PS3 - Call of Duty: Black Ops - Official Thread - Season 1 Belongs to Team 8. CHAMPIONS!

What's good with this though?

Originally Posted by lrredsoxfan06

Are there going to be tournaments for this, just like MW2?  If so, when are they going to start?  Are there going to be tournaments for money?  If not, provide feedback on who would be interested in playing in a tournament for free?  For money?

..trying to start something uppp!!
smokin.gif

What's good with this though?

Are there going to be tournaments for this, just like MW2?  If so, when are they going to start?  Are there going to be tournaments for money?  If not, provide feedback on who would be interested in playing in a tournament for free?  For money?

..trying to start something uppp!!
smokin.gif

Yup same exact tourney we did for Mw2. No money.

I can only imagine how ugly itd get in here if there was...
Edit:

On top of Page 21 ... My fav number 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Edit:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

no nukes is a good thing. Nothing worse than watching your team get mauled by a CG/AC-130 because they decided to respawn without cold blooded then see/hear the countdown start up.
or knowing that the other team is boosting and not being able to go over there.
Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Also, Nukes were one of the main reasons people boosted. Good riddance, IMO. Play Nuketown if you get your rocks off to Nuke drops. 
As far as respawning withOUT cold-blooded, don't play with people who suck.  If I'm playing with a class that doesn't have cold-blooded and someone on the opposing team earns a CG or AC-130, I'll switch to my launcher class.  Either that or someone on my team will already have a launcher class and will let the rest of the team know they gon' shoot it down.

As far as boosting, who cares?  Do you.  If it's that annoying, where people boost OD or are hacking just to get Nukes, back out.  Lames don't deserve friends, LOL.
laugh.gif

Personally, I think nukes are a good additive to the game.  It's more or less the be all end all of a specific game, no pun intended.  Makes you want to earn them that much more.

I wouldnt mind the nukes. The killstreaks are unstackable right?? shyyyyyyyyt 25 in a row?? thats a challenge but us NT'rs are very capable

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

no nukes is a good thing. Nothing worse than watching your team get mauled by a CG/AC-130 because they decided to respawn without cold blooded then see/hear the countdown start up.
or knowing that the other team is boosting and not being able to go over there.

Also, Nukes were one of the main reasons people boosted. Good riddance, IMO. Play Nuketown if you get your rocks off to Nuke drops. 
As far as respawning withOUT cold-blooded, don't play with people who suck.  If I'm playing with a class that doesn't have cold-blooded and someone on the opposing team earns a CG or AC-130, I'll switch to my launcher class.  Either that or someone on my team will already have a launcher class and will let the rest of the team know they gon' shoot it down.

As far as boosting, who cares?  Do you.  If it's that annoying, where people boost OD or are hacking just to get Nukes, back out.  Lames don't deserve friends, LOL.
laugh.gif

Personally, I think nukes are a good additive to the game.  It's more or less the be all end all of a specific game, no pun intended.  Makes you want to earn them that much more.

I wouldnt mind the nukes. The killstreaks are unstackable right?? shyyyyyyyyt 25 in a row?? thats a challenge but us NT'rs are very capable

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

Edit:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
When will it start/when will we receive details on it?

Not to bash or anything, just giving my feedback, the tournament for MW2 was slum.  People always saying something along the lines of - "I can't play tonight, I'm busy at those times, etc."

On top of that, people who wanted to get in on the tournament, including myself, couldn't get in because of the tournament already in progress.  Why don't we start something now, real early, so we capture the maximum amount of people.

My suggestion would be have set teams starting ASAP, set dates for games to be played and if certain team members aren't available, they pick up a free agent or play handicapped.  I'm not 100% sure about the other rules and what not, but these are the two things that seemed to bother me for the tournament for MW2.

Also, why not a tournament for people who want to wager?  Give people the opportunity to make some side cash.  These tournaments could have the same rules and what not, but maybe drag the rounds out a little longer, say best 6 out of 11 or something to give people a better chance of NOT losing their money.  I'm DEFINITELY down to wager; it doesn't have to be much either, say $5 - $10.

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

Edit:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
When will it start/when will we receive details on it?

Not to bash or anything, just giving my feedback, the tournament for MW2 was slum.  People always saying something along the lines of - "I can't play tonight, I'm busy at those times, etc."

On top of that, people who wanted to get in on the tournament, including myself, couldn't get in because of the tournament already in progress.  Why don't we start something now, real early, so we capture the maximum amount of people.

My suggestion would be have set teams starting ASAP, set dates for games to be played and if certain team members aren't available, they pick up a free agent or play handicapped.  I'm not 100% sure about the other rules and what not, but these are the two things that seemed to bother me for the tournament for MW2.

Also, why not a tournament for people who want to wager?  Give people the opportunity to make some side cash.  These tournaments could have the same rules and what not, but maybe drag the rounds out a little longer, say best 6 out of 11 or something to give people a better chance of NOT losing their money.  I'm DEFINITELY down to wager; it doesn't have to be much either, say $5 - $10.

Originally Posted by aveezytheBEAST

What do you mean by unstackable?  I know in MW2 you have to get 25 kills IN A ROW, as you mentioned.  I'm not sure about Black Ops with the whole, buying your weapons and whatever else bologna.

25 kills in a row is a challenge if you are new to playing online.  25 kills in a row after playing for an accumulated 20 days since the release is, well .., mandatory for each time you play.
laugh.gif

What do you mean by unstackable?  I know in MW2 you have to get 25 kills IN A ROW, as you mentioned.  I'm not sure about Black Ops with the whole, buying your weapons and whatever else bologna.

25 kills in a row is a challenge if you are new to playing online.  25 kills in a row after playing for an accumulated 20 days since the release is, well .., mandatory for each time you play.
laugh.gif

We tried the money thing in the waaaaay early stages of Call of Duty 4, didn't work well, all these ballin @$% !$+@%! who date super models, drove M3's and took baths in caviar suddenly had ZERO money for the tournament.

We tried the money thing in the waaaaay early stages of Call of Duty 4, didn't work well, all these ballin @$% !$+@%! who date super models, drove M3's and took baths in caviar suddenly had ZERO money for the tournament.

I cant even imagine the type of gameplay/strategies dudes would come up with if money was involved.. *##* would be the worst
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I cant even imagine the type of gameplay/strategies dudes would come up with if money was involved.. *##* would be the worst
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Grimey

Kobe with the noob tube PRO PIPE!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Fixed

pimp.gif

I don't understand, it's not as if Sony has money, too.

The features the XBox version of this game gets compared to the PS3 version sometimes make me wish I had an XBox...
We pay anywhere from 30- 50 dollars a year for a better online experience. No fanboy, that's just how it is.

Originally Posted by Grimey

Kobe with the noob tube PRO PIPE!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Fixed

pimp.gif

I don't understand, it's not as if Sony has money, too.

The features the XBox version of this game gets compared to the PS3 version sometimes make me wish I had an XBox...
We pay anywhere from 30- 50 dollars a year for a better online experience. No fanboy, that's just how it is.

i want in on the tourney. im actually thinking about pulling out cod4 for the weekend, miss that game. anyone intrested in getting those games in lmk.

i want in on the tourney. im actually thinking about pulling out cod4 for the weekend, miss that game. anyone intrested in getting those games in lmk.

laugh.gif

Means that using your gun/tube and knife you're gonna have to get to 25. Killstreaks won't help you get to the next one. How MW2 should've been.

laugh.gif

Means that using your gun/tube and knife you're gonna have to get to 25. Killstreaks won't help you get to the next one. How MW2 should've been.

Back
Top Bottom