Precious Trailer (Based on "Push") - Nov. 5

Never heard of the book, but dang Mo'nique look tore up
eek.gif

Besides that the movie looks interesting..Tyler Perry & Oprah make an interesting duo given their different takes on Black life in films..

I'm not a big Tyler Perry fan, but this movie looks to be VERY promising....if I'm not mistaken, it did really well at Sundance....

*My boy has a small role in the film
pimp.gif

Mannn....I hate seeing movies like this
frown.gif

You already see it in day to day life it's like you would rather stay away from it in a movie.

But it looks grizzly, strays away from the Madea crap, might end up watching it somehow down the line.

I remember seeing the preview for this months back, and thought it looked great.

Definitely gotta see this.

The book was very good are hard read becuase it was written in her vernacular. Also Tyler Perry and Oprah only signed after seeing at sundance to give itmore star power behind it .
Yall see Mariah Carey in the trailer she is the social worker no make up just raw and if Monique plays the mom character like in the book itmight change youropinion of her as and actor becuase i would not want a mom like the main character Precious

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

..Tyler Perry & Oprah make an interesting duo given their different takes on Black life in films..

Neither Perry nor Oprah played any part in creating the film. Their names and endorsements are being used to help bolster the film to the national level. Lookslike a very powerful film that portrays a part of American society that is taboo to cinema.

There was a thread on this months ago, I thought the movie had already been released. Looks sad, i'll see it.

Originally Posted by THE QBZ

The book was very good are hard read becuase it was written in her vernacular. Also Tyler Perry and Oprah only signed after seeing at sundance to give it more star power behind it .
Yall see Mariah Carey in the trailer she is the social worker no make up just raw and if Monique plays the mom character like in the book itmight change your opinion of her as and actor becuase i would not want a mom like the main character Precious
shes wearing makeup just the opposite effect you usually wear make up for

just got home from seein it...definitely a raw film...never read the book so i didnt expect the subject matter

but i enjoyed it....jo ann had me rollin...

mo'nique did an amazing job

Originally Posted by I am StewRat

not sure why anyone would WANT to see this movie

why is that?

and to anyone thats read the book and seen the movie how do they compare? did the movie represent the book well?

Back
Top Bottom