Pretty funny the situation the NBA is in right now.......

if its SPURS vs PISTONS = NBA probably get the lowest finals ratings ever
if its LAKERS vs CELTICS = NBA gonna get high @#% ratings

STERN, get to work!
david+stern.jpg

Stern can just sit back and relax because it will be Lakers Celtics no matter what ..

lol You're speaking the truth but whatever.. The best team in each conference should get to play.. I don't care about ratings..

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Damn you just came up with a crazy new idea that nobody thought about before

yeah dude, you working at nike yet? Creativity at it's best right here! Good work man

This is just small potatoes to Stern. The guy is hell bent on globalizing the NBA, having teams across the globe. This year's playoffs isn't even onthe radar for him.

I was saying that to my dad the other night. Potential highest and lowest rated sports series ever.
laugh.gif

This whole 'Pistons/Spurs final' drawing low rating is overblown as hell...when they met up last time, one of those games was one of the top 10 highestrated NBA games since they moved to ABC/ESPN this decade...matter of fact, up until this year, around 7 of the top 10 highest rated NBA games of the ABC/ESPNera involved the Pistons... Detroit is one of the top 6-10 biggest markets in the US

The Finals last year drew much lower ratings, and that had the NBA's most promoted player....

Your not saying anything new. If it is Pistons vs Spurs only those two markets will care and it will be rated pretty low because both teams play a"boring" style of basketball. Boston vs LA would bring the casual fans in as well, I just want the two best teams regardless of ratings.

Because Stern can control three-pointers, blocked shots, missed layups, offensive rebounds, and steals.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Because Stern can control three-pointers, blocked shots, missed layups, offensive rebounds, and steals.

True story.

Sure, Stern may have a preferred matchup, but he can't do anything about it.

NobleKane likes to think otherwise though.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

no but he can control how the game is officiated ie one team gets to play more physical than the other... nba fans stay in denial that there is apossibility that game outcomes might be fixed... remind me of baseball fans who were in denial that their favorite ball players were taking steroids....

case in point? somebody made a post about Tim Donaghy snitchin on the nba and other refs. how many replies did that post get? 5....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

no but he can control how the game is officiated ie one team gets to play more physical than the other... nba fans stay in denial that there is a possibility that game outcomes might be fixed... remind me of baseball fans who were in denial that their favorite ball players were taking steroids....

case in point? somebody made a post about Tim Donaghy snitchin on the nba and other refs. how many replies did that post get? 5....

You've been saying all year that the NBA/Stern wants/is going to let the Celitcs win the chip.

What happens if the Spurs/Lakers/Pistons win it?

Then what?

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by NobleKane

no but he can control how the game is officiated ie one team gets to play more physical than the other... nba fans stay in denial that there is a possibility that game outcomes might be fixed... remind me of baseball fans who were in denial that their favorite ball players were taking steroids....

You've been saying all year that the NBA/Stern wants/is going to let the Celitcs win the chip.

What happens if the Spurs/Lakers/Pistons win it?

Then what?

Then i will gladly admit that i am an R tard....

Back
Top Bottom