PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

where would be the best place to preorder GOWIII? i want Pandoras Box how much is it?
Amazon would be the best place to pre order and get the ultimate edition. They sell it for $89 bucks which is $10 bucks cheaper than gamestop,game crazy, or bestbuy. Also with amazon there is no tax, and if you want you can do free shipping or overnight shipping is $3.99 .

http://kotaku.com/5447977...-as-smooth-as-ps3-ffxiii

roll.gif

Side by side there is a difference. PS3 has much better colors, definition, and a slight edge on framerate. However, the HUGE difference is in the audio andcutscenes. They are compressed to all hell on the 360.

Via connectedconsoles.com

How much of the PS3's power does GT5 use?
gt5_01.jpg

Polyphony DIgital President Kazunori Yamauchi has revealed that Gran Turismo 5 takes up 80% of the PlayStation 3's processing power.

Yamauchi spoke in an interview with VentureBeat saying "It is about the same for the PS 3, about 80 percent of the processing power. The PS 3 hardware has a very high peak performance. The better you manipulate it, the better it performs."

He also revealed that nothing has yet been decided for Gran Turismo 6. Remember, many developers are already working on sequels, even before the game is released.

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

[h2]I Am Alive delayed due to "re-engineering", says Ubisoft[/h2]
January 14th, 2010 @ 12:15
By Johnny Cullen

iamalivea.jpg

Ubisoft said in a conference call last night that I Am Alive now super-delayed for total redux.

The game got pushed back again yesterday, and now rests in the company's FY2011 line-up.

Ubisoft president Yves Guilemot also confirmed the Splinter Cell Conviction engine is being used for the mysterious title.

"We have been totally re-engineering the product, so it is still on the way," he said.

"It will use the Splinter Cell engine. We think it can become a very good quality product."

The game was revealed at E3 2008.

It was apparently Jade Raymond's next project after the original Assassin's Creed, but that turned out to be bollocks.

Its development was pulled from Darkworks to the company's Shanghai studio, as reported in March last year.

Earlier this morning, however, Ubisoft France confirmed that the game was still in pre-production alongside Beyond Good and Evil 2.
i'm glad they're takin their time on this one. judging from the trailer this game could be pretty epic. oh yeah. beyond good and evil2
pimp.gif

Ah yessssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the older NT'ers on here who remember the good old days of football games on the NES and SNES before the very 1st Madden game hit the Sega Gensis andwould dominate every console it would touch.

Tecmo Bowl Remake Hitting PSN, XBLA?

TecmoBowlRemake.jpg

We already know that the classic arcade title NBA JAM is being reinvented by EA and it also appears that the oh-so-freakin-awesome home console title Tecmo Bowl will be making a comeback as well…Actually, it'll be making a "Throwback" to be specific…
Joystiq has sacked the details on a PSN and XBLA remake of the SNES version of Tecmo Super Bowl. Being fed tidbits of knowledge from "trusted source" that prefers to remain on the sidelines, the report states that the remake (originally thought to be based on the NES version), titled Tecmo Bowl Throwback, will feature HD graphics and an updated soundtrack to accompany its original roster, stats, and team customization options. Oh, and you can apparently play it "old-school" too without all the fancy HD stuff…

Anyway, this story is still developing, so we'll keep you posted on any official news as it breaks.

Link:

http://www.gametrailers.c...bowl-remake-hitting/1747

The funny thing is that there are seriously some NT members on here who weren't even born when the 1st Tecmo Bowl game came out for the NES back in 1987
roll.gif

If this does hit the PSN store I will be getting this on day 1 .

[h2]Sony Japan intros PS3 DVR, digital tuner[/h2]
sony_torne_09384_screen.jpg

Sony's recent PlayStation 3 marketing campaign has revolved around the slogan, "It only does everything." Starting in March, "everything" will include being a TiVo-style digital video recorder--in Japan, anyway.

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan today introduced Torne, an external digital terrestrial tuner for the PS3. Set to launch in March, Torne will sell for ¥9,980 ($110) and allow users to watch and record TV broadcasts.

It will also allow users to schedule recordings, and it can record those programs in the background even if the system is doing something else, like playing a DVD or a PS3 game. (However, background recording is not possible while players are using older PS3s to play PlayStation 2 games.) Other features include support for closed captioning, multiple languages, and program guide navigation with a standard PS3 controller or Sony's official Blu-ray remote.

The Torne's usefulness extends to the PSP as well. Once programs have been recorded, they can then be transferred to a PSP for watching on the go.

Recording TV shows can eat up hard drive space in a hurry, so Sony is coordinating the Torne's launch with the Japanese debut of a new 250GB model of the PS3. The PS3 Digital Terrestrial Broadcasting Recorder Pack will include the system and Torne for ¥42,800 ($471). The 250GB PS3 will also be released in Japan February 18 without Torne as a limited edition bundle with a ¥34,980 ($385) price point.

A different limited edition 250GB PS3 was released in Japan last month, with a white-and-pink casing design to commemorate the launch of Square Enix's Final Fantasy XIII. That ¥41,600 ($458) bundle included the game, which sold 1 million copies in 24 hours on its own.

Torne is not Sony's first attempt to merge gaming and DVR functions. Gamers in Europe and Australia already have access to PS3-enabled DVR thanks to Sony's Play TV service.

The electronics giant has been working at integrating the two technologies for years. In 2003, Sony unveiled the PSX, a combination PS2 and DVR that could also burn recorded programs onto discs. One knock against the system was its consumer-unfriendly price point. The PSX came in configurations with 160GB or 250GB hard drives and sold for ¥79,800 ($878) and ¥99,800 ($1,098), respectively. Although the PSX had been scheduled for launch internationally, the lukewarm Japanese reception to the system led those plans to be shelved.

Link:

http://www.gamespot.com/n...=latestheadlines;title;1

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by i3allistic

just wondering if there gonna a Collector Edition of Final Fantasy XIII for the USA?

No.
HS23, i read on kotaku that the 360 version of FFXIII runs just as smooth as the PS3 version. whats your take on it homey?

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by i3allistic

just wondering if there gonna a Collector Edition of Final Fantasy XIII for the USA?

No.
HS23, i read on kotaku that the 360 version of FFXIII runs just as smooth as the PS3 version. whats your take on it homey?
Last post of the last page.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Anyone know about or try this:

I'm going to do this myself when I replay God Of War I on a harder difficulty level.

Also a easy way to get this silver trophy:

2.jpg
Seeing Red

i tried that glitch countless times and no dice. but what did work for me is playing it through again on easy and i ended up gettin the trophy

is bayonetta worth getting? commercial looks pretty crazy.

duno if i want to spend $60 when GOW3 is right around the corner.

Originally Posted by brandonroy3

If you're gonna spend $60 on any game before GOWIII, it should be Bayonetta.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

is there any replay value and is the game very similar to devil may cry? if its a type of game where u beat it once and wont touch it again, illjust wait for it to drop when its $30.

is there any replay value and is the game very similar to devil may cry? if its a type of game where u beat it once and wont touch it again, ill just wait for it to drop when its $30.
As much replay value as GOW or any other platform game. It's faster with more weapons and combos, there's a lot of little side challengesand things to look for. I'm about a third of the way through it and I can already see I'm not gonna be able to buy most of the weapons or techniquesunless I play it again.

I only played the first 2 DMC games but I'd say it's very similar to that.

is there any replay value and is the game very similar to devil may cry? if its a type of game where u beat it once and wont touch it again, ill just wait for it to drop when its $30.
As much replay value as GOW or any other platform game. It's faster with more weapons and combos, there's a lot of little side challenges and things to look for. I'm about a third of the way through it and I can already see I'm not gonna be able to buy most of the weapons or techniques unless I play it again.

I only played the first 2 DMC games but I'd say it's very similar to that.
yes its worth every penny. this game is what DMC 2 should of been nonstop action , and so much playability its crazy

Back
Top Bottom