PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Any Poker players on here ?

The PSN Game High Stakes On The Vegas Strip: Poker Edition is fun and cool to play online with video & audio with the playstation eye & headset or mic.

Anyone want to play we can get a NT table going online.

Hybrid, let's talk.
wink.gif

Still waiting for word on Friday though...

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

New unannounced third person shooter from Square-Enix will be on hand for E3, full list of games minus the one bombshell announcement from Namoura to come later this week.

Spoiler [+]
magic_kingdom.jpg

24715_3-hearts.png
Trevor+Ariza+holds+up+3+fingers.jpg
eek.gif
pimp.gif
YESS!!! thought id be in my late 20s before this came out
roll.gif
I knew you'd be in here G.
laugh.gif

Hybrid just made my day right there.
pimp.gif

500x_mvc3announcementart-1000-1000.jpg

It's been ten years since the characters of Marvel's comics and Capcom's video games faced off in a fighting title, so 2011's Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds can't come soon enough.

The title, which will likely feature more than 30 characters to choose from and feature 3-on-3 tag team fighting, hits the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 in spring 2011. There currently are no plans for an arcade, computer or Wii version of the title, Capcom tells Kotaku.

"I'm really excited to be here so that I can share this information with you today," Ryota Niitsuma, the game's producer, told a room of journalists gathered last week in Hawaii for the game's unveiling.

Like Capcom's popular Street Fighter IV, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will feature 3D characters fighting on a 2D plane, he said. The game won't, however, use the same sort of graphics found in Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV. Instead Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will run on an "advanced version" of MT Framework, the same engine that powers the graphics of Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5.

"Each version of MT Framework gets better than the previous version," Niitsuma said. "A lot of key staff are involved with this game and they wanted to use the engine they are more comfortable with."

Chris Baker, the manager of licensed games at Marvel Studios, said he was astounded to see the concept art for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and said that in action it's just as amazing, calling the title a "beautiful, beautiful game."

Baker pointed out that Wolverine's look in the game hearkens back to the classic look of the beloved character. Iron Man, on the other hand, fits his contemporary look and The Hulk has a new visual style.

The shaders used on each character, Capcom's Seth Killian said, are what really make all of the characters so visually distinct in motion. Even Capcom's Ryu, he pointed out, is brought out in a new way with the help of the shaders.

"You could see him sitting in a comic book frame," Killian said, "and maybe one day you will."

The game will also have an eclectic and robust mix of music, with at least 100 pieces including remixes of favorites from previous Marvel Vs. Capcom games as well as some new music.

"It's all about having a lot of content and things to go with this game," Niitsuma said. "We also want to make sure the music suits the type of game this is."

And the music needs to suit the characters as well, Baker added.

While news of a new version of Marvel Vs. Capcom was highly anticipated leading up to Capcom's annual event last week (Baker said it was one of the questions most often asked of him and the hardest secret he's had to keep since working at the comic company), the presentation was light on details about which characters would make the cut for the game.

The gameplay-free trailer shows that Wolverine, the Hulk, Iron Man, Street Fighter's Ryu, Darkstalker's Morrigan and Resident Evil's Chris Redfield will be in the game. It also hints at the appearance of Captain America, Super Skrull, Chun-Li, Deadpool, Felicia, Dante or Nero, Spencer or Wesker, Mephisto, Rad Spencer and Doctor Doom. The inclusion of Redfield in the game is indicative of the direction the game's developers are headed in terms of Capcom character selection, Killian said.

While the game could certainly support any number of characters, Niitsuma said that time constraints led the team to shoot for a bit more than 30 characters in the game.

While downloadable content for the game, most likely new characters, is certainly possible, no DLC plans have yet been locked in, said Capcom's Seth Killian.

"There are a couple of different directions they're thinking about," he said.

And unlike previous Marvel Vs. Capcom games, this latest iteration will have a strong storyline.

"It's important that game's have strong stories for Marvel," Baker said. "With fighting games it's not as essential as an action game or role playing game but we are very much insisting there be some cohesive kind of story for this game.

"We actually have a subtitle for the game that means something this time. In the coming months we will be giving you more information about it."

source:
http://kotaku.com/5518024...p-story?skyline=true&s=i

u8vp5.jpg

I'm a little thrown off by the artwork direction... but then again I felt the same way when I first saw SFIV and now I like it. I'm looking forward to seeing actual gameplay.

^oh yeah and the character models in the trailer apparently will look like that in game. more info:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084617p1.html

IGN Article is up.

From the article:

- Official title is Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
- Spring 2011 release date on PS3 and 360.
- Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk, Morrigan, Ryu, and newcomer Chris Redfield are confirmed. IGN suspects Chun-Li, Magneto, Doom, Deadpool and Captain America from the trailer logos.
- There are 30 characters in the game as of the current build, Capcom hopes to add many more.
- Entirely new game being built from ground up - uses Capcom's MT Framework tech from Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5
- Single-player story mode with endings for all characters
- Game is "all about fan service" with dialogue quips between appropriate characters
- Final boss character that Marvel says "fans will appreciate"
- No details on how the game will play, how many buttons, etc. But will include an online mode.
- Early version of the game will be shown at this year's E3 June 15-17 in LA.

OG 60GB>* because PS2/PSone games>*

So much heat
laugh.gif
. Just picked up Onimusha 1&2 and I'm gonna get Kingdom Hearts next cause I never beat the first one.

mvc 3 is gonna sell like crazy

finally playin god of war 3.......amazing game

just killed that giant scorpion

[h1]Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Scores Famitsu's Latest 40/40[/h1]
Japanese game magazine Famitsu has weighed in the latest Metal Gear Solid adventure, welcoming the new PlayStation Portable into the coveted ranks of game's bearing the publication's highest mark. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker has been rated 40/40.

The latest Metal Gear game from Hideo Kojima and crew is the first game of 2010 to bear the Japanese magazine's highest accolade, the first since Famitsu gave New Super Mario Bros. Wii the same score. Not surprising, considering that Famitsu liked Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots enough to grant it a 40 out of 40 and enjoyed Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence exactly one point less.

Famitsu may enjoy one aspect of Peace Walker more than any other. The magazine is one of the real world products appearing in the heavily-sponsored game alongside Doritos, Mountain Dew, Axe body spray and rival Japanese game mag Dengeki.

Kojima Productions' PSP game hits Japan next week and we'll see how the gaming public there warms to it not long after. North America and Europe will be enjoying the perfection of Peace Walker in June, so that we may judge it for ourselves.

from kotaku

It's official...I am never going to beat God of War II.  I should have never bought III.

I cannot for the life of me beat Zeus at the end of that game.  I almost broke another controller last night.

I finally beat Lucifer on Dante's Inferno last night. Took me two nights of cussing like a sailor at the TV, but I finally pulled it off. SMH....the entire game was relatively a breeze, and they made Lucifer OD difficult for no reason at all. Now on to MGS4....

Back
Top Bottom