***PRO-AM/COLLEGE/HS BASKETBALL/AAU PLAYERS CHIME IN..AND ASK THE REF***

Originally Posted by bigsupa

^^pretty much what it says...

if your trying to steal the ball and defense player hits you ABOVE the wrist it is considered a legitimate attempt to go for the ball..

anything below the wrist and so on CAUSING the ball to become dislodged is illegal so a foul SHOULD be called however if your forearm gets slapped but not hard enough to cause the ball to loosen up in your hands you may not get that call in the college or high varsity levels...

food for thought...if they are strong enough to take a hit and play thru it...no point in blowing the whistle and causing a game stoppage.

does this included shots. got called for a foul on a block from behind because my hand went thru his basically to get to the ball

if your trying to steal the ball and defense player hits you ABOVE the wrist it is considered a legitimate attempt to go for the ball..

anything below the wrist and so on CAUSING the ball to become dislodged is illegal so a foul SHOULD be called however if your forearm gets slapped but not hard enough to cause the ball to loosen up in your hands you may not get that call in the college or high varsity levels...

food for thought...if they are strong enough to take a hit and play thru it...no point in blowing the whistle and causing a game stoppage.

does this included shots. got called for a foul on a block from behind because my hand went thru his basically to get to the ball

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

that's prob why they called a foul...they probably saw contact from behind after the block and mistaken that from a blocked shot... if you were in front of him smh on the ref that blows on that...

were you the primary defender or where you the help defense? when primary defenders get beat 8/10 times they tend to swipe for the ball cuz they got beat off a dribble so frustration kicks in, its totally normal. the help defense isn't really involved in the play and mainly come towards the end of the play to either make a great defense play or bail him out by committing a foul.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

that's prob why they called a foul...they probably saw contact from behind after the block and mistaken that from a blocked shot... if you were in front of him smh on the ref that blows on that...

were you the primary defender or where you the help defense? when primary defenders get beat 8/10 times they tend to swipe for the ball cuz they got beat off a dribble so frustration kicks in, its totally normal. the help defense isn't really involved in the play and mainly come towards the end of the play to either make a great defense play or bail him out by committing a foul.

^^^^ Dude gets a steal and i'm trailing by a step, he goes up for a layup and i basically try to pin it on the backboard. Only go up with my hands, no body contact. At most, I graze his thumb on the block. Ball caroms off the backboard and then I hear a late whistle. I think it was more of an anticipation foul but if it's true about ball being a part of the hand above the wrist, there should have been no call. Right?

^^^^ Dude gets a steal and i'm trailing by a step, he goes up for a layup and i basically try to pin it on the backboard. Only go up with my hands, no body contact. At most, I graze his thumb on the block. Ball caroms off the backboard and then I hear a late whistle. I think it was more of an anticipation foul but if it's true about ball being a part of the hand above the wrist, there should have been no call. Right?

Wa league do you play at?

You are right that's def an anticipated call...I let anything above the rim go...unless the shooter gets killed...point is..if your athletic enough to get that high then you're strong enough to take contact...if your arms are brought down..."foul" if you go crashing to the ground..."foul" if you miss the shot...cuz u got bumped a lil bit..."hit the weight room" is my usual comeback to the player that asks...

If that happens again...tell the ref..."Didn't I have vertically?" his mind will be blown...

Wa league do you play at?

You are right that's def an anticipated call...I let anything above the rim go...unless the shooter gets killed...point is..if your athletic enough to get that high then you're strong enough to take contact...if your arms are brought down..."foul" if you go crashing to the ground..."foul" if you miss the shot...cuz u got bumped a lil bit..."hit the weight room" is my usual comeback to the player that asks...

If that happens again...tell the ref..."Didn't I have vertically?" his mind will be blown...

NCAA Schedules are out...I just got mine.

As always any issues drop me a line...

NCAA Schedules are out...I just got mine.

As always any issues drop me a line...

Can you give us a hint where you going to be working. I need to know who to curse out if they make a call against St. Johns or Duke

Can you give us a hint where you going to be working. I need to know who to curse out if they make a call against St. Johns or Duke

NCAA BALLERS...

IF YOU NEED MORE VERIFICATION ON THE NEW RESTRICTED AREA GET AT ME.

3_FOOT_ARC.jpg

NCAA BALLERS...

IF YOU NEED MORE VERIFICATION ON THE NEW RESTRICTED AREA GET AT ME.

3_FOOT_ARC.jpg

I'm playing my first year at a juco in CA and they just put the restricted area in. Do you know why they put it into the college game?

I'm playing my first year at a juco in CA and they just put the restricted area in. Do you know why they put it into the college game?

big supa!

yea what are the new/modified rules the put in college?

and what are the new points of emphasis ?

Back
Top Bottom