Prince, Passes Away at 57.

That post was so off base it's not even funny :lol:. Dude was already icon status long before he passed,he was always the only artist that could be compared to MJ

When I was younger, Prince always struck me as this super serious, rather solemn dude.

Then when I found out about the Chappelle skit and how Prince wanted to be part of it (given how good he is at ball irl), his pranks and antics, etc., it was very surprising.

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Damn, Prince really kept a low profile doing all these nice things. A truly charitable person doesn't seek recognition.

Very nice to read all of these stories.

Last edited:
It just bothers me how everyone acts like he's God now. No one (figuratively speaking) was talking about him until he died. Same thing everytime an "icon" passes away. Wait a week then back to no one talking about them...

What's most amusing about this is you actually believe you're saying something insightful.

Was Prince all over mainstream media before he passed? No. And yes, the majority of the world will move on in a week.

No **** this is what happens every time an icon passes away.

Does that mean anything in terms of his greatness and the lives he touched over the course of his life/career? No.

Was he still selling out every show in whatever city he decided to do one in. Yes.

The fact that you felt so compelled to state the obvious in the manner that you did is pretty pathetic though.

Last edited:
OT: I'm scoping out for Sade. Need to go see her in concert at least once in my lifetime.

Damn, Prince really kept a low profile doing all these nice things. A truly charitable person doesn't seek recognition.

Very nice to read all of these stories.
I have always felt this way. Lots of folks, famous or not, just HAVE to broadcast their charitable contributions for the sake of likes and pats on the back.

Just do it but everything is about brand promotion so I UNDERSTAND why folks brag about the good the do for others

...at one of three shows he did in l.a. in one night back in '07 or '08.
View media item 2005583
View media item 2005585
...i was apart of his fan club web page so i got discounts on concert tickets. this show was at the staples convention...i think. it was supposed to be the biggest venue of the shows he did that night. i couldn't get tickets to the other two shows, but i was able to snag a pair to this one. as a fan club member, you get orchestra seating...which is right at the stage. when my girl and i got to the show, we were ushered to the front stage area in the orchestra pit. behind us was a rail and then all of the other paid for seating area. there were so many celebs seated behind us, but the only one i was within shouting distance was magic johnson. my girl asked why did we have to stand and they all get to sit down? i pinched her lips closed and told her, "you never been to a prince concert....just watch." the second homie walked on stage to the second he walked off, there were no butts in seats. that whole building jammed for an hour and a half.

the couple of times i've seen him in person, i never met him--but this hurts like he was kin.

Anyone going to catch Purple Rain in theaters? I'm trying to get a group of friends together to go tonight hopefully it works out

He wasn't exactly a regular dude so you're probably not going to hear regular stories :lol:

Yeah really, like some person is going write "I've bumped into him at the Wal-Mart buying Armorall" Not gonna happen with that guy. All these stories are a testament to the quirks in his personality.

My heart can't take this. I refuse to believe Prince is gone. There's no way. Michael, Whitney, David Bowie, and now Prince?

All of my childhood heroes are gone. Seriously, who do we have left? Nah, i quit.... For real, yo.

Back
Top Bottom