PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Biggie62 wrote:

So I've actually gotten back to FF13 to actually try to finish the last boss. And damn, Orphan is a mofo to beat. Hardest FF boss that I've faced from the 7-12 series (of course I'm not counting FF11).

Orphan was SUPER easy.... what are you having problems with?

I don't know I'm going to try him again later on today with Lightning as my party leader.  Maybe I just need to buff myself up a bit and actually debuff him more.

But it was the way he stopped allowing my guys to use all their abilities/actions.  I couldn't heal fast enough after his merciless attack.

well at least you are that far... I'm stuck on the last boss of Ch 11. That doom counter just gets me at the end. Any tips?

Anybody get the Kmart deal? I'm gonna go up there in 20 mins and get FFXIII.

Haven't looked at reviews or anything so how would yall rate it?

Just beat FF13. Going to work on getting the platinum maybe. Game was okay. Ending was kind of, I dunno, not as fulfilling as other FF endings were.

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

Biggie62 wrote:

So I've actually gotten back to FF13 to actually try to finish the last boss. And damn, Orphan is a mofo to beat. Hardest FF boss that I've faced from the 7-12 series (of course I'm not counting FF11).

I don't know I'm going to try him again later on today with Lightning as my party leader.  Maybe I just need to buff myself up a bit and actually debuff him more.

But it was the way he stopped allowing my guys to use all their abilities/actions.  I couldn't heal fast enough after his merciless attack.

well at least you are that far... I'm stuck on the last boss of Ch 11. That doom counter just gets me at the end. Any tips?

I did that the first week I got the game.  I sort of put it down for 2 months after.
laugh.gif

But if I'm not wrong, best thing to do is stagger and then use Lightning's All for One ability and then do commando commando medic during the rest of the stagger.  I think I got 0 stars when I did it but I beat him.  You will face that boss again in the future fyi. 

Originally Posted by Apollo Greed

What's really good with a new TimeSplitters though? I've been patiently waiting...

Free Radical got bought by Crytek and I think production stalled.

Playstation Store update courtesy of PS blog
Hi Everyone – It’s time for the weekly PlayStation Store Update.

This week Spring Fever celebrates War titles! 50% off Warhawk (PS3) and SOCOM US Navy SEALs Confrontation (PS3) both $14.99 each, regular price $29.99. Also find SOCOM US Navy SEALs Confrontation Cold Front DLC on sale for 7.49, regular price $14.99. Offers good through Monday, 5/10/10.
[h3]Updates [/h3]
Prince of Persia: Epilogue DLC Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Revelations Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords Sale (now $7.49, original price $14.99)

[h3]Downloadable Games [/h3]
Lead and Gold: Gangs Of The Wild West ($14.99)
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West is a 3rd person shooter delivering an intense team based multiplayer experience. Relive the violent era of the Wild West as it ought to be with adrenaline fueled action and fast paced gunfights. Fight gritty battles in beautifully rendered classic western settings. Test your mettle in genre specific game modes and levels tailor-made for satisfying team play.
ESRB Rated M
File size: 732 MB
[h3]Game Demos (free) [/h3]
UFC Undisputed 2010 Demo
So you want to be a fighter? This is how! Choose from one of 4 selectable fighters and challenge the best in exhibition mode or an 4 man tournament. UFC Undisputed 2010 features the most authentic MMA action while boasting the best fighters in the world. After one round with all the new features and key improvements, you’ll embody the essence and spirit of a real fighter. Are you ready to be one?
ESRB Rated T
File size: 970 MB
[h3]Add-on Game Content [/h3]
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package ($14.99)
The best-selling PlayStation 3 system game of all-time just got bigger, with more epic multiplayer content! The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package delivers 5 additional action-packed multiplayer maps, including brand-new battlegrounds and legendary fan-favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. French version also available.
File size: 318 MB

Record Of Agarest War: Add-On Dungeon 3: Generation 3 Magma Val (free)
An add-on dungeon for generation 3. It’s time to reunite with old friends at [Magna Val]!
File size: 2.33 MB

Record Of Agarest War: Add-On Dungeon 4: Generation 4 Tresor Island (free)
An add-on dungeon for generation 4. Embark on an exciting journey to the mysterious [Tresor Island]!

Record Of Agarest War: Item Pack 3: Recovery Kit + (free)
An advanced recovery kit. It contains [Recovery Grass], which recovers more HP than [Grass]; [Charm Herb], which removes certain effects; [Stone of Life], which revives characters to 50% of their maximum HP; and [Resurrect], which removes the inability to fight.

Record Of Agarest War: Item Pack 4: Combination Pack (free)
A package with [Moonlight Flower] and [Tree Spirit Soul], two items useful for alchemy. We also threw in a [Lucky Charm] for, you know, luck. Don’t worry–if it doesn’t work out the first time, this package contains two of each item!

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit http:///www.RockBand.com">http://www.RockBand.com');" href="http://www.rockband.com/">www.RockBand.com.
  • “Different People

Someone recommend me a good bluetooth headset. Everyone is telling me to go pick up the official PS3 headset, but they are sold out everywhere I go. What headsets are yall using? Is the official PS3 headset really that good?

Originally Posted by piczon1983

Someone recommend me a good bluetooth headset. Everyone is telling me to go pick up the official PS3 headset, but they are sold out everywhere I go. What headsets are yall using? Is the official PS3 headset really that good?

Im using the offical PS3 headset i got it with socom. I will say that its the best one out there. It has a mute button, docking station that lets you charge the headset while using it. The battery life isnt bad at all either. Sound quality is way better than anything else i used before.

Originally Posted by RealityCheck22

Originally Posted by piczon1983

Im using the offical PS3 headset i got it with socom. I will say that its the best one out there. It has a mute button, docking station that lets you charge the headset while using it. The battery life isnt bad at all either. Sound quality is way better than anything else i used before.

idk i'd go with a turtlebeach  its only 20 bucks more

It'll use Merciless as its first attack always, so use a party of Lightning, Hope, and Fang. Have Lightning and Hope medic, while Fang is a sentinel. Then swicth to a paradigm with Hope as a synergist and Fang as a Sabatuer (lightning can either be a commando here or a medic if you are worried about low health). After buffing, stagger and attack like normal. Once the stagger is about 15 seconds from being complete, switch to the SEN/MED/MED paradigm. After healing from Merciless again, go on the offensive right away without buffs. Use RAV/RAV/RAV if you can, or RAV/RAV/COM. Once staggered, then switch to buffing and healing. Orphan can't attack when staggered on this "side" (light or dark, I can't remember... I just know its every second time you stagger it.)

Once you get it's health down to 25%, Merciless attack comes with no warning, so be ready to jump to med/med/sen at any moment and keep your characters above 50% health. If you need, use the Renew technique.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Just got back from K-Mart and FF XIII for $30 was only on the 360.
ohwell.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

wait... so the ps3 version is still going for retail? i thought it was advertised for both. maybe try printing out the ad for $30 from the internet.

It'll use Merciless as its first attack always, so use a party of Lightning, Hope, and Fang. Have Lightning and Hope medic, while Fang is a sentinel. Then swicth to a paradigm with Hope as a synergist and Fang as a Sabatuer (lightning can either be a commando here or a medic if you are worried about low health). After buffing, stagger and attack like normal. Once the stagger is about 15 seconds from being complete, switch to the SEN/MED/MED paradigm. After healing from Merciless again, go on the offensive right away without buffs. Use RAV/RAV/RAV if you can, or RAV/RAV/COM. Once staggered, then switch to buffing and healing. Orphan can't attack when staggered on this "side" (light or dark, I can't remember... I just know its every second time you stagger it.)

Once you get it's health down to 25%, Merciless attack comes with no warning, so be ready to jump to med/med/sen at any moment and keep your characters above 50% health. If you need, use the Renew technique.
Thx a lot, yea I defeated him yesterday afternoon using pretty much the same technique you use.  I'm farming now to get the rest of my main crystal tress filled at least while farming for gold in Edenhall.  I'm also pretty close to buying my first Trapezhedron.  Like 400k away. 

But add to the strat.  The "Army of One" ability is a MUST, so her being the leader is something I'd suggest that as well for the people who are close to Orphan and any other boss for that matter.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Is there anyway to listen to music through my PS3 while I'm playing a game?
Unlike the XBox, where it is a system feature that allows you to listen to custom soundtracks in game, with the PS3 it has to be a feature the game's programmers put in. Only a few games allow it at this point, which is a shame.

Killzone 2, Skate 2, Burnout: Paradise, PixelJunk Monsters are all games I have that let you play custom soundtracks.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Just got back from K-Mart and FF XIII for $30 was only on the 360.
ohwell.gif

Really? It's $29.99 on the site..Same w/Bayonetta..You might be able to print it out like someone said & get it pricematched @ Best Buy or somethin'..

from Joystiq
[h2]Red Dead Redemption getting free co-op DLC this June[/h2]
by Andrew Yoon { May 5th 2010 at 8:36AM }

Post-release downloadable content is a certainty for nearly every major game this generation. However, it's not often you see DLC as significant as this being promised for free. Rockstar Games has announced a new expansion pack, coming this June to Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, for the yet-to-be-released Red Dead Redemption.

The "Outlaws to the End" Co-Op Mission Pack will feature six multiplayer missions and be compatible with 2-4 players. The free download will also add Trophies and Achievements for players to unlock. (For details on some of the missions, click past the break.)

In addition to the free co-op mode, Rockstar Games plans on offering two additional downloadable content updates "over the summer." It's unlikely that these offerings will be free, however, as the press release carefully notes "pricing" will be announced in the future.
  • "Walton's Gold"
    Walton's Gang have taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can – Walton's boys have rigged the place to blow!
  • "The River"
    Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town's massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.
  • "Ammunition"
    The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.

Dope..

Joystiq again..
[h2]Assassins Creed: Brotherhood officially confirmed by Ubisoft[/h2]
by Ben Gilbert { May 5th 2010 at 5:30PM }

[Kotaku]

Kotaku
has been sent an image of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's placeholder box art from GameStop. Ubisoft confirmed the image as legit, officially revealing the next title in the Assassin's Creed series starring Ezio Auditore de Firenze, and in turn confirming the veracity of a handful of details contained on the back of the temporary box art. The blurb reads, "Live and breathe as Ezio, now a legendary master assassin, in his struggle against the Templar order. Lead your own brotherhood of Assassins and strike at the heart of the enemy: Rome. And for the first time, take part in an innovative multiplayer layer allowing you to embody an assassin of your choosing and define their killing style."

As you've likely guessed by now, this is the spinoff that Ubisoft revealed to be in production a few months back -- the same spinoff spotted in a domain name registration just two weeks ago (which lends more credibility to the possibility that the next Driver game will be based in San Francisco, we suppose). The tiny screenshots seen on the back of the placeholder art additionally boast "A never-before-seen online multiplayer experience" and the ability to "Lead your own brotherhood of assassins, as Ezio, and conquer Rome." As you can see on the right side, a pre-order sticker advertises the pre-order bonus of an "exclusive multiplayer character." Kotaku thinks it could be Altair, but we're gonna be rebels and hope for Renaissance-era Sam Fisher. That's synergy, baby!

from IGN.com

[h1]
Electronic Arts Dates Medal of Honor
[/h1][h2]
Modern day reboot coming this fall.
[/h2]
by Jim Reilly

LATEST IMAGES

View all 5 images
LATEST VIDEO
View all 2 videos

May 5, 2010 - Medal of Honor fans eagerly awaiting to play the fresh reboot of the series won't have to hold out too much longer. Electronic Arts announced the game will ship on October 12 in North America and October 15 in Europe for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

"Medal of Honor is an authentic look into today's war. Inspired by real people and real events, the game puts players in the boots of today's warrior -- from the infantry ground pounder to the Tier 1 Operator," said Greg Goodrich, Executive Producer of Medal of Honor. "We are proud of this piece because it offers a glimpse into the game we're creating, while also showing the mindset of these warriors."

For the first time in the series, Medal of Honor shifts to a modern day backdrop in Afghanistan, leaving behind its traditional World War II setting. The game is also rated M, another first in the series.

The single-player campaign is being developed by EALA, Electronic Arts' internal Los Angeles-based studio. Swedish developer DICE, best known for its work on Battlefield and the Battlefield: Bad Company series, is handling the multiplayer portions.

Dice knows MP so this might actually be dope..

Back
Top Bottom