PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

how in the %%%@ is call of duty going to "broaden the audience" even more than they did?

games will be trash full of bells and whistles with no substance
"

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by dano4o8

Is anyone enjoying FF XIII at the moment.. I played 3 hours so far and it has been the MOST boring experience ever..all i've been doing is walking around-cutscene-AutoBattles- and repeat...i actually fell asleep doing this multiple times...
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

EDIT* I think yuku %!#!+* up its own quote button... anyway for the guy asking about changing the way you can copy game saves and if it was done during a recent upgrade.

No certain games do it while others do not. For example, any Rock Band game saves are copy protected, thats the first one that comes to my mind.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

PO2345 wrote:
HovKid:

Tell us what you are having trouble with. I beat the game on Titan, so I can provide some tips!
Also, what is everyone's thoughts on Dante's Inferno? My friend let me borrow it, but with the bad review scores I don't think I want to waste time playing it.

PO
OK, I don't get it because I basically rocked the rest of the game and am just getting annihilated on this part.  I'm taking about God of War II.

I get past when Zeus is big, and then when he gets small.....its over.  I cannot get past the part when he gets small.  I even looked at that ign guide and it does nothing for me.

I even did the Chonos rage so no joke it got up to 200 hits and he still did not even move on to the next part of the fight.

I so need to get past this part.
Yo I remember I had the SAME issue

Check it, kill the big form then use rage of the titans on his first form. Then  he gets all pissed and will take the sword. Now in this form without the blade just keep using the earthquake attack and you should dominate that form. For the next phase you should now have enough energy to pop rage of the titans again. I think when i popped Rage I did massive damage but using L1+triangle but i forget... Once you do the next little cutscene that you should have enough magic orbs to pop earthquake again. You just have to keep deflecting his stupid lightening attacks back at him and you'll get a small bit of health/magic back.

But using the fully upgraded Atlas quake and Rage is how I got him down.

Bro, I have to give you props.  For 3 straight night I could not get past that part and you gave me the key that unlocked the whole thing.  Basically, the key to the whole Zeus fight was the minute he gets small, do Rage of the Titans and swing the sword like crazy until he takes it.  YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

I knew already about Atlas Quake.  That was the first thing I upgraded when I got going in the game and I think that is the reason I dominated that game.  Going Rage of the Titans te second he gets small and swinging until he takes the sword was the key.

End of God of War II was dope as hell.  I started God of War III last night right after.  Holy Jesus so far is all I can say.

Glad I could help! Good luck with the waterfall puzzle in GOW 3...
laugh.gif

to the guy with the ffXIII issue:

if it matters, as a person that beat the game and the missions...its not really worth it. you're better off playing ff IV-VII and IX IMO. ffXIII overall was ...something was missing from it, IMO. it wasn't like a "real" final fantasy whatever that means.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by dano4o8

Is anyone enjoying FF XIII at the moment.. I played 3 hours so far and it has been the MOST boring experience ever..all i've been doing is walking around-cutscene-AutoBattles- and repeat...i actually fell asleep doing this multiple times...
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Im loving the game.
i mean i started with the first tutorial, next thing i know i've already logged in 30 hours.
laugh.gif

and your headline is true on the PSN Process, FFXIII > My life
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Game is a time-sink for sure.

I will admit it is definitely not for everyone, though. Especially Notorious...
laugh.gif

Whatever. I freaking love the game.

I just wish people could make it through the storyline... the game is like two halfs... you don't finish the first half until you beat the end boss in the storyline.

So now that I finished God of War II, last night I immediately put in God of War III.

But I've been thinking about taking a little God of War break and playing something else.

Here are the games I have that I still have yet to play.....what do you guys think I should play next?  I'm not listing sports/racing games cause those you just play whenever...though I really do need to get into playing MLB The Show 2010 asap.

- MGS 4 (The reason I never played this is cause my PS2 broke right before MGS3 came out and I feel like I'll have no idea what's going on since i never played 3);
- Killzone 2
- COD: Modern Warfare 1
- Bayonetta
- Resident Evil 5
- Bioshock
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Grand Theft Auto 4
- Devil May Cry 3
- Assassin's Creed 2 (A friend hated it and lent it to me but I never played part 1 so no idea if it's worth it)

The other thing I really want to get into is Street Fighter IV.  I have the game but I can't do @@#@ with a PS3 controller and that game is insane from Street Fighter II.  I don't understand all that Ultra special and whatever else all those meters are.  It's just too much.  Do I need one of those fighting sticks to play? 

So now that I finished God of War II, last night I immediately put in God of War III.

But I've been thinking about taking a little God of War break and playing something else.

Here are the games I have that I still have yet to play.....what do you guys think I should play next?  I'm not listing sports/racing games cause those you just play whenever...though I really do need to get into playing MLB The Show 2010 asap.

- MGS 4 (The reason I never played this is cause my PS2 broke right before MGS3 came out and I feel like I'll have no idea what's going on since i never played 3);
- Killzone 2
- Bayonetta
- Resident Evil 5
- Bioshock
- Grand Theft Auto 4
- Devil May Cry 3
- Assassin's Creed 2 (A friend hated it and lent it to me but I never played part 1 so no idea if it's worth it)

The other thing I really want to get into is Street Fighter IV.  I have the game but I can't do @@#@ with a PS3 controller and that game is insane from Street Fighter II.  I don't understand all that Ultra special and whatever else all those meters are.  It's just too much.  Do I need one of those fighting sticks to play? 

Do you have the DMC special edition?

HOVkid I definitely recommend playing MLB The Show. The rented it a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it. I've sent it back and I'm going to pick up the game from Gamestop this evening. Definitely worth it.

- Killzone 2
- Bayonetta
- Resident Evil 5
- Bioshock
- Grand Theft Auto 4
- Devil May Cry 3

Out of that list, GTA IV. Not on that list, Uncharted 2. I think you'd have more fun playing Uncharted 2.

- Killzone 2
- Bayonetta
- Resident Evil 5
- Bioshock
- Grand Theft Auto 4
- Devil May Cry 3

Do you have the DMC special edition?

Whoops.  Devil May Cry 4....the one that came out when the PS3 first dropped.

Oh, and I aslo have Uncharted 1.  I won't buy 2 until I play part 1.

I think that might be the game I play next....hmmmm.

I so want to play MGS 4 though......I guess I have been hoping they come out with a MGS collection like they did with God of War so I can play part 3 and then play part 4.

Play Uncharted...I played 2 but I need to get around to 1....UC2 is my favorite game on PS3...besides MLB 10

are there any ps3 games that actually use custom soundtracks? I bought burnout paradise of the strength of that feature and it doesnt even work....Unless Im not seeing something. Help anyone?

PO2345 wrote:
HovKid:

Tell us what you are having trouble with. I beat the game on Titan, so I can provide some tips!
Also, what is everyone's thoughts on Dante's Inferno? My friend let me borrow it, but with the bad review scores I don't think I want to waste time playing it.

PO
OK, I don't get it because I basically rocked the rest of the game and am just getting annihilated on this part.  I'm taking about God of War II.

I get past when Zeus is big, and then when he gets small.....its over.  I cannot get past the part when he gets small.  I even looked at that ign guide and it does nothing for me.

I even did the Chonos rage so no joke it got up to 200 hits and he still did not even move on to the next part of the fight.

I so need to get past this part.
Yo I remember I had the SAME issue

Check it, kill the big form then use rage of the titans on his first form. Then  he gets all pissed and will take the sword. Now in this form without the blade just keep using the earthquake attack and you should dominate that form. For the next phase you should now have enough energy to pop rage of the titans again. I think when i popped Rage I did massive damage but using L1+triangle but i forget... Once you do the next little cutscene that you should have enough magic orbs to pop earthquake again. You just have to keep deflecting his stupid lightening attacks back at him and you'll get a small bit of health/magic back.

But using the fully upgraded Atlas quake and Rage is how I got him down.

Bro, I have to give you props.  For 3 straight night I could not get past that part and you gave me the key that unlocked the whole thing.  Basically, the key to the whole Zeus fight was the minute he gets small, do Rage of the Titans and swing the sword like crazy until he takes it.  YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

I knew already about Atlas Quake.  That was the first thing I upgraded when I got going in the game and I think that is the reason I dominated that game.  Going Rage of the Titans te second he gets small and swinging until he takes the sword was the key.

End of God of War II was dope as hell.  I started God of War III last night right after.  Holy Jesus so far is all I can say.

What difficulty level were you playing God Of War II on ?

God Of War III is pretty hard just on normal difficulty. I'm getting my *%@ kicked right now trying to beat the game on Titan difficulty setting.

Have fun with GOW III and the Zeus final fight is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by iHust1e

are there any ps3 games that actually use custom soundtracks? I bought burnout paradise of the strength of that feature and it doesnt even work....Unless Im not seeing something. Help anyone?

Burnout Paradise works, and it is amazing. You don't access your music from the XMB, you go into that pullup menu you can have while driving, and you go to the soundtrack menu, and instead of editing their playlist select custom, and from there you can choose your music.

EDIT: Props to J-DIDDS for helping me out with that.

Other titles that have it:
Skate 2 - awesome
Killzone 2 - awesome
Bad Company 2 - only in menu screens.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Burnout Paradise works, and it is amazing. You don't access your music from the XMB, you go into that pullup menu you can have while driving, and you go to the soundtrack menu, and instead of editing their playlist select custom, and from there you can choose your music.

Other titles that have it:
Skate 2 - awesome
Killzone 2 - awesome
Bad Company 2 - only in menu screens.

MLB The Show has had it since last year.

Whatever mp3's u have saved to your internal hard drive the game will see in the jute box player in the game. It's cool because while your doing stuff like batting practice before game your custom music will be playing on the stadiums music system
pimp.gif
Also I know last year you could also setup and associate a players walk up to the plate music with custom mp3's. 

Back
Top Bottom