PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

Originally Posted by Questions03

Where the hell do you keep disappearing off to, Mo?...

I'm about to graduate in about a month so school has had me swamped. I haven't had time to look at my own reflection in the mirror... and you know how much I love myself 
frown.gif

Nice to see you, Nathan Drake. Props for actually finishing school (I know u said in a month)
pimp.gif

Thanks 
pimp.gif

Now I just have to find a job.

And what was your name before this?

Uptempo Kid. Just felt that I needed a fresh start...
Ohhhhh okay. What's up bro? Yeah man, I've been grinding just trying to finish this up. I haven't played my PS3 in so long. I'm picking up FIFA World Cup sometime this week though. Probably not gonna be able to play it until sometime late next week though.
smh.gif

What the hell is Call of Duty: MMO? It's on that E3 sheet. What'd I miss? 

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

So dude with the PSN money hookup finally came through, and yes he is legit like other other NT'er have already confirmed on here.

The Punisher: No Mercy

I copped that Punisher too using the same deal. What's ur PSN name so I can add u. Mines the same as my NT name.

I also copped:

Mortal Kombat II
Metal Slug Anthology (PSP)
Crash Commando
Matt Hazard
After Burner Climax
Final Fight: Double Impact
Mega Man 10
Guilty Gear Judgment (PSP)
GTA: Chinatown Wars (PSP)
King of Fighters 99
Resident Evil 3
Bloody Roar
SSF4 Costume Pack
And some babe premium theme
Got like .82 left.
whoa whoa whoa...
PSN money hook up?? school me. 

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by Grimey

when you get that psn money from dude do you have to waste it right away? or does wait untilk you use then ban the account?
You have 24 to 48 hours to use up all the money on the account.

I manged to use it all up in about 20 minutes
laugh.gif

lol, damn. i'm gonna have to wait til them map parks drop for mw2 then

I don't know any more than you do, but my guess is that it'll have large numbers of players, ala MAG?

I immediately assumed MMORPG, but MMO just means massive multiplayer online, so large player counts in lobbies is all that could be.

Anyone else wanna shed some light on it?

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

I don't know any more than you do, but my guess is that it'll have large numbers of players, ala MAG?
I immediately assumed MMORPG, but MMO just means massive multiplayer online, so large player counts in lobbies is all that could be.
gametrailers forums have confirmed that both lists have to be fake. We will know on friday when the next Call of Duty game is revealed

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

[h1]Activision May Be Considering A Massively Multiplayer Call Of Duty[/h1]
cod_mmo.jpg
The head cheese at Activision, Bobby Kotick, recently made headlines for his assertion that, in order to compete properly with World of Warcraft, publishers may need to invest nearly a billion dollars in such a venture. Fortunately for Kotick and crew, they now have access to the big brains at Blizzard and Vivendi, a group of folks who know quite a bit about the MMO business. How then, can Activision exploit its biggest earners into even bigger financial monsters?

The Activision CEO says that during the first few months of integration planning with Vivendi, they asked themselves some serious questions about what they consider "the fastest growing markets in the world", including Asian markets and MMOs.

As an example, Kotick said to investors at the Morgan Stanley Technology Conference, "What would be the natural evolution of a property like Call of Duty into a massively-multiplayer environment and how do you monetize that?"

Kotick parlayed that into a thought on in-game advertising, in which he pointed to Starcraft as a model for short-session, ladder tournament play that can easily support ad spots. While a Call of Duty MMO may be a long way off, if it ever gets off the ground, it's starting to sound like Activision execs may be giving it serious thought and we'd expect it to be a big focus for the publisher's ad revenue model.

[h2]http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-3d-support-confirmed-by-sony/[/h2]
[h2]Gran Turismo 5 3D Support Confirmed by Sony[/h2]April 25th, 2010 by Jordan
taku-imasaki-3d-summit-2010.jpg
You can put any doubts you had about Gran Turismo 5’s 3D support to rest. Taku Imasaki, a U.S. based producer for the game, confirmed that it will feature this new technology.
This is the first time we’re implementing the 3D feature in Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo 5 will be available later this year, but it will have these 3D features.

He goes on to describe how 3D improves the experience, but also mentions that it was a “really tough job for a our programmers

[h1]First Look At Next Call of Duty Happens This Friday[/h1]
500x_call_of_duty_tbd.jpg
There's a brand new Call of Duty game coming this year. This Friday, you'll get your first peek at the follow-up to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, courtesy of GameTrailers TV.

While Activision may be embroiled in drama related to its most recent Call of Duty, that won't stop the company from churning out annual sequels to the ultra-popular first-person shooter. In 2010, Call of Duty: World at War developer Treyarch is on tap to deliver a new iteration, already penciled in to ship before the "holiday."

It represents the first Call of Duty game to be released under publisher Activision's new "strategic plans" for the franchise.

GameTrailers TV's promo promises a "global announcement" and "the first teaser trailer" for Call of Duty 7, so make sure you're up at 12:40 a.m. with your eyes glued to Spike TV to catch it.

from kotaku

^

Good video. Vanille's Belladonna wand works as well (Marlboro is the leveled up version).

Admantoise' are stupid hard to beat without death.... I don't even want to think about the Long Gui.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Remember that you can only hold 999,999 without spending it.

Honestly, grinding that much that early isn't really worth it. Maybe a couple hours, but you can easily beat the game with only an average party.

Soon after you beat the game you can go get the growth egg accessory (doubles CP earned every battle) and hit up Titans Trials. Taking a certain route, I get about 234,000 CP every 15 minutes.

can you five star the final boss with an average party, or should I do some grinding?

I didn't 5 Star the end boss... Ray (Battousai) did. I don't know what his party looked like, but I did very little leveling (2-3 hours total) I'd say if you have your three main characters all with their 3 main roles as far advanced as possible (level 4) I think you should do well.

Once you beat all the sidequests you get an accessory called the Gold Watch that allows the target time for each battle to lengthen, giving you a much easier time of five-starring battles. I'm wauiting to get that and go back to finish the boss. I also have a save that is set up right before the final boss (from my first play through) just in case the gold watch doesnt work as well as I think it will.

trust me the last boss is mad easy, well to me it is. most battles can be won with 5 stars depending on you team and style of play.

first time in gran pulse i only grinded for about 3 hrs. if ur gonna grind for 7 - 10 hrs on ur first play, i think its a waste and will result in the game being too easy. i remember grinding too much in ffxii and doing so many sidequests and when i finally beat the final boss, it wasnt even a challenge.

ffxiii is basically two parts... the main story and then the 2nd half is all about side missions and all the other goodies.

^ good point battousai.. I guess I'll stroll along then. Been very insecure about leaving Gran Pulse

anyone close to platinuming FFXIII? I saw my homeboy at 91%, I was like
eek.gif

tipplryan.jpg

Bungie and Activision Announce Exclusive, Worldwide Partnership

10-Year Alliance Expands Global Reach for Leading Game Developer Across Multiple Platforms

KIRKLAND, Wash. and SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 29, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- Bungie, the developer of blockbuster game franchises including Halo, Myth and Marathon, and Activision, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, the #1 online games publisher (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that they have entered into an exclusive 10-year partnership to bring Bungie's next big action game universe to market. Under the terms of the agreement, Activision will have exclusive, worldwide rights to publish and distribute all future Bungie games based on the new intellectual property on multiple platforms and devices. Bungie remains an independent company and will continue to own their intellectual property. Additional terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/activision/43669/

The groundbreaking alliance will provide Bungie its first such partnership since splitting off from Microsoft in 2007, significantly broadening its global reach by providing the resources and support to develop, distribute and release games worldwide on multiple platforms and devices.

Activision will broaden its portfolio with a new franchise from one of the industry's most creative, successful and proven studios, whose games have sold more than 25 million units worldwide. To date, Bungie's Halo games have generated approximately $1.5 billion in revenues, according to The NPD Group, Charttrack and GfK. Activision expects this agreement to be accretive to its operating margins as of the release of the first game.

"We chose to partner with Activision on our next IP because of their global reach, multi-platform experience and marketing expertise," said Harold Ryan, President of Bungie. "From working together over the past nine months on this agreement, it is clear that Activision supports our commitment to giving our fans the best possible gaming experiences."

"Bungie is one of the premier studios in our industry and we are extremely pleased to have the opportunity to work with their talented team over the next decade," stated Thomas Tippl, Chief Operating Officer of Activision Blizzard. "Bungie has developed some of the most compelling and successful games, multiplayer experiences and thriving fan communities, and this alliance underscores our long-standing commitment to foster the industry's best creative talent. Our unprecedented partnership with Bungie will enable us to broaden our pipeline of exciting new games as we continue to strengthen our industry position and pursue long-term growth opportunities."

Members of the media can visit Activision's Broadcast Media Center to download broadcast quality video, web-ready video and high-resolution images. Members of the media using Pathfire can take advantage of a Pathfire enabled video download. Sound bites from Thomas Tippl and Harold Ryan along with b-roll footage regarding today's announcement are available for download. Broadcast Media Center: http://www.usngondemand.com/index.php.

About Bungie

Bungie, now 180 employees strong, was founded in 1991 with two simple goals: develop games that combine brilliant technology, beautiful art, compelling stories and deep gameplay, and sell enough copies to achieve its real goal of total world domination. Over the past 10 years it has produced games such as the "Marathon Trilogy" and the first two "Myth" games, hailed as classics by critics and gamers around the world. Bungie's "Halo" franchise is an international award-winning action franchise that has grown into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 25 million units worldwide, spawning best-selling novels and award winning soundtracks. Players have logged nearly 2 billion hours of multiplayer action over Xbox LIVE, created millions of pieces of user created content, and established a ravenous fan community. More information on Bungie can be found at http://www.bungie.net.

SOURCE Activision

bungies probably had their eyes on that ps3 for a while

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

tipplryan.jpg

Bungie and Activision Announce Exclusive, Worldwide Partnership

10-Year Alliance Expands Global Reach for Leading Game Developer Across Multiple Platforms

KIRKLAND, Wash. and SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 29, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- Bungie, the developer of blockbuster game franchises including Halo, Myth and Marathon, and Activision, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, the #1 online games publisher (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that they have entered into an exclusive 10-year partnership to bring Bungie's next big action game universe to market. Under the terms of the agreement, Activision will have exclusive, worldwide rights to publish and distribute all future Bungie games based on the new intellectual property on multiple platforms and devices. Bungie remains an independent company and will continue to own their intellectual property. Additional terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/activision/43669/

The groundbreaking alliance will provide Bungie its first such partnership since splitting off from Microsoft in 2007, significantly broadening its global reach by providing the resources and support to develop, distribute and release games worldwide on multiple platforms and devices.

Activision will broaden its portfolio with a new franchise from one of the industry's most creative, successful and proven studios, whose games have sold more than 25 million units worldwide. To date, Bungie's Halo games have generated approximately $1.5 billion in revenues, according to The NPD Group, Charttrack and GfK. Activision expects this agreement to be accretive to its operating margins as of the release of the first game.

"We chose to partner with Activision on our next IP because of their global reach, multi-platform experience and marketing expertise," said Harold Ryan, President of Bungie. "From working together over the past nine months on this agreement, it is clear that Activision supports our commitment to giving our fans the best possible gaming experiences."

"Bungie is one of the premier studios in our industry and we are extremely pleased to have the opportunity to work with their talented team over the next decade," stated Thomas Tippl, Chief Operating Officer of Activision Blizzard. "Bungie has developed some of the most compelling and successful games, multiplayer experiences and thriving fan communities, and this alliance underscores our long-standing commitment to foster the industry's best creative talent. Our unprecedented partnership with Bungie will enable us to broaden our pipeline of exciting new games as we continue to strengthen our industry position and pursue long-term growth opportunities."

Members of the media can visit Activision's Broadcast Media Center to download broadcast quality video, web-ready video and high-resolution images. Members of the media using Pathfire can take advantage of a Pathfire enabled video download. Sound bites from Thomas Tippl and Harold Ryan along with b-roll footage regarding today's announcement are available for download. Broadcast Media Center: http://www.usngondemand.com/index.php.

About Bungie

Bungie, now 180 employees strong, was founded in 1991 with two simple goals: develop games that combine brilliant technology, beautiful art, compelling stories and deep gameplay, and sell enough copies to achieve its real goal of total world domination. Over the past 10 years it has produced games such as the "Marathon Trilogy" and the first two "Myth" games, hailed as classics by critics and gamers around the world. Bungie's "Halo" franchise is an international award-winning action franchise that has grown into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 25 million units worldwide, spawning best-selling novels and award winning soundtracks. Players have logged nearly 2 billion hours of multiplayer action over Xbox LIVE, created millions of pieces of user created content, and established a ravenous fan community. More information on Bungie can be found at http://www.bungie.net.

SOURCE Activision

bungies probably had their eyes on that ps3 control over there own IP for a while

Fixed.
Bungie wanted more control over there own projects. Not just HALO. Multiplatform was just a plus.

Just beat Ballad of Gay Tony. I really enjoyed it even though it was a little short. Working on the Lost and the damned now.

COD DLC worth getting?

Originally Posted by derrty6232

I need that twisted metal.

right?

17 call of duty games but i can't get twisted metal or maybe a new SSX or nba street game? so sick of these +#!+*%% FPS games

^^^ that's because Twisted Metal is wack.

There are a lot of FPS games out these days, but that's because that's what people are buying most. When they're no longer profitable, they'll stop producing them and try something else. Can't blame them for cashing in.  

Back
Top Bottom