don't homeboy got a grandkid?

I don't believe the hype on Matt Ryan either. I wanted McFadden, but that went out the window with Mike Turner..

TRADE DOWN!!!

I know i lot of people won't agree, but i guess Atlanta is set on drafting Glenn Dorsey. Same thing with the Jets. If they are set on Gholston.

I really don't think there a big enough of an impact to be selected so high when other guys are left on the board. Like D-Mac.

I guess, i just don't see how a DE is such a great pick. Sure they sack the QB 12 times a year. They just don't score touchdowns.

Just had to get that off me. It pisses me off.
I am not trying to down you or anything but. You do know the most IMPORTANT thing in football is rushing the passer? Giants vs Patriots ring a bell?
Yea, but i think selecting Gholston over a guy like D-Mac is a big problem. A team like the jets have not had an explosive player who could consistently score since Curtis Martin. I just think you need touchdowns to win. I realize that rushing the q is a big part of the game, but you don't score.

Same deal with Mario Williams. He had a good year, but i don't think he is going to have the impact that Bush WILL have once he gets away from Peyton.

So you dont believe defense wins championships?

I guess that is just what I believe. Of course you need both to win but If Mario Williams continues playing like he played this year and Reggie Bush continuesplaying like he played this year it is hard to rationalize picking Bush over SuperMario.

I might change my tune if it was someone like Adrian Peterson but I just dont feel D-Mac is that type of cant miss prospect. Id take Chris Long (Gholstonprobably isnt going to be a DE even though that is who you mentioned) over D-Mac anyday of the week unless I had a clear RB need and was stacked at DE that isjust how I view it. Spending a high pick on a running back not named Adrian Peterson seems silly to me.

But since the Jets have no chance at getting Long or Dorsey....D-Mac>>>Gholston

The Chiefs have agreed to trade DE Jared Allen to the Vikings.

Allen has some off-field concerns, but it's rare to see one of the top defensive players in the league traded as he's entering his peak. Allen fills a huge need and should be a terror on turf in Minnesota. The deal will be finalized Wednesday, but a contract and trade agreement are in place. Kansas City is expected to get Minnesota's No. 17 overall pick and more, probably a third-round pick. They could now look at DE (Chris Long or Vernon Gholston) with their fifth pick. Allen should get less money than Dwight Freeney, but should be receiving a mega-deal.

The deal will be finalized Wednesday, but a contract and trade agreement are in place. Kansas City is expected to get Minnesota's No. 17 overall pick and more, probably a third-round pick. They could now look at DE (Chris Long or Vernon Gholston) with their fifth pick. Allen should get less money than Dwight Freeney, but should be receiving a mega-deal.
Gholston or Sedrick Ellis and then a O-linemen at 17? Jared Allen isnt anything special. I am not saying he is bad. He is young and productivebut... I dont think the Chiefs are worse off they could rack up big time.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I think we Jets fans will be pleased with either guy....now if they're both off the board....we are really screwed
laugh.gif
frown.gif

If that's the case, look for the Jets to take Chris Long if it he available.

The deal will be finalized Wednesday, but a contract and trade agreement are in place. Kansas City is expected to get Minnesota's No. 17 overall pick and more, probably a third-round pick. They could now look at DE (Chris Long or Vernon Gholston) with their fifth pick. Allen should get less money than Dwight Freeney, but should be receiving a mega-deal.
Gholston or Sedrick Ellis and then a O-linemen at 17? Jared Allen isnt anything special. I am not saying he is bad. He is young and productive but... I dont think the Chiefs are worse off they could rack up big time.
Allen is a beast, something like 14 forced fumbles over the last 3 seasons.... 15.5 sacks last season..... If the Raiders are planning on drafting a dethey should have tried to make a deal for him..... well atleast he'll be out the AFC.

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Gholston or Sedrick Ellis and then a O-linemen at 17? Jared Allen isnt anything special. I am not saying he is bad. He is young and productive but... I dont think the Chiefs are worse off they could rack up big time.
Allen is a beast, something like 14 forced fumbles over the last 3 seasons.... 15.5 sacks last season..... If the Raiders are planning on drafting a de they should have tried to make a deal for him..... well atleast he'll be out the AFC.

He is not worth a first rounder and two third rounders. I do not care how many sacks or forced fumbles he had for the lowely Chiefs.

Like I said he isnt bad but they paid for him like he is Julius Peppers or Michael Strahan in his prime and he is not that.
If he is as good as his numbersindicate he would still be a Chief. Its not like he was old or anything. Teams do not give up players they value.

[h2]VIKES GIVE UP THREE 2008 PICKS FOR ALLEN[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 22, 2008, 11:17 p.m.

Holy crap.

The Vikings, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, surrendered their first-round pick in the 2008 draft and both third-round selections for Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen.

The Chiefs will now add the No. 17, No. 73, and No. 82 overall selections to the No. 5, No. 35, and No. 66 picks, giving them six selections among the first 100 picks.
All I can say is ridiculous!!!!!

VIKES BREAK THE BANK FOR ALLEN
Posted by Mike Florio on April 22, 2008, 11:48 p.m.

In addition to the three 2008 draft picks that the Minnesota Vikings gave up in order to acquire the rights to defensive end Jared Allen, the Vikes have madedefensive end Jared Allen the highest-paid defensive player in the NFL.

Per Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, Allen will get a six-year, $74 million deal, with $31 million in guaranteed money.

Actually, the guarantee is $31,000,069. That's right . . . "Wine 'em, dine 'em, 69 'em."

The deal surpasses the deal paid a year ago by the Colts to defensive end Dwight Freeney, with $30 million guaranteed on a six-year, $72 million contract.

The risk that the Vikings are taking is huge, given Allen's history with the whole glug-glug, vroom-vroom thing. But it's apparent that the Vikingshave done plenty of homework, and are comfortable that Allen's drinking days are behind him.

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Allen is a beast, something like 14 forced fumbles over the last 3 seasons.... 15.5 sacks last season..... If the Raiders are planning on drafting a de they should have tried to make a deal for him..... well atleast he'll be out the AFC.

He is not worth a first rounder and two third rounders. I do not care how many sacks or forced fumbles he had for the lowely Chiefs.

Like I said he isnt bad but they paid for him like he is Julius Peppers or Michael Strahan in his prime and he is not that.
If he is as good as his numbers indicate he would still be a Chief. Its not like he was old or anything. Teams do not give up players they value.
i wouldnt give up that much either, but say my team (Raiders) are/were planning on selecting a de i'd have no prob just trading them the pickstraight up for Allen. He's proven and a probowler unlike any de we could draft with the #4 (Long, Gholston)

The Chiefs will now add the No. 17, No. 73, and No. 82 overall selections to the No. 5, No. 35, and No. 66 picks, giving them six selections among the first 100 picks.

sick.gif
number 35 better be Joe Flacco
pimp.gif

I'm not sure I would have given up a first and two third rounders for Allen. He's a great player and all, but even with their potential problems at DE,can he help the team that much? They already have a great defense. Who are they going to get in the third round to help the offense? They won't win with nopassing game and a less than serviceable QB.

sick.gif
number 35 better be Joe Flacco
pimp.gif

They also have Miami's pick in the 5th round, which is the first pick. KC is loaded for this draft.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I think we Jets fans will be pleased with either guy....now if they're both off the board....we are really screwed
laugh.gif
frown.gif

If that's the case, look for the Jets to take Chris Long if it he available.

Ya I mean if the top 5 went....Long, Long, Dorsey, Gholston and DMac.....probably only happens if someone trades up in front of us

I LOVE this for the Vikings.

Their defense now is ridiculous. Their DL and OL are among the tops in the league.

Just need Tavaris to manage the game and this team wins 10

Back
Top Bottom