PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

[h1]Final Fantasy XIII – team talks cancelled DLC, possible sequel[/h1]
by Sal Romano on Oct 2, 2010 at 11:35 am

FFXIII-DLC-Sequel-OU.jpg

As was done with other Final Fantasy titles, Final Fantasy XIIIrecently received its own ‘Ultimania Omega’ book in Japan. The bookcontains interviews and behind-the-scenes discussions with thedevelopment team, revealing interesting new details.

The team had planned downloadable content, titled ‘Seventh Ark’, for Final Fantasy XIII.Originally, the downloadable content was intended to be included in thefull game, but it was taken out after the team’s hectic developmentschedule caught up to them. The area would’ve been accessible throughthe third warp gate in Orphan’s Cradle. Although, after technicalproblems reared their ugly heads, including those involved withPlayStation 3 and Xbox 360’s different download platforms, the teamcancelled the project. On top of that, the team did not believe thecontent would live up to expectations. The book contains twoscreenshots showing the a work-in-progress version of the cancelledlocation.

Also in the book: producer Yoshinori Kitase touched upon a Final Fantasy XIIIsequel, as well. He said that if there’s demand, it could very wellhappen. For now, though, the team has moved onto their next project.Kitase wants them to steadily be able to release a new game every twoyears.

Thanks, GAF.
They need to get their @%%$! back in that studio and at least start working on a trailer for Vs. XIII that's over 10 seconds long.
GT5 should not be able to beat your game to release day, let alone a trailer that actually shows something.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

[h1]Final Fantasy XIII – team talks cancelled DLC, possible sequel[/h1]
by Sal Romano on Oct 2, 2010 at 11:35 am

FFXIII-DLC-Sequel-OU.jpg

As was done with other Final Fantasy titles, Final Fantasy XIII recently received its own ‘Ultimania Omega’ book in Japan. The book contains interviews and behind-the-scenes discussions with the development team, revealing interesting new details.

The team had planned downloadable content, titled ‘Seventh Ark’, for Final Fantasy XIII. Originally, the downloadable content was intended to be included in the full game, but it was taken out after the team’s hectic development schedule caught up to them. The area would’ve been accessible through the third warp gate in Orphan’s Cradle. Although, after technical problems reared their ugly heads, including those involved with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360’s different download platforms, the team cancelled the project. On top of that, the team did not believe the content would live up to expectations. The book contains two screenshots showing the a work-in-progress version of the cancelled location.

Also in the book: producer Yoshinori Kitase touched upon a Final Fantasy XIII sequel, as well. He said that if there’s demand, it could very well happen. For now, though, the team has moved onto their next project. Kitase wants them to steadily be able to release a new game every two years.

Thanks, GAF.

laugh.gif

I want a car that runs on lollipops and dreams, but that ain't happening either.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Pre-ordered 2K11 today.

A couple reviews are touting it as the best Sport game this generation. Crazy. FIFA 10 and NHL 09 were pretty insane...

pre-ordered? ppl already have the game before release date dude
laugh.gif

my game is about to arrive tomorrow morning
pimp.gif

but yeah, it does have the potential to be one of the greatest sports games of all time

Canada has alot more stringent rules, as well as alot less Mom and Pop joints that usually release em early.
Toy R US in the GTA was selling 2k11 from Friday

I heard one of the ones in Calgary got busted for selling MW2 early and got a huge fine, so most retailers here are very careful now.

So am I the only one hyped for Medal of Honor? Just pre-ordered it with release day delivery on Amazon.com
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

So am I the only one hyped for Medal of Honor? Just pre-ordered it with release day delivery on Amazon.com
pimp.gif
i pre ordered it a long time ago. cant wait.
pimp.gif

MoH will be a rent on day one. But I can tell you I'm not gonna be playing anything other than a certain Call of Duty game, come November.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

MoH will be a rent on day one. But I can tell you I'm not gonna be playing anything other than a certain Call of Duty game, come November.

Honestly, the only reason I am getting Black Ops is because of my friends and NT. Its really the only game a ton of people play online.

I am really not that excited for it.
ohwell.gif

I feel it has potential to be awesome, with such a robust multiplayer.

New game modes look fun, customization is off the chain, and I think they tried to correct a lot of the mistakes from MW2.

I am personally excited.

is modnation racers worth a look?

anyone want Red Dead Redemption sealed for ps3, thinking 30 shipped?

MNR is worth a rent beforehand. I stopped playing 2 weeks after I copped.

PROS: good graphics, good controls, can use custom soundtrack, pretty good online interface, good customization

CONS: long load times, even after patch, not many of my friends play it, hardly any mics

why most of ya pre order games? isnt it just a waste of money
nerd.gif

most the times i just hit up the local game stop in the afternoon and stone face the workers when they ask if i pre ordered the game i wanna purchase
laugh.gif

just wondering

thanks man. I'll let you know when I acquire it if you wanna race. I'm basically looking for a casual fun game like mario kart except I don't have a wii.

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

nerd.gif
Nope, pre-ordering games don't cost extra.

You have to pay a certain amount ($5 min. or you can pay it all off) when you pre-order. And on the day you pick up the game you'll have to pay off the remaining amount for the game.

Usually I'll pre-order a game for the bonuses.

Originally Posted by Mister916

nerd.gif

You have to pay a certain amount ($5 min. or you can pay it all off) when you pre-order.

ohh i see is there anyway i can figure out what games come with bonuses if i pre order?
i mostly cop my games from gamestop if that matters

Originally Posted by Mister916

nerd.gif

You have to pay a certain amount ($5 min. or you can pay it all off) when you pre-order.

ohh i see is there anyway i can figure out what games come with bonuses if i pre order?
i mostly cop my games from gamestop if that matters
Look for the game you want on their website. It'll show what bonuses the game comes with if it has any.

Toysrus, Bestbuy, Walmart and Amazon.com also have pre-order bonuses.

nerd.gif

most the times i just hit up the local game stop in the afternoon and stone face the workers when they ask if i pre ordered the game i wanna purchase
laugh.gif

just wondering

It really just depends man. Games come out on Tuesdays and I also have school on Tuesdays. I get home from school around 4 and I take the train up to campus so my travels while at school are limited. I get home and bam! The game is sitting in my room (release date delivery
pimp.gif
).Basically, for me, it is a lot easier. And I get 20 dollars towards my next game on Amazon.com

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

just wondering

It really just depends man. Games come out on Tuesdays and I also have school on Tuesdays. I get home from school around 4 and I take the train up to campus so my travels while at school are limited. I get home and bam! The game is sitting in my room (release date delivery
pimp.gif
).Basically, for me, it is a lot easier. And I get 20 dollars towards my next game on Amazon.com

Via Joystiq

Super Street Fighter 4: Here comes a new ... outfit
ultra-shoryuken-pack-ryu-100110.jpg

Capcom Japan has dated the fall line of Super Street Fighter IV apparel. In fact, it's more like the fall, winter and spring line, as the company will trickle out the DLC packs (it's beenteasing) in seven 5-costume releases; beginning in late October and culminating in a discounted complete set, featuring all 35 new outfits, on April 26, 2011.

Complete details are posted after the break. (The costume packs have only been dated and priced for Japan, but the information is expected to apply to North America as well.) Oh!What about ... ?

Nope ... no sign of Yun and Yang yet.

Via Joystiq

Killzone 3's Move functionality demoed on video

Though we thought up a few applications for the PlayStation Move controller at first glance, we hadn't really considered its capacity for inflicting unthinkable violence upon the Helghast. Fortunately, PlayStation.Blog was recently able to fill in the blanks in our imagination, demoing Killzone 3's Move functionality in the video posted after the jump.

Not only does the demo do a good job of showing how the series' gameplay mechanics have translated over to the motion controller, it also includes a few interesting details about multiplayer -- for instance, there will be separate matchmaking playlists for people using the DualShock 3 and people using the Move. But what about the people like us, who plan on playing the game using a Dance Dance Revolution pad? Where's our playlist?

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Honestly, the only reason I am getting Black Ops is because of my friends and NT. Its really the only game a ton of people play online.

I am really not that excited for it.
ohwell.gif

me too

[h1]Final Fantasy XIII Team Hints at Sequel[/h1][h2]Could a followup similar to FFX-2 be on the way?[/h2][h2]October 4, 2010[/h2]

by Anoop Gantayat

Interested in exploring more of the Final Fantasy XIII story? You may get your chance if the game's producer and director have their way.

In an interview in the latest Final Fantasy Ultima guide, which hit Japanese bookshops on the 30th, producer Yoshinori Kitase said that he's interested in making something that, by showing additional areas of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology, helps players to better understand the FFXIII story.

Fabula Nova Crystallis is the name of the overarching series that encompasses Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII. The games share a common mythology, but otherwise appear to be unrelated.

The interviewer asked Kitase is he could be referring to a "Final Fantasy XIII-2," a reference to the naming used for Final Fantasy X's sequel. Kitase responded that this would depend on fan reaction.

Elsewhere in the interview, Kitase revealed that the team that made Final Fantasy XIII is at work on their next project. According to Kitase,
Square Enix has a policy of each team making a game at a pace of one title every two years, so the wait for this title will presumably not be too long.

FFXIII director Motomu Toriyama gave a couple of hints about this game. First off, it does seem to be in the Fabula Nova Crystallis series, as Toriyama told player to look forward to it along with other games in the series. Additionally, he said that he hopes to incorporate into the game stuff that they were unable to do as download content for Final Fantasy XIII.

The FFXIII team originally had some big download content plans, Toriyama and Kitase revealed in the interview. Plans were in place for an area called "Seventh Ark" which would feature "quest-like play" and "free battles." This was put on hold because it didn't reach the desired quality and because of the major differences between the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 network systems.

Downloadable weapons or other simple content would have been easy to implement, noted Kitase. But the Seventh Ark area was to have an exclusive play style different from the main FFXIII, making it more complicated. For his next title, he said he'd plan for online elements and DLC from the start.

Square Enix will be holding a Fabula Nova Crystallis press conference in January in Tokyo. Perhaps we'll get a glimpse at the new game from the Final Fantasy XIII team there.

Versus will now take over the mantle from GT5 and Duke Nukem as the game that will never come out.

Back
Top Bottom