PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

So there are 4 different exclusive bonus playable skins, but what sucks is you can only download and use 1 skin per PSN account
mad.gif
eyes.gif

Amazon's: Apollo skin

ref=amb_link_85907011_1

Gamestop: Phantom Chaos Warrior skin

GOW3_Skins_bonusLG.jpg

Game Crazy: Dominus skins-see pic below on pic of euro version of ultimate edition. Couldn't find a solo pic anywhere online

Forgotten Warrrior skin: Haven't heard of any stores that will give a code for this skin if you pre order from that store, who knows maybe Bestbuy orTarget maybe? Might be just a Europe exclusive. Again -see pic below on pic of euro version of ultimate edition. Couldn't find a solo pic anywhere online.

If anything watch Sony pull some crap and make these available on PSN here on the US server and sell all these skins for $2 to $5 bucks each for whoever wantsthem or for the people who don't buy the ultimate edition.

I might just end up canceling my gamestop pre order since amazon is $10 bucks cheaper with no tax, and pay $3.99 for overnight shipping and keep my downloadable skin and demo card from gamestop. There probably is a away to get around installing and using more than 1 exclusive skin. I have more than 1 PSN accounton my PS3.

***Update***

Man the U.S. version of the Ultimate version we are getting screwed over compared to the Europe & UK Ultimate version which includes the God Of War HDtrilogy & all 4 download able skins, but the price is 129 euro which is about $240 dollars if anyone wanted to import that version.

Euro version of God Of War III ultimate edition:

GoW_Ultimateo.jpg

[h2]Tekken 6 getting online co-op next week[/h2]
January 13th, 2010 @ 09:13
By Patrick Garratt

tekken64.jpg

Namco will allow co-op campaign play in Tekken 6 next week, via a patch.

The fighter's Scenario Campaign will be playable by two people at of January 18.

Both the 360 and PS3 versions are to be updated.

There's also going to be a co-op leaderboard, apparently.
The dream. Well, it's a dream, certainly. Go mental.

[h2]Gran Turismo 5 delayed in Japan[/h2]
January 13th, 2010 @ 08:22
By Patrick Garratt

gt53.jpg

Sony's confirmed what appears to be a substantial delay for GT5 in Japan.

This is machine translated text from a Japanese press release:
Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEJ) (※ 1), the "PlayStation 3″ (PS3 [emoji]174[/emoji]) Onrainkaraifushimyureta only Version 5 Gran Turismo (GT5) on the production schedule due to the release date, announces our first Orimashi About Ta 2010 We've decided to postpone it for month.

本作

man march cant come soon enough......after i beat darksiders im goin back to my god of war collection

MLB THE SHOW 10 LEAGUE

I am part of a madden community where there are maybe 6-7 madden leagues running. One dude in the community is a big mlb the show fan and he will be startingour first baseball league..if any of you want in, let me know.

Our site is:

ps3maddenleagues.com

our madden leagues are top notch and already filled up. if your into madden then sign up on the waiting list

but if you want to join our mlb the show 10 league, sign up asap in the forums, such as PTML.

once again, we are a pretty big community and if you go to that link above you'll see our forums..we are going to be serious and dedicated to this league.We want it to be 32 teams and only 57 game season, but if 32 is too much, we will do 16 teams. either way, it will be fun. by the way, our madden leagues arefilled with all 32 teams being used up..our goal is to do a full baseball league without any inactives or dead weight!

[h1]Sony Delays Gran Turismo 5, New Release TBA[/h1]

[h2]Racing title no longer hitting this March in Japan.[/h2]

by Jim Reilly

January 12, 2010 - Citing "production-related matters" the much anticipated racing title from Polyphony Digital will no longer be shipping this coming March in Japan.

Reuters is reporting Sony has delayed the release of Gran Turismo 5 to an unspecified date, which the company plans to update in the future.

Sony had yet to announce release dates for North American and European territories, but this news certainly doesn't bode well for fans anticipating a March worldwide release.

IGN has contacted SCEA for additional comment and info. We'll keep you updated.

I may sound hypocritical saying this, as I play this game alot, but this is not a good thing for the gaming industry, IMO.

[h1]Modern Warfare 2 Joins The One Billion Club[/h1]

[h2]Activision is rolling in dough.[/h2]

by Jim Reilly

January 13, 2010 - According to internal Activision estimates, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has now surpassed over $1 billion in sales worldwide since its launch this past November, and continues to set new industry records along the way.

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has exceeded our expectations and shattered theatrical box office and video game records," said Robert Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. "There are only a handful of entertainment properties that have ever reached the $1 billion mark, which illustrates the power of the Call of Duty franchise and mass appeal of this game."

Modern Warfare 2 surpassed $500 million in sales during its first week alone, and saw over two million active players on Xbox LIVE at launch.

In November 2009, Modern Warfare 2 sold over six million units in the U.S., according to NPD data, selling more than double than any other title for the month. Industry analysts estimate Modern Warfare 2 sold an additional two million units in December. Official NPD numbers for last month are expected to be released tomorrow afternoon.

Some games don't need multiplayer. This is one of them.

Remember MGO?

indifferent.gif
to Ubisoft.

[h1]New Assassin's Creed Announced, Features Multiplayer[/h1]

[h2]New title to feature Ezio. Not an expansion for Assassin's Creed II.[/h2]

by Jim Reilly

January 13, 2010 - During Ubisoft's updated 2009 fiscal third quarter results this morning, it was revealed that a new episode of Assassin's Creed will be released in its fiscal 2011 year, which begins on April 2010, and will include an online multiplayer mode. Ubisoft also noted its new Ghost Recon and Driver titles will be out during the same time period.

"The 2010-11 fiscal year will see a greater number of franchise releases than fiscal year 2009-10, including Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction, a new game in the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon series, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, Driver, Raving Rabbids 4 and a new episode of Assassin's Creed, which will be the first in the series to have an online multiplayer mode," the statement reads.

The update did not provide additional details on this new Assassin's Creed episode, such as a release date or if this mode is part of the two expansion downloads Ubisoft plans to roll out in early 2010 for Assassin's Creed 2.

IGN has contacted Ubisoft for clarification and will update this story when we hear back.

Update: Ubisoft has clarified, saying this is a new title featuring Ezio, and is not an expansion for Assassin's Creed 2. The new online multiplayer mode will be for an entirely new Assassin's Creed product. The Assassin's Creed Episodes project will pick up where Assassin's Creed 2 left off.

[h2]Cut FFXIII content was enough for separate game, says Square Enix[/h2]
January 13th, 2010 @ 11:30
By Johnny Cullen

ffxiii61.jpg

Final Fantasy XIII art director Isamu Kamikokuryou has told an unnamed Japanese publication - we assume it's Famitsu - that there was so muchcontent cut from the project, the team could have made a separate game from it.

The interview, picked up by FF-Reunion and translated by Andriasang,reveals there were a couple of locations cut from FFXIII, such as a full area around Lightning's home town and a secret base of Snow's resistancegroup, which would have been based in a shop and a zoo in Nautiuls Park.

All of the locations were apparently running on PS3 hardware, too.

If there was a reason for the linearity complaints in the game as it is, this could be it.

FFXIII ships for PS3 and 360 on March 9 in the west. It released last month in Japan.
Expect some new stuff to drop today, kids. Just a heads-up.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Some games don't need multiplayer. This is one of them.

Remember MGO?

indifferent.gif
to Ubisoft.

[h1]New Assassin's Creed Announced, Features Multiplayer[/h1]

[h2]New title to feature Ezio. Not an expansion for Assassin's Creed II.[/h2]

by Jim Reilly

January 13, 2010 - During Ubisoft's updated 2009 fiscal third quarter results this morning, it was revealed that a new episode of Assassin's Creed will be released in its fiscal 2011 year, which begins on April 2010, and will include an online multiplayer mode. Ubisoft also noted its new Ghost Recon and Driver titles will be out during the same time period.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

new Ghost Recon modern warfare
pimp.gif

1x1transparent.gif

Type=count&ClientType=2&ASeg=&AMod=&AOpt=0&AdID=8259&FlightID=7196&TargetID=6641&EntityDefResetFlag=0&Segments=2747,3101,4602,4603,4608,4611,4678,4723,4840,4917,4920,5188,5194,5195,5718,5906,6102,6312,6382,7396,7752,8571,8587,9209,9598,10966,11754,12417,12418,12865,14845,15232,16251,18814,18989,19190,19308,19456,19630&Targets=6641,10619&Values=25,31,43,51,60,72,83,90,100,110,150,155,206,209,225,227,235,240,289,455,695,975,1188,1228,1481,1503,1572,1595,1609,1822,2686,2721,2923,3166,3167,3932,4056,4662,4799,6612,6744,6940,8053,8145,8211,8243,8248,8254,8257,8486,8977,8978,9113,55865,58049,58073,58218,58685,58966,58968,58969,59609,59895,60046,60660&RawValues=&random=batncar,bfuNjfbubAksf

[h1]Microsoft: Xbox 360 is "3D Capable"[/h1]

[h2]Sony may have stole the spotlight at CES, but Microsoft says it has 3D plans of its own.[/h2]

by Scott Lowe

January 13, 2010 - Although Sony was making headlines with their 3D gaming announcements at CES, Microsoft was quietly discussing plans of their own for the new technology. According to a G4TV interview with Director of Product Management for Xbox, Aaron Greenberg, the Xbox 360 is ready to join the 3D revolution…should gamers express enough interest in it.

"From the technical standpoint, we are fully 3D capable. We have 3D games running today," said Greenberg at CES last week. Despite the console's 3D readiness, however, Greenberg says that Microsoft won't be rushing to implement 3D technologies on a mainstream level anytime soon.

"As consumer interest for 3D grows, we'll grow with it," said Greenberg. "I think right now we're unsure what level of interest there is from consumers to really want a 3D experience in the living room. Many, many years from now when it becomes a reality, we absolutely can support it, we do support it today. If developers want to make more 3D games, they can."

It seems Microsoft are one of the few major-league manufacturers that haven't taken a sip of the 3D Kool-Aid. Do you think Microsoft has the right idea, or are they taking a risk by not taking a stronger stance with 3D?

I agree with M$.

Sony is in a position they almost HAVE to impliment it on PS3.
Cut FFXIII content was enough for separate game, says Square Enix

smh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

By Johnny Cullen

ffxiii61.jpg

Final Fantasy XIII art director Isamu Kamikokuryou has told an unnamed Japanese publication - we assume it's Famitsu - that there was so much content cut from the project, the team could have made a separate game from it.

The interview, picked up by FF-Reunion and translated by Andriasang, reveals there were a couple of locations cut from FFXIII, such as a full area around Lightning's home town and a secret base of Snow's resistance group, which would have been based in a shop and a zoo in Nautiuls Park.

If there was a reason for the linearity complaints in the game as it is, this could be it.

FFXIII ships for PS3 and 360 on March 9 in the west. It released last month in Japan.
Love it. So we get a subpar game just so Xbox can actually play it. @%%# Square in the %%#!!!

I'll always remember Microsoft for ... maybe not ruining my favorite franchise.... but preventing it from being would it could have been.

If the final product is as watered-down as its being made out to be, then this really has to make you wonder... It'd be an assumption to say it's worseoff without the extra content, but it really does sound like it...

hmm.

I'll still hold judgement until I've played through it.

ArsnalJ23 wrote:
If the final product is as watered-down as its being made out to be, then this really has to make you wonder... It'd be an assumption to say it's worse off without the extra content, but it really does sound like it...

hmm.

I'll still hold judgement until I've played through it.

Pretty much.

But still, you can't deny that its been almost unanimous opinion everywhere I have read that it is very much skin and bones compared to others in theseries.

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

By Johnny Cullen

ffxiii61.jpg

Final Fantasy XIII art director Isamu Kamikokuryou has told an unnamed Japanese publication - we assume it's Famitsu - that there was so much content cut from the project, the team could have made a separate game from it.

The interview, picked up by FF-Reunion and translated by Andriasang, reveals there were a couple of locations cut from FFXIII, such as a full area around Lightning's home town and a secret base of Snow's resistance group, which would have been based in a shop and a zoo in Nautiuls Park.

It's linear because it was designed that way. Sure there were more "areas" but honestly there wasn't more stuff to do. Thecutdown is because of the game being multiplatform. Remember this game uses a generation 1 blu-ray disc and is NOT dual layered.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

It's linear because it was designed that way. Sure there were more "areas" but honestly there wasn't more stuff to do. The cutdown is because of the game being multiplatform. Remember this game uses a generation 1 blu-ray disc and is NOT dual layered.
This is what I was getting at. If the game is "bad", and I use the term loosely again because I haven't played it, then I don'tknow if just extra environments would've changed anything. I'm just hoping that it's at least half decent eitherway.

just picked up the gow collection and aot 40 day,never played gow and you guys are scaring me with all this talk of how hard it is

Back
Top Bottom