PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

Anyone getting Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands? I'm thinking about pre-ordering it from Bestbuy.~
I'll be buying it. I really enjoy the platforming.

is Final Fantasy THE RPG for PS3? Or is there a better one?
Ehhhh.... I would say yes.... but not by as much as it should have been. Eternal Sonata is solid, I hear Star Ocean is also decent. No real triple A title yet, though.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

any reviews on red dead redemption yet?
GameInformer gave it a 9.75
real good.....what flaws have the reviewers said about it
Edit: I kinda skimmed through the article and didn't see any big complaints. Game Informer's review

GamesTM gave it a 9/10. They stated that movement and gun fights are more difficult compared to GTA 4 and the world may be big but it's a bit empty. I'll post the scans if you want to read the whole review, It seems like the writer left a lot out though.

Game Informer likes the multiplayer and GamesTM leaning towards the other way. But they both rave about the surroundings.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Hybrid, what's up wit this EA @!%$$@$+, is this something that's gonna affect the whole industry, or is this something EA is doing cause they are thirsty. If you don't answer this we know what studio you work for

cmon_son.jpg

On a side note I just ordered the RDR pre-order with the $20 credit. You also get a credit for 5 bucks worth of Amazon MP3's.

I copped for PS3... Now on almost every cross platform (except FF13) I've copped on 360. I'm going with my gut and getting this for PS3 rather than 360. Usually
I wait for comparisons or from industry friends to let me know which one to buy. Personally, I know no one from Rockstar so your guess is as good as mine.

::crosses fingers::

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by debs 168

so they really chose threads of fate over:

parasite eve
brave fencer musashi
xenogears
ffVI
chrono trigger

????
I agree... however CT and FFVI were not originally on PSOne.

Musashi or Xenogears would have been insta-copped.

still have my black label copy of Xenogears (great game)

Sony needs to release parasite eve and Rival schools
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Rented Skate 3 today.

A lot of fun so far, was ranked 500th in board sales worldwide before I went to see my girlfriend. About to get back up in the ranks after this post.
laugh.gif

Custom soundtrack still lags gameplay while you use it, but I at least haven't gotten tired of the EA Trax to really need my own music.

Port Carverton is incredibly skateable, much more so than previous games. Hall of Meat challenges are a lot of fun and I'm thru them all now.

Having a blast playing it so far, Might have this thing Platinumed before I have to take it back.
Played it for a while last night, its alright (skate>>> skate 2 &3)

Did you find any online matches? i tried for like 5 mins to get into a online domination match with no luck

Rented Skate 3 today.

A lot of fun so far, was ranked 500th in board sales worldwide before I went to see my girlfriend. About to get back up in the ranks after this post.
laugh.gif

Custom soundtrack still lags gameplay while you use it, but I at least haven't gotten tired of the EA Trax to really need my own music.

Port Carverton is incredibly skateable, much more so than previous games. Hall of Meat challenges are a lot of fun and I'm thru them all now.

Having a blast playing it so far, Might have this thing Platinumed before I have to take it back.

Should I rent or buy??

could anyone help me, i have the PSP (not sure which model, came with SM UMD) but the switch to connect the PSP through wifi is broken.. it slides back n forth, doesnt lock in place.. can that be fixed?

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

could anyone help me, i have the PSP (not sure which model, came with SM UMD) but the switch to connect the PSP through wifi is broken.. it slides back n forth, doesnt lock in place.. can that be fixed?
Look at the last 4 digits on the barcode on the bottom of your psp. Like this one, it reads 2001 so that means its the 2000 model.
DSC00751.jpg

I wouldn't recommend it but you could just lightly disassemble the PSP and see what the problem is internally.

Originally Posted by jrp44

Rented Skate 3 today.

laugh.gif

Should I rent or buy??
I'm not going to buy it. At least not for retail. Give it a rent and see if it's worth a cop is my best recommendation.

EDIT:

Made up some NT and /\/TKL logos real quick for use in Skate 3.

Download em!

http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?contentType=GRAPHIC&personaId=176747539&platform=ps3http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?contentType=GRAPHIC&personaId=176747539&platform=ps3

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

Look at the last 4 digits on the barcode on the bottom of your psp. Like this one, it reads 2001 so that means its the 2000 model.
DSC00751.jpg

I wouldn't recommend it but you could just lightly disassemble the PSP and see what the problem is internally.
I have a PSP-1001 and my right trigger isn't stuck physically but the system acts like it is. My local video game store charges $40 to replace the shoulder buttons. Is this a good deal or is it cheaper to open it up and check it out myself?

Rented Skate 3 today.

laugh.gif

Should I rent or buy??

I might rent it.  I this game to be incredibly challenging as I can only seem to do the same couple tricks over and over.

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

I have a PSP-1001 and my right trigger isn't stuck physically but the system acts like it is. My local video game store charges $40 to replace the shoulder buttons. Is this a good deal or is it cheaper to open it up and check it out myself?
That I'm sure you can yourself. This vid might help

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Rented Skate 3 today.

laugh.gif

Should I rent or buy??

I might rent it.  I this game to be incredibly challenging as I can only seem to do the same couple tricks over and over.

Is this your first Skate? Do you know how to skateboard in real life?

If this is your first and you've never ridden a skateboard then I can understand this game being ridiculously hard. The learning curve for getting used to the controls is what makes this game so preferred by skateboard purists. The curve might discourage new users from getting into the series, but once you're used to the controls, you realize they all make sense and are very intuitive.

Knowing how to do skateboard tricks in real life also help understand the flick-it motions of the Rstick.

JRP44's played Skate before, so he won't have a problem with the controls. My concern with buying the game before you try it is that you may find that there aren't enough new things to warrant the 75 bucks.

Yeah, they are charging $75 for this in Canada... SMGDH

Rented Skate 3 today.

laugh.gif

Should I rent or buy??

Is this your first Skate? Do you know how to skateboard in real life?

If this is your first and you've never ridden a skateboard then I can understand this game being ridiculously hard. The learning curve for getting used to the controls is what makes this game so preferred by skateboard purists. The curve might discourage new users from getting into the series, but once you're used to the controls, you realize they all make sense and are very intuitive.

Knowing how to do skateboard tricks in real life also help understand the flick-it motions of the Rstick.

JRP44's played Skate before, so he won't have a problem with the controls. My concern with buying the game before you try it is that you may find that there aren't enough new things to warrant the 75 bucks.

Yeah, they are charging $75 for this in Canada... SMGDH

I don't know how to skate but this is not my first Skate.  I played the first one, bought the second one but traded in later.  Its not only the flips tricks its also when you're on a halfpipe or in a pool, I can't air.  This game was infuriating.

I don't know how to skate but this is not my first Skate.  I played the first one, bought the second one but traded in later.  Its not only the flips tricks its also when you're on a halfpipe or in a pool, I can't air.  This game was infuriating.

I'll give you that. I stay away from ******'s. Any challenge involving a bowl and I'm useless. Have you tried the challenge up on the Observatory, where you have to air over the Pluto extension to 'Kill It'? Forget about it... This new R2 - L2 pumping system they have has me totally confused. In Skate 2 I would just push up on the Stick and that would pump. I can't tell yet if it still does this...

Has anyone ever bought used games from gamestop.com? I want to take advantage of that promo deal, but I'm hesitant due to the fact that they may just send me a disc without a box or manual.

Originally Posted by KleanKicks

Has anyone ever bought used games from gamestop.com? I want to take advantage of that promo deal, but I'm hesitant due to the fact that they may just send me a disc without a box or manual.
New gaurantee says used games comes come w/OG box & manual..

from IGN
[h1]Bad Company 2 Gets Multiplayer Co-op Mode[/h1][h2]New 'Onslaught Mode' allows up to four players to work together.[/h2][h2]May 12, 2010[/h2]

by Jim Reilly

A new downloadable mode will soon be available for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that introduces cooperative gameplay to consoles.

Onslaught Mode allows four players to team up across four objective-based multiplayer maps – Valparaiso, Atacama Desert, Isla Inocentes, and Nelson Bay. The maps have been "redesigned" with new lighting, time of day, added vehicles and other effects, according to Electronic Arts.

"We're thrilled to bring something new and fresh to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 while still keeping Battlefield's signature gameplay intact," says Patrick Bach, Senior Producer at DICE. "We want to consistently support the over 4 million fans playing the game with new ways to get into multiplayer and also challenge the elite players with new experiences to improve their performance online.

"Effective squad play is the key to success in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer and this new mode will provide players with a dedicated environment to test their team skills and rank against the competition."

No price or release date was given. EA says the new mode is "coming soon" to PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. Stay tuned for our impressions at a later date.

Really? Do you have a link for that, because under the games it still says they may not come with either. Just want to be absolutely sure.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Yo did anybody cop Red Dead Redemption from buy.com?

Is that site pretty legit?
I ordered a memory stick from there but it was from a third party seller. It looks like Amazon to me.

Originally Posted by KleanKicks

Really? Do you have a link for that, because under the games it still says they may not come with either. Just want to be absolutely sure.
Just checked the site looks like they changed it -__-..Gamestop for you...I was just checking games a couple days ago too.

Back
Top Bottom