PS3 - Call of Duty: Black Ops - Official Thread - Season 1 Belongs to Team 8. CHAMPIONS!

Originally Posted by Battousai7o1

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

COD4 season is going to be a fail.
yep. 
laugh.gif

Im not playing in it btw.
cuz u guys suck at it
yes shots fired!

laugh.gif
I can say that's the one I am not all that great at.

When the hell did you get banned?

I ran like 6 games of Search a little while ago and did pretty well but this dude Bay is just un-catchable in the leaderboards for that
laugh.gif
I'm at 560 per min then I look at his 703 per min and shut the game off
laugh.gif

i remember spider man that $++! on cod4. and nino always going 'you're welcome' for every uav. and all those FFAs just telling people they right behind you.

the simple days.

Originally Posted by Battousai7o1

every game has its flaws, but id rather take the flaws of cod4 over mw2 and black ops.

and december... you a NYer?
Fair enough. And right every game has its flaws. Black Ops def has some it self. Sadly more on 1 console than the others. And it looks like both PSNers & 3arc have given up.
As for the others. Im still happily playing it with lil to no issues. No not on PS3. 

And yeah. Queens. But moved to minny several years ago. I still go back and visit every summer. Well atleast id like too. I havent the past couple though sadly 
ohwell.gif

empirestrikesfirst wrote:
This dude December has been around for less than a year and is now an expert on why NT'ers love a game he had no participation in. 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Just be a captain already... 
30t6p3b.gif

What you mean? On NT?  If so your wrong. If youre talking about PSN/Gaming/CoD in general .. then yeah youre right. But i picked up on A LOT quick as hell. And what you mean no participation when you see me play the game. 
grin.gif
. What do you have some super duper exclusive copy that my disc cant do? I played the same game youve played and i dont see anything that is different from all the other cods. Except for no pro perks. Yeah its a bit simpler in terms of everyone having the same KS. whoopty doo ... like i said. I think you guys were so "
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
This is the best game ever" was cause it was the 1st of its kind. 
Ive talked to many people that have been playing since CoD2 and some also think Black Ops is the best cod to date. And feel the same way of why ppl love cod4 so much. No knock on the game. Its a fine game. But yeah.. if you guys like it thats fine. I personally dont think its the best cod tho. Blops is. But again cause i get to play it on the more compatible console. You guys got the short end of the stick. Which is understandable of why yall still say "Cod4>*"

And nah. Didnt you say you were gonna become a Captain when the next tourney rolls around? Well this is it. Step up to the plate Christopherson. 

Damn it, I just got logged out of PSN mid-game and now a message displays "Block Ops server is not available at this time."
frown.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

I stick by my opinion that black ops on ps3 is great
Youre a fortunate one then. 
I think part of the reason i hate black ops on the ps3 is cause my my IP address changes. Which switches up my NAT type all the time. And makes it a pain in the !*%#!%! +%$ to have people connect to me or i connect to them.

Plus framerate isnt as smooth as it is on the 360. But Mw2 graphics,engine,framrate > black ops on ps3/360 

But Blops isnt all that bad and not a major step back by any means.

Proshares wrote:
What part of Queens you from? 
nerd.gif

Sunnyside/Woodside Queens. 
You? 
nerd.gif

A December vs Process challenge would be on some Wrestlemania !!++!
eek.gif

Let me be a spectator...
laugh.gif

Whose team will win?

PO

I'm not new to the COD series; however, I am new to the PS3 scene.  I just picked Black Ops over the weekend and I don't see the difference between 360 and PS3 versions.  The PS3 version seems run as smooth as its 360 counterpart.  I have noticed some slowness when I'm trying to find a match from time to time; however, that would be a knock against the PS3 servers and not the game.  The hardware within these two systems are so close that it's very hard to find differences in some games.  But anyway, I'm down to play anytime (after 8pm EST)..like I said, I'm not new to the series, so don't get it twisted, I'm no noob..lol

SN: When you own both consoles..life is so much easier.

Originally Posted by PO2345

A December vs Process challenge would be on some Wrestlemania !!++!
eek.gif

Let me be a spectator...
laugh.gif

Whose team will win?

PO
I would, before the exchange rate.
Naw, December, I am just saying. You have run MW2 and Black Ops for only a year with NT'ers and never experienced COD4 that way. I dont know about you, but when I play solo and when I run with a group of NT'ers its like a totally different game. Alot of things that may irritate you solo are non-issues when in a group with good players. 

And best of all time is COD3. 
laugh.gif
 I love simplicity, which is why I enjoy Killzone. Again, all opinion based.

I will definitely captain a team for COD4, but my GM skills are awful, as I have proven before. 
laugh.gif

ChicagoKid23 (Donut1908) wrote:
Originally Posted by youngmoney

LOL at all of you. im out.

intro...deuces.
you were never in!
laugh.gif
jk yo im headed to florida in the next couple of days
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

I'm not new to the COD series; however, I am new to the PS3 scene.  I just picked Black Ops over the weekend and I don't see the difference between 360 and PS3 versions.  The PS3 version seems run as smooth as its 360 counterpart.  I have noticed some slowness when I'm trying to find a match from time to time; however, that would be a knock against the PS3 servers and not the game.  The hardware within these two systems are so close that it's very hard to find differences in some games.  But anyway, I'm down to play anytime (after 8pm EST)..like I said, I'm not new to the series, so don't get it twisted, I'm no noob..lol

SN: When you own both consoles..life is so much easier.

you werent there from the beginning of the PS3 BO era. after patch 1.05 i think every game would start for a minute
and then automatically fail i prolly had 20 losses in a row because of that, infinite loading screens where you were forced
to soft reset your ps3, i think my ps3 froze maybe once and ive had it for 2-3 years before BO then BO dropped and its prolly froze
25+ times since then because of BO the game is 500x better now then on RD but still it has horrible lag and hit detection if you have a 360 dont even bother picking it up for the ps3 your better off staying on the 360

Originally Posted by Air ih Zona

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

It's better than Joke Ops.

Why are you so mad at Fail Ops? I love that game but I am not a fan boy of it.
When are you gong to get over it.
grin.gif

Boost hated BO 3 months before RD theres no changing his mind
laugh.gif

and yo Dec COD4 got the best perk balance and loadouts, hit detection, and spawns
i started with COD4 played waw, mw2, bo and the only maps i rank up there with cod 4 maps are
skidrow, subbase, terminal, highrise, and rundown hell i hate downpour ask boost but i'd still play downpour
over every waw and bo maps and half of the mw2 maps also shipment > rust + nuketown

Originally Posted by dianwei55

and yo Dec COD4 got the best perk balance and loadouts, hit detection, and spawns
i started with COD4 played waw, mw2, bo and the only maps i rank up there with cod 4 maps are
skidrow, subbase, terminal, highrise, and rundown hell i hate downpour ask boost but i'd still play downpour
over every waw and bo maps and half of the mw2 maps also shipment > rust + nuketown

Perk Balance - Nope. Hell no. I love this perk balance the most. Which is part of the reason why this is the most balanced cod game to date.
Spawns - Nope. In the beginning yeah. But now. Hell no. I havent heard  a complaint about the spawn system since that 1 patch. Thing is basically flawless now. 

Maps ... Theyre all good. Depends on what mood youre in and what you wanna play at the time. 

Ill give u Hit detection though.

Perk Balance - Nope. Hell no. I love this perk balance the most. Which is part of the reason why this is the most balanced cod game to date.
Spawns - Nope. In the beginning yeah. But now. Hell no. I havent heard  a complaint about the spawn system since that 1 patch. Thing is basically flawless now. 

Maps ... Theyre all good. Depends on what mood youre in and what you wanna play at the time. 

Ill give u Hit detection though.
are you kidding me SOH runs perk 2 Ghost runs perk 1 thats balanced?
spawns are still way better in COD4 and MW2 in BO they switch way too fast and
 flip if you remotely get close to their spawn point

Im not even gonna start this debate about ghost again. U know damn well wat my argument is.

And yeah. No *%%*. if u play tdm and *%%*. ONLY game mode that has set spawns is CTF and Demo. So why is it bad? And they flip if u are up in there spawn like in dom. U cant just rush into their awn in dom. U gotta learn how to spawn trap correctly .

Black ops spawn system runs perfectly fine. now.

Im not even gonna start this debate about ghost again. U know damn well wat my argument is.

And yeah. No *%%*. if u play tdm and *%%*. ONLY game mode that has set spawns is CTF and Demo. So why is it bad? And they flip if u are up in there spawn like in dom. U cant just rush into their awn in dom. U gotta learn how to spawn trap correctly .

Donut is right.
Unless they updated the spawn system 2 weeks ago (when I last played it), it's exactly the same, means, it has the worse spawns of any Call of Duty title. Treyarch sets up the spawns so that YOU can get that payback. Treyarch also sets up the spawns to kill off camping in a sense. They spawn you close to the other team or around the area so YOU can get a kill easier/faster. Another thing, if more than 2 or 3 people enter the other teams spawn area they flip the spawn point to the other side of the map. Again, sounds good on paper, but it's poorly executed when playing in-game. 

2 things happen, one, you get spawn close to the player for the 'payback' but the spawn system doesn't  recognize that the player is surrounded by his team, which makes it 6 vs. 1. You get killed again. The second thing that happens is two or three of your team mates enter the enemies spawn, the game spawn system picks it up and senses its to many people entering the spawn, they flip it, but the spawn system doesn't realize there are 3 or 4 other members still sitting in there own spawn or near the spawn area which all the sudden the whole team gets killed and screaming "how did they get behind me so fast", while the others dudes are sitting in the enemy spawn wondering, "where did they go", while just moments ago the UAV just showed them all here.

IMO Lack Ops spawn system is set up for noobs, to get the kill back quick. In COD4 and MW2, the spawn system is setup to spawn you closet to your teams BUT not close enough to the enemy where you could get spawn trap. For example in MW2, play TDM, have one guy stay back in the spawn, the other 5 run out and one guy gets killed. Where does the spawn system spawn him? Next to the enemy or in his spawn system? No, they spawn him all the way back, next to the guy that didn't move or barely stayed near his spawn. I rather spawn across the map and work my way over to kill somebody than spawn in there camp or around it and get murk by 3 or 4 dudes. 

Working for the kill > Treyarch helping you

Donut is right.
Unless they updated the spawn system 2 weeks ago (when I last played it), it's exactly the same, means, it has the worse spawns of any Call of Duty title. Treyarch sets up the spawns so that YOU can get that payback. Treyarch also sets up the spawns to kill off camping in a sense. They spawn you close to the other team or around the area so YOU can get a kill easier/faster. Another thing, if more than 2 or 3 people enter the other teams spawn area they flip the spawn point to the other side of the map. Again, sounds good on paper, but it's poorly executed when playing in-game. 

2 things happen, one, you get spawn close to the player for the 'payback' but the spawn system doesn't  recognize that the player is surrounded by his team, which makes it 6 vs. 1. You get killed again. The second thing that happens is two or three of your team mates enter the enemies spawn, the game spawn system picks it up and senses its to many people entering the spawn, they flip it, but the spawn system doesn't realize there are 3 or 4 other members still sitting in there own spawn or near the spawn area which all the sudden the whole team gets killed and screaming "how did they get behind me so fast", while the others dudes are sitting in the enemy spawn wondering, "where did they go", while just moments ago the UAV just showed them all here.

IMO Lack Ops spawn system is set up for noobs, to get the kill back quick. In COD4 and MW2, the spawn system is setup to spawn you closet to your teams BUT not close enough to the enemy where you could get spawn trap. For example in MW2, play TDM, have one guy stay back in the spawn, the other 5 run out and one guy gets killed. Where does the spawn system spawn him? Next to the enemy or in his spawn system? No, they spawn him all the way back, next to the guy that didn't move or barely stayed near his spawn. I rather spawn across the map and work my way over to kill somebody than spawn in there camp or around it and get murk by 3 or 4 dudes. 

i didnt read the rest of your meaningless rant, but MW2 is the king of spawn traps 
grin.gif

I'm sorry but I'm not reading that.

But yeah, what poot said.^^^

Many said WaW had hand down thee best spawn system & same goes for blops now. Sine their patch.

Also , I hope you're not telling me that in mw2 that you had to work for the kill. Anything w/ stopping power or danger close is #*!#*+ insta-death.

ForeverDecember21 wrote:

IMO Lack Ops spawn system is set up for noobs,

If only youre main arguments still held true. And wasnt based on stuff that happened during its first month or two. 

Back
Top Bottom