PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

tipplryan.jpg

Bungie and Activision Announce Exclusive, Worldwide Partnership

10-Year Alliance Expands Global Reach for Leading Game Developer Across Multiple Platforms

KIRKLAND, Wash. and SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 29, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- Bungie, the developer of blockbuster game franchises including Halo, Myth and Marathon, and Activision, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, the #1 online games publisher (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that they have entered into an exclusive 10-year partnership to bring Bungie's next big action game universe to market. Under the terms of the agreement, Activision will have exclusive, worldwide rights to publish and distribute all future Bungie games based on the new intellectual property on multiple platforms and devices. Bungie remains an independent company and will continue to own their intellectual property. Additional terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/activision/43669/

The groundbreaking alliance will provide Bungie its first such partnership since splitting off from Microsoft in 2007, significantly broadening its global reach by providing the resources and support to develop, distribute and release games worldwide on multiple platforms and devices.

Activision will broaden its portfolio with a new franchise from one of the industry's most creative, successful and proven studios, whose games have sold more than 25 million units worldwide. To date, Bungie's Halo games have generated approximately $1.5 billion in revenues, according to The NPD Group, Charttrack and GfK. Activision expects this agreement to be accretive to its operating margins as of the release of the first game.

"We chose to partner with Activision on our next IP because of their global reach, multi-platform experience and marketing expertise," said Harold Ryan, President of Bungie. "From working together over the past nine months on this agreement, it is clear that Activision supports our commitment to giving our fans the best possible gaming experiences."

"Bungie is one of the premier studios in our industry and we are extremely pleased to have the opportunity to work with their talented team over the next decade," stated Thomas Tippl, Chief Operating Officer of Activision Blizzard. "Bungie has developed some of the most compelling and successful games, multiplayer experiences and thriving fan communities, and this alliance underscores our long-standing commitment to foster the industry's best creative talent. Our unprecedented partnership with Bungie will enable us to broaden our pipeline of exciting new games as we continue to strengthen our industry position and pursue long-term growth opportunities."

Members of the media can visit Activision's Broadcast Media Center to download broadcast quality video, web-ready video and high-resolution images. Members of the media using Pathfire can take advantage of a Pathfire enabled video download. Sound bites from Thomas Tippl and Harold Ryan along with b-roll footage regarding today's announcement are available for download. Broadcast Media Center: http://www.usngondemand.com/index.php.

About Bungie

Bungie, now 180 employees strong, was founded in 1991 with two simple goals: develop games that combine brilliant technology, beautiful art, compelling stories and deep gameplay, and sell enough copies to achieve its real goal of total world domination. Over the past 10 years it has produced games such as the "Marathon Trilogy" and the first two "Myth" games, hailed as classics by critics and gamers around the world. Bungie's "Halo" franchise is an international award-winning action franchise that has grown into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 25 million units worldwide, spawning best-selling novels and award winning soundtracks. Players have logged nearly 2 billion hours of multiplayer action over Xbox LIVE, created millions of pieces of user created content, and established a ravenous fan community. More information on Bungie can be found at http://www.bungie.net.

SOURCE Activision

bungies probably had their eyes on that ps3 for a while

Fixed.
Bungie wanted more control over there own projects. Not just HALO. Multiplatform was just a plus.

yeah, thats what that 2007 announcement was for buddy

I always wanted Calypso to give a happy ending for once in Twisted Metal but it never happened~~~ Outlaw> *

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

Originally Posted by Mister916

Anyone planning on picking up Red Dead Redemption?

Definitely 
pimp.gif
Cool, I ain't trying to ride alone (pause)
You're Kliq. You never ride alone. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Boost and Chris... are y'all still picking this up? I'm trying to have a posse. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

^^^ that's because Twisted Metal is wack.

don't take a crap on my childhood
alien.gif

I loved 1 and 2, but I never played later ones.  Cars and explosives, what can go wrong in multiplayer?
pimp.gif

copped ssfiv, bluray on avatar and armageddon.

visuals on avatar is amazing. story was good but nothing original.

got on ssfiv and im a lil rusty... i need a fight stick. damn i miss the arcades!!

Originally Posted by parada45

Just beat Ballad of Gay Tony. I really enjoyed it even though it was a little short. Working on the Lost and the damned now.

COD DLC worth getting?

Yeah I downloaded and started playing Gay Tony last night. Spent about 4 hours playing it like someone said on here before this is what GTA IV should have been in the first place. One thing though is the graphics for Gay Tony is pretty
sick.gif
seriously at times in the game it looks like PS2 graphics and I think the God Of War Collection looks better than Gay Tony. But I'm not surprised since the episodes are a port from XBOX 360.

y0, quick question...

How easy is it to stream movies to/from an external hard drive? I have a 500gb that I use to backup my PS3 info & have about 23gb left on my 60gig...So If I were to buy a few movies on PS store, could I save them to the external hdd and watch it streaming without taking space on PS3? Or do I have to re-install back onto PS3 everytime I wanna watch a flick? Thanks for any input
smile.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by Battousai701

got on ssfiv and im a lil rusty... i need a fight stick. damn i miss the arcades!!

are the improvements worth 40 dollars ?
ehhh it depends

if ur looking to save money... NO. i got ffxiii and mw2 to keep me busy and im sure most gamers got other games as well.

if u got extra cash and want to play with the new characters and a real die hard fighting fan and dont have the regular sfiv... YES

this should have been a $20 DLC in my opinion

Originally Posted by d5

For MLB the Show is there a way I can download the most current roster?

Yeah, log on to Sportsconnect and look for the option "save live roster" (might not be that exact phrase).

Yup imo, new characters are fun to learn and online lobbies, finally.
We needa set up a NT team battle though

I preordered Red Dead Redemption myself.

BTW for those of you who are still in Chapter 13 of FF13 and want a really good place to farm gil. After you get access to the portals to Edenhall and Gran Pulse. Take the one to Edenhall. Have the Collector Catalog and Connoisseur Catalog equipped. And farm the guys until you get to the Juggernaut. Then turn around and warp back to the dungeon and then back to Edenhall. I cna clear the area in 10 minutes. I was averaging 300k+ gil an hour. The perfumes sell for 12.5k and you get 3-6 per run plus other goodies that sell for a decent price. One trip also gets you 25k+ CP.

So 150k CP per hour and 300k gil is the rough average.

ehhh it depends

if ur looking to save money... NO. i got ffxiii and mw2 to keep me busy and im sure most gamers got other games as well.

if u got extra cash and want to play with the new characters and a real die hard fighting fan and dont have the regular sfiv... YES

this should have been a $20 DLC in my opinion

please explain....

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

^^^ biggie....ur avy conflicts mightily w/ ur sig......

one or the other bro
KG is my favorite player.  I can't have a favorite player who plays for a team I don't like?  I mean last I checked it wasn't my choice that he ended up getting traded to the Celtics right?

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

tipplryan.jpg

Bungie and Activision Announce Exclusive, Worldwide Partnership

10-Year Alliance Expands Global Reach for Leading Game Developer Across Multiple Platforms

KIRKLAND, Wash. and SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 29, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- Bungie, the developer of blockbuster game franchises including Halo, Myth and Marathon, and Activision, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, the #1 online games publisher (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that they have entered into an exclusive 10-year partnership to bring Bungie's next big action game universe to market. Under the terms of the agreement, Activision will have exclusive, worldwide rights to publish and distribute all future Bungie games based on the new intellectual property on multiple platforms and devices.

bungies probably had their eyes on that ps3 for a while

Fixed.
Bungie wanted more control over there own projects. Not just HALO. Multiplatform was just a plus.

yeah, thats what that 2007 announcement was for buddy

Again you prove my point. "Buddy". Thing is, since I never liked Halo - what has Bungie actually done outside the franchise that is "mind blowing?"

Exactly.

Ur right u had no say in him going to the greatest ball squad of all time in THE state where ballin was invented....

but you do have a choice w/ what pic you post. Throw up a Minny-era pic cuz u dont deserve that legendary Celtic green

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

Ur right u had no say in him going to the greatest ball squad of all time in THE state where ballin was invented....

but you do have a choice w/ what pic you post. Throw up a Minny-era pic cuz u dont deserve that legendary Celtic green
Lol, got nothing better to comment about?  Go back in your hole troll.

Back
Top Bottom