PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

notorious-

rent those games atleast.......i never have trusted ign so i pay no mind to their reviews

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

Any 1 play games on a plasma? better look? have any issues yet or do u just limit ur time on it 2 avoid screen burn?
I game 2-3 hours on mine all the time. And I watch a lot of football with the scoreboard on there. No burn ins. Just limit the content early in it's lifetime. I had the life meter from Batman on mine the first week I had the TV, but it went away within seconds of watching regular TV. You'll be ok.

EDIT, one thing I do recommend is turning down the contrast and brightness for the first month or two of it's lifetime. It will minimize IR that you may get. I'm not going to lie, you might see image retention early but don't fret it. It's reversible. Another setting I would enable is the pixel orbiter. What set do you have? If it's a Panasonic, set it instead of Auto to Force and every minute. You won't notice it, but it will constantly move the pixels to ease any retention you may encounter.
i play on a plasma too...same amout of time as the above statement no problems...my tv contrast goes down when a image is on for longer than 5 minutes (ie like doing a madden draft)
Yeah Plasma TV's have come a long way from when they first came out 5 or 7 years ago. Plasmas made by Pansonic & Samsung have technologythat prevent burn in, aren't as bad when it comes to power consumption like the 1st generation plasma TV's. Also most people don't know that youget deeper black levels with plasma's compared to LCD TV's but it's all a matter of personal taste of whether you like deeper black levels for whenwatching movies or if you like brighter TV's with more pop, which if you do like the brighter TV's then your better off with a LCD TV.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Joe Mauer!
4253580595_dd8bfd58a2.jpg

MLB > NHL.
wink.gif

Man this is a nice cover.
pimp.gif

I can't wait to play this game.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

notorious-

rent those games atleast.......i never have trusted ign so i pay no mind to their reviews

IGN reviews are easily the worst of any major gaming site, IMO.

i have a feeling heavy rain will get pushed back because i think sony want to focus more on god of war 3s release and make sure that game is perfect.

heavy rain looks amazing but it just doesnt seem that they have created alot of buzz for it

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i have a feeling heavy rain will get pushed back because i think sony want to focus more on god of war 3s release and make sure that game is perfect.

heavy rain looks amazing but it just doesnt seem that they have created alot of buzz for it

theres no need to create buzz for it, those most likely to be interested already know about it, i see a release similar to demon's souls, i never saw asingle commercial for that game

They aren't the same genre either... so I can't see it being a big issue.

I, for one, have enjoyed walking into an EB Games and having to make a choice... 2 years of months between games was a little rough.

Darksiders gets boring fast, and its not hard at all

Im playing it on Normal, which was a mistake cause honestly u can beat it on hard on ur first walk through

Darksiders is a mix of Zelda (with little puzzle to solve) and GOW with the hack and slash game play

Just my to cents

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Darksiders gets boring fast, and its not hard at all

Im playing it on Normal, which was a mistake cause honestly u can beat it on hard on ur first walk through

Darksiders is a mix of Zelda (with little puzzle to solve) and GOW with the hack and slash game play

Just my to cents

I must not be as good... I'm finding normal challenging.

Not crazy, but I have died around 10 times in 6 hours of gameplay.

im playin it on apocalyptic n im up to the jailer......how i kill him? his minions are pissin me off

Via gamertell.com

Sony Home Update: Gone Fishing!
FishingonHome_thumb.jpg

"This week there's a new personal space that is so calm and tranquil, I actually fell asleep to the peaceful sounds of chirping birds and the rushing waterfall beneath my new virtual home. The views are breath-taking and the fishing mini-game can even take your mind off of the snow and harsh winds blowing outside your real home. The Waterfall Terrace is available at the Real Estate Store at the Mall for $4.99. The furniture bundle is also available at either the Real Estate store or Furniture 1 store."

It also includes a list of new downloadable items.

Via Twitter.com

English Final Fantasy XIII playable soon
ff13-ffxiii.jpg

Today twitter seems to be useful again because SquareEnixSonia (Square Enix PR division) revealed that some people will be able to play FFXIII soon, probably on the 13th.

This is her tweet:

Official tomorrow but heads up! Bay Area folks will get a chance to play #FFXIII That is if you can find us! #FinalFantasyXIII @playFFXIII

Earlier she posted this tweet:

Guess who I started following today? @PlayFFXIII If you're in the SF/Bay Area you might want to do the same #FFXIII #FinalFantasyXIII

Tomorrow we will probably get more information.

Via ces.cnet.com

CES: Hands-on with PS3 in 3D
w2_610x457.jpg

After spending 20 minutes playing Wipeout in 3D at Sony's CES 2010 booth, I'm officially a believer in gaming in the third dimension. It was only after I was made aware of the fine print did I become grounded in reality. But before we get into the gory details about what you'll need to get this working, let's discuss how it played.

Sony had a few games playable in 3D including Super Stardust HD, Avatar, and Wipeout. The experience playing Wipeout in 3D is truly immersive, with layered graphics giving you a surreal sensation of being in the cockpit of a futuristic racing ship. The HUD (heads-up-display) felt almost touchable, and its subtle shake was very realistic.

If you've played Wipeout, you're aware of the game's high-speed action and weaponry. In two dimensions it's probably enough to give you a headache, but zipping around in 3D was surprisingly quite tolerable. The depth of the buildings and environments around the racetrack were all eye-popping and whole effect almost makes your ship appear to be floating in the space in front of your face.

The Sony rep who we chatted with explained that a to-be-dated firmware update will allow for PS3 gaming in 3D but could not disclose which content would be available at launch. We were also told that the update would allow for full 1080p 3D gaming, but that information seems to conflict with what some fellow CNET editors were told regarding HDMI versions and bandwidth issues. Regardless, the resulting experience will be more than sufficient for any gamer and it seems the PS3's Blu-ray player may turn out to be the only such device that is upgradeable to 3D.

There is a catch, however. The Sony rep explained that PS3 owners would need to purchase a Sony LH or HX series 3D-capable TV to get everything working correctly. We really have a hard time believing that, and even own our TV editor David Katzmaier thinks that PS3 in 3D should work with any 3D HDTV announced at CES. That said, the previously mentioned Sony TVs will come with two sets of active shutter glasses. Of course other glasses that use the same technology should work just as well.

We're ready to welcome 3D gaming with open arms, however it's apparent that it's going to be quite the expensive arrangement.

Viahttp://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eurogamer.cz%2Farticles%2Fodkryti-need-for-speed-out-of-the-law&sl=cs&tl=en

Need for Speed: Out of the Law Revealed

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

A new need for speed back in the streets + cops + made by Criterion = I might be interested in a NFS for the first time in a WHILE.

That exact same M3 is in my neighborhood, down to the exact vinyls. Sickness.

Via gtplanet.com

Car Selection Footage of GT5 CES Demo

My Take: Mother of god, the car selection screen looks sexy as %%%+
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

am i the only person who cant install the mag demo w/o it taking like a day and a half?

everything else i dl and install takes a matter of minutes

Originally Posted by Physicx

am i the only person who cant install the mag demo w/o it taking like a day and a half?

everything else i dl and install takes a matter of minutes

that thing took me like an hour

Back
Top Bottom