PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Today while playing MWF2 online... my system froze.

I couldnt do a regular system shutdown... so i pressed the button in the back.

Turned it back on, and none of my discs are reading.

What should i do ??

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Today while playing MWF2 online... my system froze.

I couldnt do a regular system shutdown... so i pressed the button in the back.

Turned it back on, and none of my discs are reading.

What should i do ??
the discs not reading is probably why your system froze, your blu-ray laser might be done

youre gonna have to send it in

UC2 won GOTY...Friend announced it last night while we were playing
laugh.gif

Batman:AA2 is definitely a surprise. First one is probably my GOTY 09..

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

UC2 won GOTY...Friend announced it last night while we were playing
laugh.gif

Batman:AA2 is definitely a surprise. First one is probably my GOTY 09..

those vga awards, done by gametrailers, "voted on" by the fans were so weird in a sense

uncharted 2 won GOTY (deserved imo) but all the other GOTY candiates received awards that definitely could have gone either way, as if they wanted to makeeveryone happy, and by everyone i mean developers

all 5 GOTY candiates - L4D2 (best 360 game), AC2 (best action adventure game
indifferent.gif
), MW2 (best first person shooter) B:AA (best studio, should have gone to Naughty Dog imo but im not complaining)

the only other award that all of these games could have fought over was "best graphics" which also went to uncharted 2

I went to the LA Auto Show yesterday with the wifey, the Toyota booth had Gran Turismo 5 demo (FT-86), with G25 Steering Wheel. I wanted to get in on it butthe line was dumb long
frown.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I went to the LA Auto Show yesterday with the wifey, the Toyota booth had Gran Turismo 5 demo (FT-86), with G25 Steering Wheel. I wanted to get in on it but the line was dumb long
frown.gif

if its an actualy sony/polyphony demonstration than thats good to know they were using something other than the driving force whatever, from what ive read G25sand G27s worked well with GT5 prologue but not perfectly seeing as how prologue wasnt designed for the G25 and 27 in mind, something about shifters and paddleshifters not working properly

itll be good news if polyphony developed the game to work perfectly with all compatible logitech wheels, especially the 25 and 27

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

I finally got the screw out using an screw extractor drill, but how important is the screw being there? as I don't have a replacement of this type.
you can call sony for a replacement screw

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Yo what what the f' happened to my son with the shemagh & orange hair???�
indifferent.gif

smh.gif
@ them dropping a ps2 trailer with a bummy lookin prince...
thats what i said

this is probably just a portable game though or a game on the Wii, if it isnt then
smh.gif

Via Twitter.com

FFXIII Demo sooner than we think?
49421854.jpg

The memo inside hinted at something cool most of you can participate in a few days from now
smile.gif

My Take: Taken from Sonia Twitter, she's a PR Manager for SE America. Paging Hybrid...

^ Nah it's not, Sonia just derailed the hype train.
Square Enix PR rep Sonia Im set the internet ablase with talk of an FF13 demo by teasing for "something cool most of you can participate in a few days from now" over Twitter.

After much speculation across the net, Sonia has confirmed - again via her Twitter - that a demo is not the upcoming surprise.

Here's her tweet confirming it: "Think it's best if I set expectations for my #FFXIII tweet. It is NOT a demo. But it's cool regardless! So please don't be too disappointed"

UFFSite also confirmed this information with Square Enix PR reps, who told us that "the memo in question contains no mention of a demo."

Shorty needs a bullet or a round of them, for that ho !@% stunt she just pulled
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

^ Nah it's not, Sonia just derailed the hype train.
Square Enix PR rep Sonia Im set the internet ablase with talk of an FF13 demo by teasing for "something cool most of you can participate in a few days from now" over Twitter.

After much speculation across the net, Sonia has confirmed - again via her Twitter - that a demo is not the upcoming surprise.

Here's her tweet confirming it: "Think it's best if I set expectations for my #FFXIII tweet. It is NOT a demo. But it's cool regardless! So please don't be too disappointed"

UFFSite also confirmed this information with Square Enix PR reps, who told us that "the memo in question contains no mention of a demo."

Shorty needs a bullet or a round of them, for that ho !@% stunt she just pulled
indifferent.gif

I was about to come in here and shut this BS down. There's no demo, there will be no demo. k thx.

Speaking of XIII...

The game in launching in Japan in just a few days. Here's what you are going to learn:

1. The game is 50 hours plus for the main story. This includes story and cutscenes.

2. Notice I didn't mention anything about sidequests or exploring? Yeah... about that... There are no sidequests and really only two areas to explore/goback to in the game. Everywhere you go, save for the open area with the uber giant enemy and one other place you cannot go back to. It blows because therereally are a lot of beautiful areas but you only get to see them once and can never see them again. The one saving grace out of all of this is that there arehunts. However, its not unlocked until late in the game.

3. Mini games? None. No card game, no sphere break, no item collecting.

4. Ultimate weapons? They're in the game but you're not going to be searching for them or doing tasks to build/find/obtain them. They're basicallyupgrades to your current weapon.

5. What about the story? While I will not spoil anything about the story I can tell you that if you have played FFVII and FFX then you have already played thisgame.

6. Online mode? None. DLC will most likely be coming. It will not be a story addition.

7. Graphics? The best ever put into a game. It kills Uncharted 2 in terms of movement, animations, and look of each character and their clothes.

8. 360 or PS3? PS3 hands down. The 360 version is compressed to all hell and takes a large hit in the GFX and sound department. The PS3 is uncompressed andwill upconvert to 1080P.

9. Voice acting? Passable but no where near as good as FF XII.

10. Difficulty? The first 20-25 hours is a bunch of hand holding. You can basically press x and win because the paradigm shift system isn't unlocked to youuntil about 22 hours into the game. Once it's unlocked prepare to get dominated while you learn the system. The difficulty goes from hand holding to insanevery quickly.

**Moogles** None, but there is a graphic of one in the game somewhere.

The game is a good game. It's not amazing other than the graphics and presentation. Don't get me wrong, it is still visually striking and worth a runthrough but it does not live up to its predecessors. The problem people are going to have is that not many non RPG players have the time/will to sit through agame for 20 hours until you actually get to do something within the gameplay mechanic. Not to mention there are no choices, the game is a totally linearnarrative. Other than that the game plays like a Michael Bay flick. Square's original attitude was to take Advent Children the movie and keep up that kindof pace for a 50 hour game. While they accomplished that, and many boss fights, areas, and scenarios, are visually striking and engaging it seems like the coremechanic of fun, exploration, item collecting, mini-games, and downtime has been left out. It will be interesting to see how this game is reviewed in Americaas I believe the Famitsu review was just aboard the hype train when it scored 39/40. The thing I feel everyone will be asking themselves is "where'sthe content" because there's a disparity there. The studio worked on this for 6+ years and you can see where it went into (the Crystal tools engine)but in other aspects of the game you just feel a bit empty. Square will be whoring the Crytstal tools engine out for $$$ so I understand why the engine neededto be so solid. In XIII's case it's just sad that other aspects took a hit to achieve it.

Final opinion: 8.8/10

nice review on ffxiii im gonna get it "fo'sho" sad about no side quests...interested in what the dlc content will be then...

white knight chronicles and final fantasy will eat up most of my spring
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Speaking of XIII...

7. Graphics? The best ever put into a game. It kills Uncharted 2 in terms of movement, animations, and look of each character and their clothes.

Uncharted 2's character character movement animation blending is probably the best ive seen in gaming so i cant wait to see FFXIII's

Back
Top Bottom