PS3 - Call of Duty: Black Ops - Official Thread - Season 1 Belongs to Team 8. CHAMPIONS!

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by Grimey

SOG mission on vet is +*#+!@# brutal.. i can't get past the part where you have to stap the barrels
You talking about when you have to kick the barrels of napalm into the trenches?

Yep
30t6p3b.gif
at how many times I died before I completed the mission. I just tried using my cover as effectively as I could. I was running to other bunkers to replenish my health.
Took me a good 15 attempts.... 
grin.gif

Best method I found, was wait at the top until you hear the napalm strike it, then run down and join your crew. Crawl over to the bunker on the right while killing the two or three NVA. Pick up the China Lake (fire off a few round downhill whenever you need to make a break without cover), and crawl back to the middle sandbag area where your crew is.

From there, go left and down to a bunker containing a mounted gun. Shoot a bit and One of your friends should kick one of the barrels for you. They should set themselves up one "level" lower now. Make your way over to them, then continue right (when facing downhill) There will always be 2 or 3 guys that replenish near there, so be careful. Make your way into the bunker, kill a few people through the windows, then head back out. There will be a couple posted up ontop of the bunker, kill them, then dash for the barrel. The animation takes so long... but I found you dont get shot at a ton, just be ready to spring back into the bunker as soon as you get control.

There should be one left after this. Use cover, the last of your china lake rounds, then spring and kick it. If you can kick it before you die, the napalm goes off and your pretty much safe from gunfire.

SOG mission on vet is +*#+!@# brutal.. i can't get past the part where you have to stap the barrels
You talking about when you have to kick the barrels of napalm into the trenches?

Yep
30t6p3b.gif
at how many times I died before I completed the mission. I just tried using my cover as effectively as I could. I was running to other bunkers to replenish my health.
Took me a good 15 attempts.... 
grin.gif

Best method I found, was wait at the top until you hear the napalm strike it, then run down and join your crew. Crawl over to the bunker on the right while killing the two or three NVA. Pick up the China Lake (fire off a few round downhill whenever you need to make a break without cover), and crawl back to the middle sandbag area where your crew is.

From there, go left and down to a bunker containing a mounted gun. Shoot a bit and One of your friends should kick one of the barrels for you. They should set themselves up one "level" lower now. Make your way over to them, then continue right (when facing downhill) There will always be 2 or 3 guys that replenish near there, so be careful. Make your way into the bunker, kill a few people through the windows, then head back out. There will be a couple posted up ontop of the bunker, kill them, then dash for the barrel. The animation takes so long... but I found you dont get shot at a ton, just be ready to spring back into the bunker as soon as you get control.

There should be one left after this. Use cover, the last of your china lake rounds, then spring and kick it. If you can kick it before you die, the napalm goes off and your pretty much safe from gunfire.

Originally Posted by AlSnEaKs

Originally Posted by hlf man hlf amzng

for those who hate the game after 2 days, this isn't modern warfare 2. in fact, black ops is MUCH harder than MW2. guns have a lot of recoil. you can't just jump into a fire fight like we all were so accustomed to. even if you win that fight, you WILL get killed from behind by someone else. head on rushing will not get you anywhere in this game. it's all about being in the best position and skill to get your kills now. It actually MEANS something if you reach the higher killstreaks. you actually had to earn them.

All of what you said can be summed up with one word.......Camping! It doesnt take any skill whatsoever to camp and wait for someone to run by your screen. What does recoil have to do with anything? Thats the least of this gsmes problems. This game isnt about skill at all its a matter of who has patience to camp longer. I've had more fun staring ar a wall.

You're talking about MW2 right?  Cause last I checked a good example of camping was getting your predator, double kill, harrier and then waiting somewhere for your chopper gunner/ac130.  The way the maps on black ops are designed there are no safe camping spots.  People WILL spawn right behind you.  You can't double claymore protect yourself anymore.  The game is a lot more difficult when you don't have guns with little to no recoil like the ACR/UMP.  It'll take more shots and better aim to win your fights.  

Originally Posted by AlSnEaKs

Originally Posted by hlf man hlf amzng

for those who hate the game after 2 days, this isn't modern warfare 2. in fact, black ops is MUCH harder than MW2. guns have a lot of recoil. you can't just jump into a fire fight like we all were so accustomed to. even if you win that fight, you WILL get killed from behind by someone else. head on rushing will not get you anywhere in this game. it's all about being in the best position and skill to get your kills now. It actually MEANS something if you reach the higher killstreaks. you actually had to earn them.

All of what you said can be summed up with one word.......Camping! It doesnt take any skill whatsoever to camp and wait for someone to run by your screen. What does recoil have to do with anything? Thats the least of this gsmes problems. This game isnt about skill at all its a matter of who has patience to camp longer. I've had more fun staring ar a wall.

You're talking about MW2 right?  Cause last I checked a good example of camping was getting your predator, double kill, harrier and then waiting somewhere for your chopper gunner/ac130.  The way the maps on black ops are designed there are no safe camping spots.  People WILL spawn right behind you.  You can't double claymore protect yourself anymore.  The game is a lot more difficult when you don't have guns with little to no recoil like the ACR/UMP.  It'll take more shots and better aim to win your fights.  

I'm bout to get on for the first time, hopefully some of yall are on to protect me
laugh.gif

I'm bout to get on for the first time, hopefully some of yall are on to protect me
laugh.gif

my homie cameover and i started playing like +*!$ with him watchingso i got off.. oh yeah array or whatever is the worst map by far

my homie cameover and i started playing like +*!$ with him watchingso i got off.. oh yeah array or whatever is the worst map by far

Are headsets still really valuable? I bought some headphones but never bought the mixamp since i quit playing right when i got the headphones, Should i buy it for this game?

my copy should be here in an hour
pimp.gif

Are headsets still really valuable? I bought some headphones but never bought the mixamp since i quit playing right when i got the headphones, Should i buy it for this game?

my copy should be here in an hour
pimp.gif

this lag can suck my weiner

i havent gone positive since the day it came out...once this gets fixed itll be good

this lag can suck my weiner

i havent gone positive since the day it came out...once this gets fixed itll be good

For those having lag problems, press select in the player match menu screen and choose locale only.

Back
Top Bottom