President-elect Obama VS. 50 Cent vol. who had the bigger buzz?

iblink

Banned
Back in '02 or '03, I forget which year exactly, was the era of 50 Cent mania. I don't care who you are, where you were, or what you were doing...you were listening to 50 back then.
laugh.gif

Knock him all you want, but you loved him 5 or 6 years ago. His buzz was impecable. He was on every magazine. Everyone was doing the G-Unit stutter when 50was the hottest thing out.

Now we have President Obama. From the hills of Montana to the shores of Florida... or whatever the hell he says when he talks about change sweeping the nation.Everyone listened to him. Granted, there were a lot of nay sayers, but they listened to the man none the less. To this day I still see people wearing Change wecan believe in shirts and I can't tell you how many bumper stickers I still see on peoples cars (they usually take them off after the election right?).Hate em' or love em' the man drew people in and his buzz was tremendous.

But who had the biggest buzz of them all?

Really?

Obama touched everyone's voice in this country even a sizable number of Republicans voted for him.
And its obvious 50's best years were around 02-03, but even in his best years he didn't appeal to everybody duh.
laugh.gif

Guerrilla Black > Jay Z
50 Cent > Guerilla Black
Obama > 50 Cent

You guys know good and well 50's buzz was epic back then. I was in middle school when 50 Cent mania hit and I can still remember seeing his face on all themagazines. Now today, I see President Obama's face all the time.

Which makes me wonder, does the guy do photo shoots all the time?

Originally Posted by FlyNY

Guerrilla Black > Jay Z
50 Cent > Guerilla Black
Obama > 50 Cent

I was like who the hell is Guerilla Black for like 5 seconds
laugh.gif
Then ithit me.

gblack.jpg

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Did Obama get you pregnant? I mean he does perform miracles
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Because that's apparently what you wanted.
eyes.gif
Jerk.

Originally Posted by iBlink

You guys know good and well 50's buzz was epic back then. I was in middle school when 50 Cent mania hit and I can still remember seeing his face on all the magazines. Now today, I see President Obama's face all the time.

Which makes me wonder, does the guy do photo shoots all the time?
It just seemed like a huge buzz because you were in middle school and that's what all your classmates and you were into.

Every single person in our country, and a large percentage of people around the entire world, know who Obama is, he's so much bigger than 50 Cent it'sridiculous, and you should feel stupid for asking this question.
laugh.gif

That's like making a thread, "What had bigger hype? Obama or Nerf Guns?" Because when you were 7 Nerf Guns were all you and your friends talkedabout.

LuigiTheKing wrote:
It just seemed like a huge buzz because you were in middle school and that's what all your classmates and you were into.

Every single person in our country, and a large percentage of people around the entire world, know who Obama is, he's so much bigger than 50 Cent it's ridiculous, and you should feel stupid for asking this question.
laugh.gif

That's like making a thread, "What had bigger hype? Obama or Nerf Guns?" Because when you were 7 Nerf Guns were all you and your friends talked about.

And every person in the country and a larger percentage of the people around the world know of 50 Cent as well, so what's your point?

And no... nerf guns were not what I played with way back when, it was super soakers.
eyes.gif
Shows how much you know.

LuigiTheKing wrote:

Every single person in our country, and a large percentage of people around the entire world, know who Obama is, he's so much bigger than 50 Cent it's ridiculous, and you should feel stupid for asking this question.
laugh.gif

That's like making a thread, "What had bigger hype? Obama or Nerf Guns?" Because when you were 7 Nerf Guns were all you and your friends talked about.
1. And every person in the country and a larger percentage of the people around the world know of 50 Cent as well, so what's your point?

2. And no... nerf guns were not what I played with way back when, it was super soakers.
eyes.gif
Shows how much you know.

1. OD on that percentage.
laugh.gif
No lie I had Super Soakers typed up instead of Nerf Guns butdecided to change it up.

LuigiTheKing wrote:

LuigiTheKing wrote:

laugh.gif

1. And every person in the country and a larger percentage of the people around the world know of 50 Cent as well, so what's your point?

2. And no... nerf guns were not what I played with way back when, it was super soakers.
eyes.gif
Shows how much you know.

1. OD on that percentage.
laugh.gif
No lie I had Super Soakers typed up instead of Nerf Guns but decided to change it up.

I didn't mean to say larger, just large, pause.

I don't think most of you even remember 50 Cent mania. You can say Pres. Obama now because his buzz still perpetuates today, and 50's was a few yearsback.

Back
Top Bottom