PS3|PSP THD: Dirty is shutting us down, help us get to 25k before tomorrow!

Yo boost quick question. Is Transformers still going to be a HD-DVD exclusive? If so what a stupid move on Paramount every movie they released on duel formats BD kills HD. Here's a pic of the sales chart to back up my statement.

prt2us3.jpg

yo add me to the mix cookielover49 i am always on Warhawk, NCAA , resistance and, just resistantly SKATE !!

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND
cookielover49​

i love all the news and updates. keep it coming boost. much appreciated.
can someone drop some knowledge on the ps3 web browser. :nerd:
nerd.gif
and about the PSN. does it have movies, music, pictures that can be downloaded? or is it games, and software updates only. can we check e-mail, or go on youtube? how is the functionality?

Nice look, Boost!

I am thinking NBA Live 08 over 2K8 for myslef, but who knows, I may get both.

Latest Pick-up: Trainer Dunk High (nwsprnt/aq fl bl-mdm gry-myth)​

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Damn, that list is crazy, Blu-ray is stomping out HD-DVD easily. But yeah, Transfomers is DVD and HD-DVD exclusive, :frown:
frown.gif
... but if your a tech savy person, you can convert the HD-DVD and make it work on your PS3, :evil:
devil.gif
:evil:
devil.gif
Video: HD-DVD exclusives converted to Blu-ray, playable on PS3
391666511_96a821944d_o.jpg
Quote:
Consumers have pretty much always been the most affected party in a format war. With each format having its own share of exclusives, those who have picked one over the other have become left out of what the other has to offer.

There's some good news for Blu-ray supporters, though. Someone who goes by the handle of ps3videohelp has posted a video on Metacafe that supposedly works as a guide on how to convert HD-DVD content to Blu-ray without any re-encoding or loss of quality.

The content can then be burned onto a Blu-ray disc or multiple DVDs. Converted HD-DVDs can also reportedly be played using the Sony PlayStation 3 home video game console.

Anyway, you can check out the video below. Be warned, though: the quality's a bit on the low side, so you may have to be a little creative in trying to ascertain what the guide says.
Click Here

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Quote:
I just don't see it taking over the mainstream when it comes to taking over the regular DVD. That's just me

I definitely agree with you on that.

I can actually see a new format (not for another 4/5 years maybe) that will be the REAL next step. Mainstream is simply not ready for Blu-Ray/HD.

And in all honesty, the next step may be straight digital. Similar to the music industry.
Out

Quote:
stillmaticshay
ccookielover49
SithLord22

I added yall to the list.

The PSN List is on page one everybody, first post. I will update your ID from there.
Quote:
I just don't see it taking over the mainstream when it comes to taking over the regular DVD. That's just me
logos.gif

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

I just went on a tear adding ppl but it says I've reached the max. This happen to ne one else??? I think I'm @ 52
THE ARAWAKS WAS HERE FIRST​
TEAM CARIBBEAN​
BAJAN 2 D BONE!! PSN: STEVENBAJAN​

This whole damn week all I hear my boys talk about is halo this and halo that, so I gave in.....

:smh:
smh.gif

Halo 3 is a damn good game, but I'm Sony to the heart still can't get enough of SKATE.

boost i just added you
ONE YASELF!!
TEAM PLATANO

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND
PSN ID:THEh8er83​

Courtesy of news.teamxbox.comWWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 demo out on October 15
61JDiw0mw8L._AA280_.jpg
Quote:
Console gamers, wrestling fans, and casual spectators alike have grown to love the mayhem that WWE games have brought to homes throughout the years. Retailers are now taking THQ's WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 pre-orders, and a demo of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions is set to be unleashed on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live on October 15.

Finally, we'll all be able to test the trumpeted new features in WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 such as the Superstar Fighting Styles, Struggle Submissions, ECW arenas, reworked commentary, and a lot more. Four of your favorite ring icons will be playable in this game demo.

The high-flying Rey Mysterio, the "Phenom" undertaker, the unstoppable Bobby Lashley, and the third-generation superstar Randy Orton will all be there to show off what new moves they have. You can go one-on-one with the CPU or a friend, whichever mode rocks your boat.

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

i dont think hd-dvd is going anywhere for a long time. there's no reason for it to disappear and its not like its struggling.

its sales COMPARED to blu-ray are low, but on its own its doing fine. with the exclusives they have they'll be fine.
///
teamdecepticon
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

Courtesy of gamingindustry.bizPlaylogic plots publication on PS3
100_0749.jpg
Quote:
Dutch outfit Playlogic has now become an official PlayStation 3 publisher.

The news follows Playlogic's recent accreditation by Sony US as an official PS2 and PSP partner.

"It's an industry given that SCEA is representative of the highest standard in game publishing," offered Rogier Smit, executive VP of Playlogic.

"To be able to develop and publish for this incredibly powerful and versatile machine will give us the opportunity to deliver the best in videogame entertainment."

My Take:

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

boost, thanks for the add to the list.
peeps can add me, i was not on ps3 for a good while

guess i'm looking for other stuff to play until haze drops.

i gave in as well and copped a 360 last week
i'm in love with bioshock, i bought the system for it
halo 3 is halfway done...
not sure on what to do with the bball game...

i have always been a fan of the live series, although they have fell off within in last couple of years. so i made the turn to the 2K series, but they may be headed back in the right direction with live.

i dl'ed both the live and 2K demos to both my ps3 and 360, my take was live was overall a more enjoyable game, with the whole "pick up and play" aspect, it is very solid and simple to control. 2K was straight to business with the simulated aspect of the game, with a slightly uncomfortable control scheme for me personally.

live has your more "arcade, run and gun" type of game play and 2K has that "strategic, play the game as you would in real life" type of feel, which of course has been the difference for years, but which way does one turn? since ea is headed back in the right direction. decisions, decisions.

i'm going more towards live, although the frame rate seemed much more fluid on the 360 than the ps3. and both 2K demos ran smooth on both systems.

brandon, when you sent that message i was starting my ebay auctions, we can play tomorrow when i get off work if you want.
T-SHIRT BLOW OUT, SIZE MEDIUM! LOTS OF GREAT BRANDS TO CHOOSE FROM: THE HUNDREDS, THAT'S THEM, UNDER-CROWN, DBTH, PFK, PROPER. SOME NEW, SOME USED - ALL IN PERFECT SHAPE! CLICK ME

Quote:
2K was straight to business with the simulated aspect of the game, with a slightly uncomfortable control scheme for me personally.
:wow:
eek.gif
Latest Pick-up: Trainer Dunk High (nwsprnt/aq fl bl-mdm gry-myth)​

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

can i get an add also?

MarkyMark206

been playing SKATE (demo) for the LONGEST time..and i can't get enough of this game..NBA 2k8 is playing REAL nice too (compared to the XBOX360 demo)

Back
Top Bottom