PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Ive been slackin on this thread, sorry people, ill try to keep my portion up.

Via Joystiq

Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma in Super Street Fighter IV Arcade, likely also console DLC
akuma123.jpg

A trailer for the arcade version of Super Street Fighter IV has revealed two additional characters: Evil Ryu, the "what-if" version of the hero first seen in Street Fighter Alpha 2, and Oni Akuma, who resembles the "Shin Akuma" variant of the already-evil fighter. Check out the trailer after the break.

Images that seem to depict these two characters appear in the same leaked Xbox 360 Achievement image that showed Yun and Yang. So it would appear that all four of these characters are headed to the console game as well -- either that Achievement image is accurate, or a really clever (and prescient) fake.

Via Joystiq

NBA Elite cancellation 'squarely on my desk,' EA CEO says
nba-elite-11-jesus-glitch-530w.jpg

According to CEO John Riccitiello, EA's perhaps unprecedented decision to cancel NBA Elite 11 so late in its development was his. "There aren't many decisions that are essentially squarely on my desk," he told Kotaku. "This was one."

Riccitiello found this to be the least worst solution to the problem of a game riddled with bugs on the eve of release -- a "bad game," as EA Sports' Andrew Wilson put it. Either EA could have launched the game as it was (against the impressive NBA 2K11 competition), delayed it beyond the limited release window for basketball games (which would have drastically reduced market share and given the team less time to work on the next sequel), or it could cut its losses. "So there's the table: You can ship a product you're not proud of and compete for marginal share; [or] you can delay the game to get a better product, but that's going to have a knock-on effect," Riccitiello recalled. "And we made what I judged to be the best call given the circumstances."

The cancellation of Elite was tempered by EA Canada's ability to quickly assemble a standalone release of NBA Jam for PS3 and Xbox 360 (in addition to the original Wii version), but it did mean that the company would not release a simulation-style competitor to go up against the NBA 2K series this year. Riccitiello seems okay with that outcome. "I don't think the consumer was served badly by buying 2K," he admitted. "It's a good game. And I think we're better served." As for releasing the full version of NBA Jam on more platforms, Riccitiello believes "people got to see what a good game that is" ... since the downloadable version got benched alongside Elite.

Via Joystiq

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam includes unlockable team challenge map
bfbc2hasting530play.jpg

Much like it did with Battlefield 1943, developer DICE will add an additional map, Operation Hastings, once a community challenge is met in the multiplayer expansion Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. However, this time DICE isn't making the challenge a collective kill count of 43 million. In keeping more with the spirit of cooperation in the game, the map will unlock once the community accomplishes 69 million team actions (double entendres abound).

In order to unlock the fifth Vietnam map, you'll have to heal, spot, repair, revive and resupply as often as possible ... but you were already doing that, right?

BFBC2 Vietnam will be drafted into service on December 21.

Via Joystiq

LittleBigPlanet 2 beta adds voice recording feature
lbp2vr.120310-530px-play.jpg

On January 18, Media Molecule will launch Griffin McElroy's 2011 Game of the Year, LittleBigPlanet 2. Some people are lucky enough to be in the beta right now, supping on the game's alluring blend of platforming and secret spices before they must pay to do so. If you're one of those lucky few, we'd like to inform you of a new feature in the beta: voice recording.

In a pre-launch update on the PlayStation Blog, Mark Valledor, marketing manager at SCEA, offered a tutorial video showing how users can record voices in the game and assign them to characters. It was made by YouTube user Sackinima and sums voice recording up pretty well, so we've gone ahead and embedded it past the break -- fast-forward to 2:30 for the good stuff.

Via Joystiq

PlayStation Plus users get an exclusive space away from the crowds of Home
home122.jpg

Are you looking for the quietest place in the (virtual) world? Yes, even quieter than PlayStation Home. Sony Europe just launched a PlayStation Plus-exclusive lounge inside of Home. Perfect for the person who likes Home, but just wishes it didn't have so many people in it.

Once you get past the doorman in the marble foyer, you'll be able to converse with the other occupant of the PlayStation Plus Private Members Club in peace -- mostly about how awesome it is to have a place to go where you can get away from all the people who meant to launch the PlayStation Store. There's a bar, "alcoves" for conversation, and even an exclusive card game, optimistically designed for two to four players.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via Joystiq

PlayStation Plus users get an exclusive space away from the crowds of Home
home122.jpg

Are you looking for the quietest place in the (virtual) world? Yes, even quieter than PlayStation Home. Sony Europe just launched a PlayStation Plus-exclusive lounge inside of Home. Perfect for the person who likes Home, but just wishes it didn't have so many people in it.

Once you get past the doorman in the marble foyer, you'll be able to converse with the other occupant of the PlayStation Plus Private Members Club in peace -- mostly about how awesome it is to have a place to go where you can get away from all the people who meant to launch the PlayStation Store. There's a bar, "alcoves" for conversation, and even an exclusive card game, optimistically designed for two to four players.

roll.gif

Only time I ever enter Home.

Via Joystiq

XtendPlay extends your Xbox 360 or PS3 controller, vertically

Your Xbox or PS3 controller is okaythe way it is ... but it could be so much more boogie board-shaped. The XtendPlay attachment adds a big block of foam to the bottom of your controller, apparently to both make your grip on your controller more comfortable and allow you to rest the whole thing in your lap more easily. Or something.

Creator Xwerx likens the development to the invention of the baseball glove. "So the question we put to you is: why are you still bare-handing your controller?" "Stallion83," who has over 500,000 Gamerscore,likes the device(or likes his endorsement deal), and he knows a thing or two about holding a controller for way too long.

The $20 ... things ... ship "in 2 weeks," according to thewebsite, and are available for pre-order now. Still not convinced? Check out a trailer after the break. You really need to see this in motion.

[h2]Sony includes built-in PS2 with Bravia[/h2]
December 3rd, 2010 @ 09:45
By Johnny Cullen

ps2-bravia.jpg

Not a PS3. An actual PlayStation 2.

Sony’s launched a Bravia TV which includes a built-in PS2. How much? £199.

It’s a 22-incher, HD-ready at 720P and features support from YouTube, LoveFilm and BBC iPlayer.

It also comes with a PS2 controller. Brilliant.

It will also have four HDMI ports, a headphone slot, PC input slot, three USB sockets and more.

This is the ultimate TV. Buy it for Christmas, or something.

Thanks, EG.

[h2]LBP2 won’t support 3D, says SCEA[/h2]
December 3rd, 2010 @ 12:34
By Johnny Cullen

lbp2.jpg

Sony’s confirmed that LittleBigPlanet 2 won’t support 3D tech when it releases next month.

“Sorry, no 3D this time around,â€

[h2]Catherine boxart for PS3 and Xbox 360 is rather awesome[/h2]
December 3rd, 2010 @ 16:45
By Stephany Nunneley

catherine1.jpg

Normally, we don’t post game boxart – at least not very often – but sometimes it’s just too cool to pass up.

Today, the cool boxart is for Catherine, and we couldn’t resist showing it to you.

The PS3 cover features Catherine, a woman who is a bit “touchedâ€

Via Gamingeverything.com

Resistance 3 not the only Sony title at the VGAs
151632-resistance3.jpg

Were you worrying that Resistance 3 would be the only Sony title at this year’s Spike TV Video Game Awards? Well, if you were, you shouldn’t anymore! Geoff Keighley has confirmed on his Twitter account that the company will be bringing at least one additional project to the show.

Could it be Uncharted 3? Nathan Drake’s next outing has been rumored to be making an appearance since late November. Fortunately, we won’t have to wait long to find out, as we’re less than a week away before the VGAs take place.

Via computerandvideogames.com

EA vows to 'make a better game' than Call of Duty
15-EA-Games-Pack.jpg

EA big man John Riccitiello has a plan to beat Activision's genre-dominating FPS, Call of Duty. Simply, he plans to "make a better game." Then, get this - he's going to "make a better game again."

Riccitiello's confident EA can do just that, too. "If I had to pick the story I'd like to play out next year is we ship a 90 [Metacritic scoring game] and they ship an 85," he said told Kotaku, later pointing out that both CoD: Black Ops and DICE's Battlefield: Bad Company 2 both have an 88 average review score on Metacritic.

"[Activision has] an awful lot of momentum without heir brand, no doubt. What I've witnessed a couple of times in the games industry is the way you unseat a market leader is you make a better game a couple of times in a row," he said, explaining the logic behind his earlier comments.

Think EA's CoD challenger and you'd probably think Medal of Honor. But that's not the series Riccitiello says will spearhead EA's attack. It's Battlefield 3.

"Our next game [Battlefield 3] is being built on the second generation of Frostbite which I think is at least in my opinion is a class act for FPS. I think we're going to lift the game pretty dramatically in the first-person shooter category," he said.

"I have great expectations to do a lot better in 2011 than in 2010 on the strength of a couple of products like Bulletstorm and Crysis [2], but most importantly for us, Battlefield 3, which I feel incredibly good about."

Can Battlefield topple the CoD legacy?

You wanna beat Call of Duty? Take COD4 gameplay, sprinkle MW2 killstreaks, mix a lil bit of Black Ops balance and slap a EA tag on the box art, finish. Or you could just higher IW to make your next FPS.

Via gametrailers.com

Pachter: "Handhelds are in trouble" from Apple threat, PSP2 is "going to be dead on arrival"
gametrailers-logo.png

Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter has revealed his thoughts that the handheld market is “in trouble,â€

Via kingps3.com

Killzone 3 splitscreen confirmed
1291538991.png

A new, leaked Killzone 3 screenshot taken by an unknown source, but obtained by NicaGamerz.com, looks to confirm the existence of split-screen cooperative play in the game. The screenshot (seen below) shows two players on the same TV looking at each other.

Albeit this screenshot pretty much confirming co-op play for Killzone 3, it fails to give lots of details on the specific mode. Whether it will be offline or online co-op is unknown, as is how many total players will be able to play together on one setup.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via computerandvideogames.com

EA vows to 'make a better game' than Call of Duty
15-EA-Games-Pack.jpg

EA big man John Riccitiello has a plan to beat Activision's genre-dominating FPS, Call of Duty. Simply, he plans to "make a better game." Then, get this - he's going to "make a better game again."

Riccitiello's confident EA can do just that, too. "If I had to pick the story I'd like to play out next year is we ship a 90 [Metacritic scoring game] and they ship an 85," he said told Kotaku, later pointing out that both CoD: Black Ops and DICE's Battlefield: Bad Company 2 both have an 88 average review score on Metacritic.

"[Activision has] an awful lot of momentum without heir brand, no doubt. What I've witnessed a couple of times in the games industry is the way you unseat a market leader is you make a better game a couple of times in a row," he said, explaining the logic behind his earlier comments.

Think EA's CoD challenger and you'd probably think Medal of Honor. But that's not the series Riccitiello says will spearhead EA's attack. It's Battlefield 3.

"Our next game [Battlefield 3] is being built on the second generation of Frostbite which I think is at least in my opinion is a class act for FPS. I think we're going to lift the game pretty dramatically in the first-person shooter category," he said.

"I have great expectations to do a lot better in 2011 than in 2010 on the strength of a couple of products like Bulletstorm and Crysis [2], but most importantly for us, Battlefield 3, which I feel incredibly good about."

Can Battlefield topple the CoD legacy?

You wanna beat Call of Duty? Take COD4 gameplay, sprinkle MW2 killstreaks, mix a lil bit of Black Ops balance and slap a EA tag on the box art, finish. Or you could just higher IW to make your next FPS.

its just mindless PR talk man, it just makes me think of the forza series and how it rates higher than GT and sells decently but hardly anybody cares (compared to GT), i see people on forums talking about how they dont even like racing games, especially sims but how GT5 is their game of the year
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

i remember playing a tiny bit of battlefield 2 at a friends and i actually enjoyed it as someone not into shooters, except KZ2 because its controls felt like nothing before it
pimp.gif

battfields going to topple cod's "legacy" the way that the getaway toppled GTA's
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
last gen

- also it looks like sony ninjas got to the dude who posted that killzone vid cause he knew what was coming, luckily i downloaded it earlier caust its
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

new L.A. Noire pics from rockstarnetwork.net

[h1]All New L.A. Noire Images Released[/h1]
Rockstar has just released all new L.A. Noire images, featuring "Crime Scenes and Lineups". As of right now we aren't sure when the official L.A. Noire website will be updated, but once it is, we are sure that these images will be available in HD. Make sure you keep checking back for more updates on L.A. Noire!

Well enough of our talking, let's get to the goodies!

Sizing up the suspects. Each successfully solved case propels Phelps higher up the ladder of the LAPD.

Onlookers gather at a family’s tragedy. You'll need to analyze crime scenes like this one in detail and interview witnesses in order to figure out what happened.

As a detective, Phelps’ gun is a weapon of last resort. But Los Angeles is a dangerous place, and a successful detective makes enemies quickly.

1947 was one of the most violent years in the history of Los Angeles, with an unprecedented number of assaults, robberies and murders. Phelps inspects the body of a victim for clues.

Today, we present a brand new selection of exclusive screenshots from L.A. Noire - showing a glimpse of investigating crime scenes, examining lineups of suspects and other gritty detective work you'll experience in next spring's crime thriller. Stay tuned for a special look behind the scenes of the advanced motion scan technology used in the game, coming soon.

2011 looks to be another dope year for gaming..

Anybody have any info about DC universe online? Ive never been into mmorpg's and was wondering will the game have like a story and ending or will i just be going around and leveling up until i just get tired of playing. And are most mmorpg's like that where you just go around leveling up until you get tired of playing or is there an actual ending

Originally Posted by LaunchPadMcQuack

Anybody have any info about DC universe online? Ive never been into mmorpg's and was wondering will the game have like a story and ending or will i just be going around and leveling up until i just get tired of playing. And are most mmorpg's like that where you just go around leveling up until you get tired of playing or is there an actual ending
RKO(?)s got a thread dedicated to dc universe somewhere

i dont think its going to have a single beginning/ending but rather just stories that you can choose to go through, although apparently brainiac is seen as the main villain

the point of it being an mmo is that they can constantly evolve the world through new stories, not necessarily aimlessly leveling up

Are we going to get ESPN integrated like 360 or WSOOL ?

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Grimey

system update?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
most likely another "security" patch that adds no benefits to us users, probably "tries" to block the fw rollback jailbreak feature starting at 3.55
yea its a security patch because hackers decrypted the ps3's master keys 

What's everybody's thought on the PlayStation move? I just ordered the sports bundle with 20% off and free shipping. (Not sure if I should keep it.)

Is it a gimmic like the wii that gets old quick, or does it live up to the hype? 

Back
Top Bottom