PS3 - Call of Duty: Black Ops - Official Thread - Season 1 Belongs to Team 8. CHAMPIONS!

Ik0n;587 wrote:
Everything We Know So Far
Updated: October 17th, 2010
All new information in this color.

Game Information

200787arp1.jpg
270562arp2.jpg
640161arp1.jpg
230874arp1.jpg

Genre: First Person Shooter
Publisher: Activision
Developer: Treyarch
Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC, Wii
Release Date: November 9th, 2010

Campaign Information
Spoiler [+]
  • The trailer released on May 18, 2010, which indicated that the game will have a story stressing the fine lines between good and evil, as well as a greater amount of story featuring the Vietnam War than previously suspected. They have also said that Black Ops will feature considerably more stealth than any previous entries in the Call of Duty series.
  • Vietnam, Cuba, the Arctic, Laos and Russia have been confirmed as locations in the game.
  • Beyond the single-player story, the game will have a cooperative mode for two to four players and an online multiplayer mode. As for the story, players will see it story unfold from the point of view of at least two main characters in multiple covert international conflicts. “Our writers are focused on telling an epic story,â€

Ik0n;587 wrote:
Everything We Know So Far
Updated: October 17th, 2010
All new information in this color.

Game Information

200787arp1.jpg
270562arp2.jpg
640161arp1.jpg
230874arp1.jpg

Genre: First Person Shooter
Publisher: Activision
Developer: Treyarch
Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC, Wii
Release Date: November 9th, 2010

Campaign Information
Spoiler [+]
  • The trailer released on May 18, 2010, which indicated that the game will have a story stressing the fine lines between good and evil, as well as a greater amount of story featuring the Vietnam War than previously suspected. They have also said that Black Ops will feature considerably more stealth than any previous entries in the Call of Duty series.
  • Vietnam, Cuba, the Arctic, Laos and Russia have been confirmed as locations in the game.
  • Beyond the single-player story, the game will have a cooperative mode for two to four players and an online multiplayer mode. As for the story, players will see it story unfold from the point of view of at least two main characters in multiple covert international conflicts. “Our writers are focused on telling an epic story,â€

my dude keith dropping mad knowledge
pimp.gif

the perk list is interesting i can already see some combos im gonna use
but i can see myself not touching half of the perks

my dude keith dropping mad knowledge
pimp.gif

the perk list is interesting i can already see some combos im gonna use
but i can see myself not touching half of the perks

Can someone explain to me why there are no night levels? The last ones I heard of was wet works and bog.

Can someone explain to me why there are no night levels? The last ones I heard of was wet works and bog.

I'm a little confused why there's prices for the kill streaks. So we have to pay to unlock kill streaks? Do they count XP's as money now?

I'm a little confused why there's prices for the kill streaks. So we have to pay to unlock kill streaks? Do they count XP's as money now?

Originally Posted by Grimey

all the night levels are/were trash

derail is trash
rundown is trash

underpass is trash

karachi is trash

estate is halfway trash

wasteland is complete trash

fuel is trash

salvage is trash

that's 8 maps that suck. Any 2 of those could've been replaced by parts of the destroyed DC section of single player. 

*hopes whoever is left of the MW2 crew is working on MP maps of that and pieces of the castle level.

derail is trash
rundown is trash

underpass is trash

karachi is trash

estate is halfway trash

fuel is trash

salvage is trash

that's 8 maps that suck. Any 2 of those could've been replaced by parts of the destroyed DC section of single player. 

*hopes whoever is left of the MW2 crew is working on MP maps of that and pieces of the castle level.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

derail is trash
rundown is trash

underpass is trash

karachi is trash

estate is halfway trash

fuel is trash

salvage is trash

derail, underpass, karachi, wasteland, estate were not trash...salvage, fuel, and any new map stage is trash tho

derail is trash
rundown is trash

underpass is trash

karachi is trash

estate is halfway trash

fuel is trash

salvage is trash

derail, underpass, karachi, wasteland, estate were not trash...salvage, fuel, and any new map stage is trash tho

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

There is no more XP, per se.

I'm not sure if your Codpoints are your XP for levelling up, but any points you get in the game are CP (Codpoints), and they go towards unlocking everything in the game.

You have to be a certain level to be able to buy a perk, or gun, or killstreak reward, but even once you 'unlock' it, you still have to be able to afford it.

This way you can skip attachments you don't like, and go for the ones you really use. Same with weapons, and camos.

You also spend CP on things like stickers for your emblem, and customizing your red dot sight.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

There is no more XP, per se.

I'm not sure if your Codpoints are your XP for levelling up, but any points you get in the game are CP (Codpoints), and they go towards unlocking everything in the game.

You have to be a certain level to be able to buy a perk, or gun, or killstreak reward, but even once you 'unlock' it, you still have to be able to afford it.

This way you can skip attachments you don't like, and go for the ones you really use. Same with weapons, and camos.

You also spend CP on things like stickers for your emblem, and customizing your red dot sight.

Thanks for clarifying and all the info you're adding to this thread. Can't wait for this game to release.

Thanks for clarifying and all the info you're adding to this thread. Can't wait for this game to release.

derail is trash
rundown is trash

underpass is trash

karachi is trash

estate is halfway trash

fuel is trash

salvage is trash

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE.. i liked all those maps...
People who ive plaed w/ KNOW that i always love to run Underpass, Rundown and etc... I jus like med-Big maps... 
pimp.gif

Edit: Cme to think of it ... At the end of the day, i enjoyed most if not all the ,maps on mw2 (including map packs)

Quarry/Crash/Carnival  sometimes annoyed me... but w/e.. i liked the maps 

derail is trash
rundown is trash

underpass is trash

karachi is trash

estate is halfway trash

fuel is trash

salvage is trash

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE.. i liked all those maps...
People who ive plaed w/ KNOW that i always love to run Underpass, Rundown and etc... I jus like med-Big maps... 
pimp.gif

Edit: Cme to think of it ... At the end of the day, i enjoyed most if not all the ,maps on mw2 (including map packs)

Quarry/Crash/Carnival  sometimes annoyed me... but w/e.. i liked the maps 

Back
Top Bottom