President-elect Obama VS. 50 Cent vol. who had the bigger buzz?

Originally Posted by kix4kix

indifferent.gif

Obama

indifferent.gif

Right back at ya.

This is the dumbest question in the history of Western civilization.

Obama =
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Country on crack electing this guy.

Therefore....

50 Cent

Especially since 50 Cent still my dude
laugh.gif

Fif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well i wasnt in middle school back then i get what Blink is talking about. Now obviously the answer is Obama, but its not as crazy as a comparison as yall aremaking it out to be. Seriously, when GRODT dropped it seemed like every car i drove past was listening to that. The buzz on 50 in that time period is thebiggest buzz i have ever seen anyone have in Hip Hop Music, ever. Big, Pac, Em, Jigga, Dre, Snoop, none of them came close to the across the entire countrybuzz that 50 had. That was crazy.

So again, Barack is the obvious choice here but 50's buzz is in that general ballpark of exposure and popularity.

I think the dude semi hit it on the head with the quote on comparing 60 million votes to 11 million sold, you have to look at that and realize that obviouslymore people are out voting then buying rap albums though.

So yall gonna tell me that my grandparents, or 40+ yr old white people were enamored with 50 Cent like they were with Obama, gimme a break. Outside of youngpeople, nobody gave two %%#%@ about Fiddy, even though In Da Club was that fiya.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

This is the dumbest question in the history of Western civilization.

And that was the dumbest statement in history. Period.

But anyway...

FeelMode gets the point I'm trying to make.

Mangudai954 wrote:
You think way too much man

I really thought it was getting better. I haven't been making as many threads as I normally do.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

50 Cent. 50s buzz was crazy. You had conservative white women dancing to in da club and candy shop.
Obama got conservative White women to vote
pimp.gif

Running to the polls > dancing on the poles

Every president in America has had a bigger buzz than 50 ever will. what kind of nonsense is this? There are Americans who don't know who 50cent is,shocker or couldnt point him out.
Put Barack and 50 in a room with 20 other blackmen and have random people around the globe point them out. There are people who can't put 50's face tohis name.

As ignorant as this sounds; if you're over 18, mentally stable/competent and don't know who Barack Obama is, you're not an American. You may notlike him, but you would have to be extremely ignorant or living in a West Virginia mine to not know of Barack Obama's existence

I asked who had a bigger buzz. The buzz is measured by the amount of people who took interest in them. I'm not comparing the men themselves, but ratherthe amount of over all attention given to them.

But like I said, most of you guys don't remember just how crazy 50 Cent mania really was.

Originally Posted by iBlink

I asked who had a bigger buzz. The buzz is measured by the amount of people who took interest in them. I'm not comparing the men themselves, but rather the amount of over all attention given to them.

But like I said, most of you guys don't remember just how crazy 50 Cent mania really was.
thats still comparing fam
laugh.gif

I mean its a no brainer that obama was a bigger deal but I cannot deny 50s buzz I mean He had the game in his hand. But why compare these 2?
laugh.gif

This dude stays making posts that make no sense, duke stated he wasn't making a comparison thread, did he read his own op?

roll.gif

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

Originally Posted by iBlink

I asked who had a bigger buzz. The buzz is measured by the amount of people who took interest in them. I'm not comparing the men themselves, but rather the amount of over all attention given to them.

thats still comparing fam
laugh.gif

Read it again.

Originally Posted by FlyNY

Guerrilla Black > Jay Z
50 Cent > Guerilla Black
Obama > 50 Cent
Guerilla Black over The great Hov? word? i mean dam word?

anyways Obama was elected the mutha $@%##% president son. no one is competin with that

This is the dumbest question I've seen posed on Niketalk General in some time... and that's saying something. You're comparing the BUZZ of 50 Centto Obama? Like seriously? Where are you getting that everyone was listening to 50 Cent back then? It might have seemed like everyone was listening to 50 Centbecause of how old you were back then but you can't honestly believe a large percentage of Americans, let alone the rest of the world, were caught up inthe 50 Cent hype. Like people over the age of 30 were really listening to 50 Cent.
laugh.gif
. Hip-hop's audience isn't even as big as you'd like tobelieve it is. Outside of the US, where hip-hop isn't even close to being the most followed/listened to genre, where else in the world is hip-hop evenremotely popular?

I'm sure by now anyone with access to a television set or a computer knows who Obama is and I'd also think it's safe to assume he's got a lotof support, both in the US and abroad.

edit: Oh yeah, what kind of media attention are you talking about for 50 Cent? MTV? BET? VH1? Hiphop radio stations? Where else was he getting constant airtimeand attention? I must have missed the CNN Specials on 50 Cent, the constant 24/7 news cycle starring 50 Cent, the many front-page headlines, etc.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

PaidNHalf wrote:
This dude stays making posts that make no sense, duke stated he wasn't making a comparison thread, did he read his own op?

roll.gif

I check my original post to make sure I wasn't tripping. It's not me, some of you guys just don't comprehend what's being said. Ofcourse it's a comparison (I used the word versus for Christ's sake) thread, but I'm not comparing the president and the rapper. I'm comparingthe attention given to them.

And apparently I'm not losing it because some people have actually caught on to what I was saying.

Back
Top Bottom