PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

yup
smile.gif
REALLY? So you must have maxed everyone's roles then as well? I am like 5 missions away from completing, but have yet to get a single Trap or Dark Matter.... not to mention over half the second level weapons.

DM and Traps only come from Adamantoise/tortoise/Gui/Long Guis correct? How did you beat them? Death spamming? I have tried a few methods other than spamming but usually get mowed down. Thinking about using the summons to try and beat them that way... just wasting that much TP without guarantee of a Trap is annoying.

Anyway, nice work.
pimp.gif
WARNING: Wall of Text
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
No lie, i've probably spent about 10-12 hours farming Adamantoise/tortoise, and i only got 7 traps so far. on the bright side, i got so many platinum ingots from them that it helped me buy everything i needed to get all my tier 2 weapons. thats actually how i got my first dark matter.
laugh.gif

what really helped me get all those items was the fact that i gave all the members of my active party a maxed connoisseur catalog , except for fang, i gave her four.
laugh.gif

it helps raise the drop rate of the traps to about 3~5%, which is still terrible but its better than 1%.
sick.gif

aside from buying dark matters, the only other way to get them is by fighting the Shaolong Gui (the small one), but be warned, he is immune to death and has 10 million health, so good luck with the little guy.
laugh.gif

Traps you can only get from the adult Oretoises. the Long Gui has a higher drop rate than the rest for traps and ingots, but i only ever fought him once. 16 million health, 700 stagger point with 100 chain resistance, and immune to death, never again
smh.gif
. took too much of my damn time to beat him.
laugh.gif

and yes, I am a death spammer. even though i maxed everyone out, this is still the quickest way for me to beat them. i usually have them down within the first 5 minutes this way, with my fastest time being 6 seconds. i rarely summon anymore against them. as long as you have a medic doing their job, vanille can just keep casting away, provided that you have the sprint shoes on her so she can cast faster and the belladonna wand to improve her debuffing skills(maxing it out to the nirvana is ideal). when you do use a summon though, both of their feet are instantly staggered, and they fall to the ground, all you need to do then is go into geshtalt mode and send your summon away. after that i recommend switching to SAB/SAB/SYN so you can buff your characters and debuff/spam him. this has always worked for me. ive also beaten them without death, but it takes too long for my liking.
laugh.gif

if you find yourself low on TP, just go kill random enemies and build it up.

I recommend having everyones health over 15k if you want to take on the regular oretoises without too much trouble. you also HAVE to have the Growth Egg if you want to make the Oretoise farming worth it CP wise. you got to be maxed out if you want to survive against the long gui though.

and finally, thank you.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i just found this out too. hope it helps
Code:
If you find yourself not needing your third Genji Glove (you         get 3 from the missions, and your healer will likely never         need the uncapped damage), you can upgrade it completely         (just under 12k exp) and dismantle it for a Trapezhodron!         ~ Thanks to Wavion for the tip!

damn!!

didnt u just get to chapter 11 gran pulse?
laugh.gif

Oh Im not done devils...u gotta kill me 2 stop me and even then Im still not done..,,,evry wite man is not wite think about that mister tap man

Originally Posted by Battousai701

REALLY? So you must have maxed everyone's roles then as well? I am like 5 missions away from completing, but have yet to get a single Trap or Dark Matter.... not to mention over half the second level weapons.

DM and Traps only come from Adamantoise/tortoise/Gui/Long Guis correct? How did you beat them? Death spamming? I have tried a few methods other than spamming but usually get mowed down. Thinking about using the summons to try and beat them that way... just wasting that much TP without guarantee of a Trap is annoying.

Anyway, nice work.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
No lie, i've probably spent about 10-12 hours farming Adamantoise/tortoise, and i only got 7 traps so far. on the bright side, i got so many platinum ingots from them that it helped me buy everything i needed to get all my tier 2 weapons. thats actually how i got my first dark matter.
laugh.gif

what really helped me get all those items was the fact that i gave all the members of my active party a maxed connoisseur catalog , except for fang, i gave her four.
laugh.gif

it helps raise the drop rate of the traps to about 3~5%, which is still terrible but its better than 1%.
sick.gif

aside from buying dark matters, the only other way to get them is by fighting the Shaolong Gui (the small one), but be warned, he is immune to death and has 10 million health, so good luck with the little guy.
laugh.gif

Traps you can only get from the adult Oretoises. the Long Gui has a higher drop rate than the rest for traps and ingots, but i only ever fought him once. 16 million health, 700 stagger point with 100 chain resistance, and immune to death, never again
smh.gif
laugh.gif

and yes, I am a death spammer. even though i maxed everyone out, this is still the quickest way for me to beat them. i usually have them down within the first 5 minutes this way, with my fastest time being 6 seconds. i rarely summon anymore against them. as long as you have a medic doing their job, vanille can just keep casting away, provided that you have the sprint shoes on her so she can cast faster and the belladonna wand to improve her debuffing skills(maxing it out to the nirvana is ideal). when you do use a summon though, both of their feet are instantly staggered, and they fall to the ground, all you need to do then is go into geshtalt mode and send your summon away. after that i recommend switching to SAB/SAB/SYN so you can buff your characters and debuff/spam him. this has always worked for me. ive also beaten them without death, but it takes too long for my liking.
laugh.gif

I recommend having everyones health over 15k if you want to take on the regular oretoises without too much trouble. you also HAVE to have the Growth Egg if you want to make the Oretoise farming worth it CP wise. you got to be maxed out if you want to survive against the long gui though.

and finally, thank you.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Code:
If you find yourself not needing your third Genji Glove (you         get 3 from the missions, and your healer will likely never         need the uncapped damage), you can upgrade it completely         (just under 12k exp) and dismantle it for a Trapezhodron!         ~ Thanks to Wavion for the tip!
damn!!

laugh.gif

last week i did. im all done with the game now though, story wise at least.
laugh.gif

its amazing what you can do when your modem breaks and you have no internet at home.
laugh.gif

Anyway, nice work.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

and finally, thank you.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Code:
damn!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

its amazing what you can do when your modem breaks and you have no internet at home.
laugh.gif

This. I spent Christmas holidays at my parents home with no internet. Platinum'd Assassins Creed 2 in the first week
laugh.gif

I knew of the Genji Glove Trap. I may just get the third one and go through the whole process of leveling up and dismantling final weapons to get Traps rather than fight through Torts.  

Anyway, nice work.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

and finally, thank you.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Code:
damn!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This. I spent Christmas holidays at my parents home with no internet. Platinum'd Assassins Creed 2 in the first week
laugh.gif

I knew of the Genji Glove Trap. I may just get the third one and go through the whole process of leveling up and dismantling final weapons to get Traps rather than fight through Torts.  
ive been considering this method too. i might just go through with it seeing as im getting tired of farming those things. but the ingots man...thats a lot of gil...
laugh.gif

Anyone have any idea if any new DJ Hero content is coming, like a second or even just some DLC?

^
Will the Undisputed demo officially release next week?  I don't want to sign up for that website.

Originally Posted by PO2345

Spartansstandtall.com is 75% updated!
eek.gif

PO
which means it will most likely be completed by e3 in time for the press conferences
It will most likely be a psp/ next gen psp game

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

is marvel ultimate alliance 2 worth coppin?
got holes thats a rental, i beat it in 6 hours on a snowy day 

thanks for the heads up.....imma pick it up anyway, my boy wants 20 for it

What did he say to get banned?
laugh.gif

Anyone wanna run some Bad Company 2 tonight? I've gotta study for midterms, so I'm in alllll night.

Via Joystiq.com

Fallout: New Vegas ups the ante with customizable weapons, hardcore mode and more
fallout.new.vegas.043010-580px.jpg

Where Fallout 3 is involved, the idea of "more of the same" is never a bad thing, especially when we're still playing the game a year and a half after its 2008 debut. Fortunately, Fallout: New Vegas, due this fall, is more than more of the same. Here's how.

Picking up three years after the events that played out in Fallout 3's Capital Wasteland, this full sequel casts players a courier left for dead in Nevada's Mojave Wasteland. As such, players will have the option to select their character's age during the initial creation (or, in this case, re-creation) process, in addition to choosing their starting S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats. While they might not be a vault dweller, the game finds a way of outfitting them with the familiar Pip-Boy 3000 wearable computer.

The plot unfolds across a variety of high desert locales, from the New Vegas strip to the Hoover Dam and settlements beyond. The Mojave Wasteland is filled with things that want to kill you -- new and returning alike -- so you'll luckily have a refined combat system and expanded arsenal at your disposal. The V.A.T.S. targeting system from Fallout 3 returns more or less unaltered, save for new special move commands that should make melee fighting fans happy.

Back
Top Bottom