PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

That LBP2 trailer looks too dope!..They're really pushing the level of freedom/creativity w/this one. LBP had some of the sickest user-created content..

more LBP2 info from ps3.nowgamer.com
[h1]LBP2 To Support Mouse And Keyboard[/h1]
Tom Hopkins 14:00, Monday 10 May 2010

11256_160_152.jpg

Media Molecule's Mark Healey has confirmed that the powerful creation tools in LittleBigPlanet 2 can be controlled via a mouse and keyboard

Explaining why MM use the good old PS3 controller to create levels rather than a PC development suite, Creative Director  Healey told NowGamer: "The funny thing is that the PC tools we were using were quite crap, to be honest, a pain in the @+**, and it got to the point where the pop-it in Create mode was actually much better."

"Obviously, we’ve really embraced that now, and from scratch [on LBP2] we’ve only been using that to create stuff," added the Media Molecule man. "Which is the obvious thing to do really because it forces us to make the improvements that mean you can do things better and faster, so it’s real-time playtesting of it, if you like. But something we’ve also added is keyboard and mouse support for the PS3, so you can draw things and navigate Pop-it with a mouse and stuff."

“We've also added keyboard and mouse supportâ€

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Ahh i'm hearing that it is a fake now. phew
LoL was just on there for news & didn't see any reviews..I'm like
nerd.gif
huh. RDR got 9/10 from a UK magazine already..

from IGN
[h1]
EA Sports Locks Out Multiplayer Modes On Used Sales
[/h1][h2]
EA tackles used game sales with new one-time only code.
[/h2]
by Jim Reilly

LATEST IMAGES

May 10, 2010 - EA Sports is going after the used game market.

Starting with the release of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the publisher will introduce a new Online Pass, a one-time registration code included with each brand new copy of the game. The code allows players to access "online services, features and bonus content."

Those who purchase the game used can buy an Online Pass for $10 or sign up for a free 7-day trial. The pass will be implemented for NCAA Football 11, NHL 11. Madden NFL 11, NBA 11, FIFA 11, and EA Sports MMA as well. The pass offers different features for each title, however, players will not have access to basic multiplayer features if purchased used.

"You will be unable to play multiplayer online game modes or use your downloaded content in online game modes," EA says. Online leagues, dynasty and franchise modes are also only available with the Online Pass. The break down for each title can be seen on the publisher's official website.

"This is an important inflection point in our business because it allows us to accelerate our commitment to enhance premium online services to the entire robust EA SPORTS online community," said Peter Moore, President of EA SPORTS.

Despite being the leader in used game sales, retailer GameStop, which acknowledged it plans to focus on digital content in the future, supports Electronic Arts' new direction.

"GameStop is excited to partner with such a forward-thinking publisher as Electronic Arts," said Dan DeMatteo, Chief Executive Officer of GameStop Corp. "This relationship allows us to capitalize on our investments to market and sell downloadable content online, as well as through our network of stores worldwide."

eyes.gif

Never played Threads of Fate....might pick it up down the road.

Passing on Skate 3... demo was dope, but its Skate 2 with a fresh coat of paint.

EA trying to out-duel Activision for the title of Biggest Industry Douche-Bag
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Passing on Skate 3... demo was dope, but its Skate 2 with a fresh coat of paint.

I was just thinking about this.

I'm only gonna buy Skate 3 OR Red Dead Redemption, not both.

I'ma rent them and see which one I like better.

If Port Carverton is really fun, I'll get Skate, if not, RDR.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]
Red Dead Redemption: The Hero
[/h1][h2]
Bringing law and order back to the Wild West isn't for the faint of heart.
[/h2]
by Greg Miller

May 10, 2010 - After six hours of Red Dead Redemption, I don't see how anyone could play this game as an outlaw. The title toys with your emotions – anger, love, sympathy, guilt – and casts you into a world that's crying out for a hero. There were plenty of situations I encountered where a bullet to the head would've made my mission easier, but these weren't just faceless folks in a videogame world – I needed to help them. I can pinpoint the moment when the depravity of the henchmen I was up against made me sick to my stomach and I knew that being good was the only way for me to play this game.

A number of campsites were found raided, complete parties wiped out by a gang of bandits. The sheriff of Armadillo and I were on the trail of these bastards and came to a farm that was far too quiet. We made our way to a barricaded barn, busted in, and found death. In the center of the room, a naked man was hanging by a noose. He was the patriarch of the house, and he was dead. Below him were the beaten and tortured bodies of his family. From the shadows, the murdered man's daughter emerged and told us that the rest of her family was being held captive in the main house.

Avenge the dead.
The entire barn episode angered me in a way few games have. I was completely enveloped in the experience and furious at the monster who would do such horrendous things. I made my way to the house and relished every headshot I pulled off as I killed these men room by room. I saved a few women that I found bound in bedrooms, but their faces were beaten, swollen and bruised. One of them would only tell me that the captors had done "unspeakable things" to them. When I got back outside the house, I found another group of abused women, but rather than the traditional "Thanks, hero!" most games give you, these ladies wailed and blamed the sheriff and I for letting this happen to the family.

It was this event that cemented the fact that I could never play this game as a bad guy. The main character of Red Dead Redemption is on a quest you won't fully understand for quite sometime – I played for six hours and don't truly know the scope of his mission – but the themes will ring true. In a world with this much heartache, there needs to be a hero, and John Marston is meant to be that savior. Hell, the title of this game gives away the man's motivations. John Marston already did terrible things long before you ever pushed start. He's looking for redemption.

Last week, IGN's own Erik Brudvig walked you though his hours in the town of Armadillo, except he played as a bad guy. He shot horses in the head, left women to die in the desert, and raided the countryside. Basically, he was a maniac, and that's the kind of the virtual life I can't live. I need to save people. I need to walk the straight and narrow.

Trouble is, being that beacon of hope isn't as easy as I thought it would be in Red Dead Redemption.

No matter how empty the area, a hero needs to be on the lookout.
When I first stepped off the train in Armadillo, I assumed being the good guy would be no sweat. Don't kill innocent people, help people in need, and do whatever it takes to make the world a better place. Turns out, Red Dead's open-world freedom Rockstar is always talking about makes being the good guy a little more difficult. During my first real ride across the countryside, I heard gunshots and stopped in my tracks. I did a 360-degree turn, scanned the horizon and did everything I could to find the disturbance, but I had no luck finding out what was going on. Was someone getting hijacked? Was there a fight? Was it just some idiot shooting birds out of the air? I rode towards where I thought the shots were coming from, backtracked, and searched all over the area, but I never found out what was going on.

Things like that haunt me as Marston. There's so much disturbing stuff going on in this world that if I hear a commotion, I'm emotionally compelled to investigate so there won't be someone's rape and/or murder on my conscience. In Red Dead, our hero isn't a superhero. He has no telescopic vision to explore the horizon and no other-worldly sense to hone in on trouble. When something goes on around you, it's up to you to figure it out and act.

Now, these situations come in all shapes and sizes. There are the easy hero decisions, like coming up with the cash to pay a man for his property instead of the easy "blow him away and take the deed" route, but the harder decisions are the ones that need to happen in a split second. At one point, I was leaving a %#*%* house (no services rendered), when I heard a blood-curdling scream from down the road. I ran over to the commotion and found woman on her back with a knife-wielding man on top of her. I pulled my gun and blew the assailant away. Later, I came across a woman asking for help by her stagecoach. As I approached, armed men jumped out as part of an ambush/robbery. After using the Dead Eye feature to kill all the men in a split second, I had the choice of murdering the unarmed !!%@+ who set me up or letting her go. Of course, I let her leave.

Your relationships will make or break the emotional impact of Red Dead.
These random crimes speak to that urge to be the hero in a pinch, but don't think that you're only going to get the good/bad choice if you're stumbling around the back alleys of this tumbleweed town. One of the first side missions you'll come across is a woman sobbing at the sheriff's station. Her husband journeyed to a remote area and hasn't been heard from since. If you want, you can just ignore her and go back to drinking in saloons, but if you take her quest and ride up into the hills, you'll find a severed limb and a pool of blood. As the days go by, more and more people turn up missing and you keep finding leftover feet and arms like discarded chicken bones before coming across an injured man and a moral conundrum where you have to pick whom you believe. Later, a woman you know gets kidnapped, and her life is left in your hands.

You could be an outlaw and see all of this, but you wouldn't have the same frame of reference. You'd be killing innocent people, running from the law, and striking fear into the hearts of the good people of Armadillo. That's no way for Marston to live. Why even bother trying to take out bad guys when you're worse than all of them? I'd pick patrolling the homestead with a dog named Charlie – a reoccurring side mission where you chase off poachers and drunks – any day of the week.

Be on the right side of the law.
I love videogames. They connect me to characters and stories like no other medium can. Red Dead Redemption makes me feel, but it doesn't always take me places I like. That's awesome. As we have these arguments about what a game is and if it's art and yadda, yadda, yadda, it's profoundly interesting that a fictional guy in a fictional town can make me feel so many things so genuinely. I can't wait to play Red Dead Redemption, but I also dread it in a way. I know that I'm going to have to see those beaten and violated women again, and I know that I won't be able to save them. For someone who wants to save whatever world he's in, that's a hard pill to swallow.

Still, the people of Red Dead Redemption need a hero, and I'm going to be there for them.

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

[h1]
EA Sports Locks Out Multiplayer Modes On Used Sales
[/h1]

And this is BS. It should at the very least work per console, not per PSN.

My brother cannot play the VIP content of BFBC2 on his PSN cause the code is a one-time use for one PSN ID.

That is so stupid. An extra 15 bucks (or in EASports' case, $10) just to play online, or get all of the features originally on the disc.

BS.

so they really chose threads of fate over:

parasite eve
brave fencer musashi
xenogears
ffVI
chrono trigger

????

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

I did the blowdryer trick three times. The first time it worked, and the ps3 was able to last for about 8-10 hours total. The second time did not work, and I think it's because I left it to cool down for over a day. The third time I did it, about a week ago, I started up the ps3 within 20 minutes after letting it cool down. I was able to then back up the entire system (over 2 hours).
I let mine cool down (room temp no fans or a/c etc.) for 45mins, was that too long? I know the video on YouTube said 20mins but dude was using a fan blowing directly into it and I don't have a portable fan (just a ceiling fan).

I can get mine repair at a local shop but they are out of town till Friday, kinda wanna play it till than.
The first time it did work, I used a fan for 20 minutess. This last time I did it, I didn't use a fan at all. I actually used the hair dryer on the cold setting for maybe a minute at most. 45 minutes shouldn't be too long though. I would just try and turn it on to back up all the stuff you want, cause I'm afraid if the ps3 was left longer to cool the thermal paste or whatever might get cracked or something, somehow.

If your ps3 doesn't turn on, just do the trick again. You've basically got nothing else to lose.

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

^ How do you save games when you have an external HD connected?

The other reason I'm going to buy a new PS3 is because I'm going to give the 60G to my dad.~
Sorry missed this...I mean only save your media to the external drive like videos/music. I don't think it's possible to stream game saves from an hdd..To save your info to an external hd just connect it, go under settings>system settings> Back up data. It can take anywhere from 20-45min depending how much data you have saved..Also if you buy another PS3 you can copy all the info from the 60gb to new PS3 using a USB cable..

I did the blowdryer trick three times. The first time it worked, and the ps3 was able to last for about 8-10 hours total. The second time did not work, and I think it's because I left it to cool down for over a day. The third time I did it, about a week ago, I started up the ps3 within 20 minutes after letting it cool down. I was able to then back up the entire system (over 2 hours).
I think I read your located in the OC? If you want to fix your PS3 and willing to drive to LA, hit up my dude Mike, 714-862-3003. He fixes PS3, he's fixed mine when I got the YLoD last year, only charge me $90 and gave me a 3 month warranty.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I let mine cool down (room temp no fans or a/c etc.) for 45mins, was that too long? I know the video on YouTube said 20mins but dude was using a fan blowing directly into it and I don't have a portable fan (just a ceiling fan).

I can get mine repair at a local shop but they are out of town till Friday, kinda wanna play it till than.
The first time it did work, I used a fan for 20 minutess. This last time I did it, I didn't use a fan at all. I actually used the hair dryer on the cold setting for maybe a minute at most. 45 minutes shouldn't be too long though. I would just try and turn it on to back up all the stuff you want, cause I'm afraid if the ps3 was left longer to cool the thermal paste or whatever might get cracked or something, somehow.

If your ps3 doesn't turn on, just do the trick again. You've basically got nothing else to lose.
it worked i was able to back up everything
pimp.gif
now i have to see if i want to drop 300 bones on a slim tomorrow or just have repaired

[h2]New CoD: Black Ops details show four-way co-op[/h2]
May 11th, 2010 @ 06:23
By Patrick Garratt

callofdutyblackops2.jpg

USA Today’s dropped new detail on Treyarch’s Call of Duty: Black Ops, saying the game will definitely feature four-player co-op.

The report also confirms that you won’t actually be flying the SR-71 Blackbird reconnaissance aircraft shown in the game’s teaser trailer, but will instead be looking down from the plane and directing troops.

“Players spy on suspicious activity while piloting a Lockheed SR-71recon aircraft over the Ural Mountains… from the initial piloting of areconnaissance aircraft to on the ground combat in the Soviet Union,

anyone one here actually own and play little big planet regularly? i d/led the demo and didn't see what the hype was. the levels and game play feel very bland to me and there isn't a lot of action. might consider LBP2.

i haven't played a horror game that scares me %%!***$% in a good minute.

Originally Posted by NYH425

anyone one here actually own and play little big planet regularly? i d/led the demo and didn't see what the hype was. the levels and game play feel very bland to me and there isn't a lot of action. might consider LBP2.

It's not a horror game but it will definitely scare & make u nervous on certain parts of the game.

You might want to give Heavy Rain a rent or pick it up cheap if u can find it used for a decent price.

bought it, played it for a couple weeks. then never touched it again. personally didn't like the way sackboy moved and couldn't get used to it.

Get Dead Space. thing will scare the Heck out of you, guaranteed.
laugh.gif

True. Forgot about dead space. Woulda been more shook if I didn't use those cheats.

Originally Posted by debs 168

so they really chose threads of fate over:

parasite eve
brave fencer musashi
xenogears
ffVI
chrono trigger

????
I agree... however CT and FFVI were not originally on PSOne.

Musashi or Xenogears would have been insta-copped.

Back
Top Bottom