PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Upgraded my HD earlier today
happy.gif
. Most of my saved games I was able to transfer; damn EA wont let you copy and transfer. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about memory for awhile
happy.gif
.~

Via Joystiq.com

Guerilla demos Killzone 3; promises a more epic, varied experience
kz31-1-5262010-580px.jpg

Guerilla Games showed Killzone 3 in action for the first time tonight at an event in San Francisco, and Joystiq was there. Managing director Hermen Hulst was on hand to lay out some key details about the sequel -- unfortunately, any sort of release date wasn't among them.

Saying that the team was inspired by the ambition exhibited by other Sony Worldwide Studios releases, specifically Uncharted 2 and God of War 3, Hulst detailed planned improvements across the board for Killzone 3. Chief among them is more variety in environments, weapons, vehicles and enemies. Promising more epic, unique moments throughout, he pointed out that the first three minutes of the demo featured more cinematics and scripted events than the entire first level of Killzone 2.

We'll be delivering our full hands-on with the game at noon PDT, but for now you can read on after the break for more on Killzone 3's new environments, weapons and more.

Via 1up.com

SCEE president alludes to upcoming paid PSN subscription option
firmrwae300ps3.jpg

Even though Sony officially "won't comment on rumors or speculation" regarding a paid PSN offering in the near future, Sony Europe president Andrew House gave a bit more substantial answer in a recent Q&A on the UK PlayStation site. When asked outright, "Will PlayStation Network become a paying service?", House responded, "Kaz Hirai stated a few months ago that we were looking at a premium service to sit alongside the current free service and that objective has not changed. You'll learn more about it very soon."

He went on to console potentially upset readers with the knowledge that "the current PSN as you know it will remain a free service." That said, it seems like times are a-changin' for Sony's online network, and some (if not all) of the claims in our recent report on a "PSN+" service may come to pass in the not so distant future (cross-game chat, anyone?). If we were bettin' folks, we'd bet that not so distant future will start around the time of E3.

Via rockstargames.com

Red Dead Redemption machinima film airing on Fox this Saturday
red-dead-machinima.jpg

This Saturday at midnight (ET), Fox will air a 30-minute short film made from Red Dead Redemption. That's right -- this film was created using in-game assets. And it's not just any old basement machinima -- it's been directed by John Hillcoat (The Road) and, according to Rockstar's description, "reimagines" protagonist John Marston's, uh, redemption, as he pursues that prickly Bill Williamson.

Sounds interesting enough -- just so long as it doesn't interrupt MADtv. That's still on, right?

Via Twitter.com

Earn double XP in Modern Warfare 2 this Memorial Day weekend
mw2stim4510.jpg

Wait, you're telling us that you still haven't hit 10th Prestige? Is this some sort of joke? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has been out for like, a hundred years. Whatever the reason for your pathetic, amateurish ranking, you can give yourself a boost by playing during this three-day Memorial Day weekend, when Infinity Ward will be offering double experience across all of the game's cornucopia of platforms.

There, now you have no excuse. Unless you're having, like, a cookout or pool party during the extended weekend. Or if you're going to a baseball game. Or if you're going to the beach ... Those are all pretty great excuses, we suppose.

Damn it, ill be in Vegas
mad.gif
glasses.gif

Via pastapadre.com

NBA Live Being Renamed NBA Elite
nbaelite11.jpg

The first indications that the NBA Live franchise was in the midst of going through a transformation of sorts began making their way out in early February. Talk of the series going in a different direction came from departing team members which EA Sports did little to deny. Now the first signs of big change are being to be discovered, and prior to E3 where it is likely that at least some of the vision for the game will be laid out.

The NBA Live name is no more. This year’s NBA title from EA Sports will be called NBA Elite 11. According to OXM (via drules2) the game will be heavy on analog controls with Skate and Fight Night the two titles garnering comparisons in that regard. I’m hoping to get some additional details soon.

Oftentimes a series name change can be attributed to a stigma having been built and the desire to have a fresh start. Maybe the best example of that is when EA went from Triple Play to MVP. We are probably seeing similar thinking implemented here with the company hoping to build a new brand that can either compete with NBA 2K or can find its own base of consumers who want something different. While NBA Live 10 showed great improvement over prior iterations it actually fell in sales from the previous year.

I’m not sure that going the analog direction would be the best idea as one of the most consistent things I’ve liked about NBA Live over the years has been the right stick for dribble moves and having other functions tied to the buttons. It is far too early to pass judgment on the idea until we know its implementation though. The new name sure sounds “arcade-like

The Hulk looks weirf as @$%% in those screen shots
THe game itsel looks kind of stiff but then again it's just stills

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

the hulk and iron man both look weird to me. too plastic

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

i read that they're going for that capcom vs tatsunoko look...

Originally Posted by Jesseg8

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

Wait was that Justice on that Modnation Racer vid? Copping.

The justice song wasn't in game, we were playing custom soundtrack in the background.
smokin.gif

jesse (or anybody with it) can you hook me up with a list of in-game songs? i know there is some Daft in there from the demo

Originally Posted by young dunny

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

i read that they're going for that capcom vs tatsunoko look...
they said that they were going for a comic book look and feel to the game. by the looks of it, they are doing a good job with it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

When is E3, next month?
Floor is open June 15. Pressers start June 14. Got our badges distributed at work today
pimp.gif

Very excited to show off what we've been working on.

b3d2560e01b177a5988be4910e5ae8821c16121.jpg

mvc3 looks NICE!!!!!

mod nation looks fun as hell but idk if im copping it though. reminds me of mario kart and that crash bandicoot racing game.

the mw2 tournament is gonna take most of my gaming time anyways

im still waiting for more official news about persona finally coming to the ps3

Originally Posted by Battousai701

mvc3 looks NICE!!!!!

mod nation looks fun as hell but idk if im copping it though. reminds me of mario kart and that crash bandicoot racing game.

the mw2 tournament is gonna take most of my gaming time anyways

im still waiting for more official news about persona finally coming to the ps3

YES. Persona 5 maybe?

dudes on the internet are wild, making a video out of footage on a monitor in the back of a room during a video interview
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

edit -

i hate embedding youtube on yuku

Back
Top Bottom