PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

?

Resistance in Sep/Oct and Uncharted in Nov/Dec. Wouldn't be that difficult.

A1cQLO64paL._AA1500_.jpg

Originally Posted by swendro88

?

Resistance in Sep/Oct and Uncharted in Nov/Dec. Wouldn't be that difficult.

First, this is Sony we are talking about, pushing back release dates are their specialty. Second, with  scheduled for next fall, lets face it, Resistance would get slaughtered and Uncharted 3 will not live up to its potential. (I'm talking strictly sales there, both these games will mostly likely get 90+ ratings) 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Anyone who thinks that both Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 is going to drop next fall is dreaming. It would not be surprising if both games slip to 2011. 

Ricardo Avalon! Haven't seen you in a while. Hope nothing but misfortune has befallen you since our last fire side chat.
If both games slip to 2011.... is that not next year?

So unusual to see you speak negatively towards games in here. Coincidentally, and I'm sure totally unrelated to your post, both of them being PS3 exclusives.

Even if both don't drop, I still have the satisfaction of playing Mass Effect 2 on PS3. You know, the game/franchise you kept saying would never be multi-platform. Remember? 

Speaking of which, RICKKKKYYYYYYYYYYYYY
[h1]Mass Effect 2 PS3 Release Date[/h1][h2]Get ready to take on the Collectors next month.[/h2][h2]December 9, 2010[/h2]

Electronic Arts
 has confirmed to IGN that Mass Effect 2 for PlayStation 3 will ship in the United States on Jan. 18. 2011 and Jan. 21 in Europe. 

Given that the first Mass Effect title will remain a Xbox 360 exclusive, EA and BioWare will include an interactive comic with the PS3 copies to help bridge the storylines. The choices made in the comic will carry over into your Mass Effect 2 playthrough. 

Mass Effect 2 for PS3 also includes the previously released downloadable content Lair of the Shadow Broker, Project Overlord, Kasumi: Stolen Memory and the Blood Dragon Armor on the Blu-ray disc. The Zaeed and Firewalker content is also accessible through the Cerberus Network

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Anyone who thinks that both Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 is going to drop next fall is dreaming. It would not be surprising if both games slip to 2011. 

Ricardo Avalon! Haven't seen you in a while. Hope nothing but misfortune has befallen you since our last fire side chat.
If both games slip to 2011.... is that not next year?

So unusual to see you speak negatively towards games in here. Coincidentally, and I'm sure totally unrelated to your post, both of them being PS3 exclusives.

Even if both don't drop, I still have the satisfaction of playing Mass Effect 2 on PS3. You know, the game/franchise you kept saying would never be multi-platform. Remember? 
Process it is nice to speak with again my good man. I hope this post sees you in good health and high spirits. I unsure you that is is strictly coincidence that both games are PS3 exclusives. 
And you are right, I did make a mistake by saying 2011, I meant 2012. Please excuse my careless mistake chap. 

Lastly I was incorrect about Mass Effect 2. I do hope to enjoy playing in January, it is a wonderful game, truly it is, which I enjoyed on my 360 a whole year prior to the PS3 release,  

just like I did Bioshock. Come to think out it almost like the Fallout 3 DLC, the Grand Theft DLC, and the COD maps packs, but you guys didn't have to wait a year for those. And I think it is really 

grand that EA will make sure you guys are up to speed  on the story with an extended intro. It is not like I needed that because you know I just played Mass Effect 1 
laugh.gif
. So hopefully I'm wrong 

about these games becuase it would bring me great pleasure to see Gears 3 sell more copies than Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 combined 
happy.gif

laugh.gif

I bet Gears will be amazing with no issues with multi-player what so ever. It's not like it has an awful track record with that kind of thing.
I find it humorous you go from touting Microsofts exclusivity just mere months ago, to now touting TIMED exclusivity.

Soon you're going to be amped when you get that sick exclusive t-shirt for your avatar that PS3 users did not get.

It's fine. You still have that amazingly bland Fable franchise, Halo, and Forza. 

Awesome news!
I wonder if UC3 is the big announcement Sony was planning to make on the "Save the Date" event that's going to happen this Sunday? Boost, can you confirm?

PO

laugh.gif

I bet Gears will be amazing with no issues with multi-player what so ever. It's not like it has an awful track record with that kind of thing.
I find it humorous you go from touting Microsofts exclusivity just mere months ago, to now touting TIMED exclusivity.

Soon you're going to be amped when you get that sick exclusive t-shirt for your avatar that PS3 users did not get.

It's fine. You still have that amazingly bland Fable franchise, Halo, and Forza. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Damn son the gloves off already

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Damn son the gloves off already

I was bored.
kanye_shrug.png

laugh.gif

[h1]http://kotaku.com/5711039/heads-roll-over-final-fantasy-xiv-ps3-version-delayed[/h1]
[h1]Heads Roll Over Final Fantasy XIV, PS3 Version Delayed[/h1]

Online game Final Fantasy XIV is a bit of a mess. Critics aren't thrilled, players aren't thrilled. Heck, even Square Enix isn't thrilled. Know what that means? Heads will roll. And they have.

Director Nobuaki Komoto and producer Hiromichi Tanaka are being taken off the game and replaced by Naoki Yoshida. In an official statement, Square Enix honcho Yoichi Wada describes Yoshida as "a passionate individual for whom customer satisfaction has always taken top priority".

Besides Yoshida, several "hand-picked" developers will join the existing team.

Previously, Wada came out and said Final Fantasy XIV "isn't satisfactory", and Square Enix is trying to fix the game.

In a statement issued today, Wada adds, "While more than two months have passed since the official launch of Final Fantasy XIV service, we deeply regret that the game has yet to achieve the level of enjoyability that Final Fantasy fans have come to expect from the franchise, and for this we offer our sincerest of apologies."

Square Enix is asking players to be patient until a concrete plan explaining the game's new direction. Until that time, the game's free trial period will be extended.

It's not only the PC version of the game that is experiencing troubles. The PS3 version, slated for release in March 2011, is being delayed.

"Regarding the PlayStation 3, it is not our wish to release a simple conversion of the Windows version in its current state, but rather an update that includes all the improvements we have planned," says Wada. "For that reason, we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of the PlayStation 3 version beyond the originally announced date of March 2011."

For a game as big as this, for a franchise as big as this, everything seems to have spun out of control. Square Enix is making tough decisions and taking action. It's now a matter of cleaning up the mess — and whether or not players are willing to wait.

FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone [The Lodestone]

Game is now free to play indefinitely and PS3 version delayed indefinitely
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

At least FF13-2 is coming
eyes.gif

Subscribe to TheFeed
Gran Turismo 5 Sells Over 5.5 Million Copies
sjohnson
5 Comments Posted 44 minutes ago - By Stephen Johnson

Gran Turismo 5 Reveals New Cars, Courses, Modes, and More

The ninth(!) installment in the popular racing series Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo 5, has sold over 5.5 million copies worldwide, according to Sony. Overall, the entire GT series has sold more than 60 million copies since the launch of the orginal Gran Turismo was released in 1997.

Gran Turismo, with its 1000 licensed cars, real-life tracks, well-worked-out physics and ton of features has essentially defined the racing genre for years, so much so that it makes it all but impossible for anyone to compete on the PlayStation system. Sure, 360 users get Forza, but it's almost like GT 5 is the entire "real racing" genre. Sure, there's a bunch arcade-style drivers, but, for the PS3, there's essentially only one game, and that's likely to continue.

I'm an unapologetic fanboy of the latest Gran Turismo game, but I understand a lot of people don't feel the same way I do. How about you? Are you into the real racing simulator?

Pretty damn good I must say.

Anybody know how much Forza 3 has sold to date? Last time I heard in the summer it was around 3 milli world wide?

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

EDIT again:

My 60 gig is done, yo. It was great while it lasted, but it's blu laser has left this world.
You getting a new one?
Or will you now become a ghost again for another 6 months?

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

[h1]http://kotaku.com/5711039/heads-roll-over-final-fantasy-xiv-ps3-version-delayed[/h1]
[h1]Heads Roll Over Final Fantasy XIV, PS3 Version Delayed[/h1]

Online game Final Fantasy XIV is a bit of a mess. Critics aren't thrilled, players aren't thrilled. Heck, even Square Enix isn't thrilled. Know what that means? Heads will roll. And they have.

Director Nobuaki Komoto and producer Hiromichi Tanaka are being taken off the game and replaced by Naoki Yoshida. In an official statement, Square Enix honcho Yoichi Wada describes Yoshida as "a passionate individual for whom customer satisfaction has always taken top priority".

Besides Yoshida, several "hand-picked" developers will join the existing team.

Previously, Wada came out and said Final Fantasy XIV "isn't satisfactory", and Square Enix is trying to fix the game.

In a statement issued today, Wada adds, "While more than two months have passed since the official launch of Final Fantasy XIV service, we deeply regret that the game has yet to achieve the level of enjoyability that Final Fantasy fans have come to expect from the franchise, and for this we offer our sincerest of apologies."

Square Enix is asking players to be patient until a concrete plan explaining the game's new direction. Until that time, the game's free trial period will be extended.

It's not only the PC version of the game that is experiencing troubles. The PS3 version, slated for release in March 2011, is being delayed.

"Regarding the PlayStation 3, it is not our wish to release a simple conversion of the Windows version in its current state, but rather an update that includes all the improvements we have planned," says Wada. "For that reason, we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of the PlayStation 3 version beyond the originally announced date of March 2011."

For a game as big as this, for a franchise as big as this, everything seems to have spun out of control. Square Enix is making tough decisions and taking action. It's now a matter of cleaning up the mess — and whether or not players are willing to wait.

FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone [The Lodestone]

Game is now free to play indefinitely and PS3 version delayed indefinitely
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

Is this the beginning of the end? 
frown.gif
laugh.gif

It appears alot is riding on Versus and XIII-2. Square-Enix, I offer my advice free of charge. First, do XV as a fan service, similiar to how IX was done as a fan service. Put things in the game that fans have come to expect, then build around that.

I always think that no matter how bad it gets, they always have a certified way of printing cash. VII or Tactics HD remakes.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Anybody know how much Forza 3 has sold to date? Last time I heard in the summer it was around 3 milli world wide?
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/06/...ghly-4-million-copies-worldwide-since-launch/
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/06/...ghly-4-million-copies-worldwide-since-launch/Says 4 Million in June 2010 (8 months being out).

5 million max now? Thats just a guess.
maybe 4.5 million turn 10 re-release the game with all the DLC with several new cars this October

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

[h1]http://kotaku.com/5711039/heads-roll-over-final-fantasy-xiv-ps3-version-delayed[/h1]Game is now free to play indefinitely and PS3 version delayed indefinitely
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

Is this the beginning of the end? 
frown.gif
laugh.gif

It appears alot is riding on Versus and XIII-2. Square-Enix, I offer my advice free of charge. First, do XV as a fan service, similiar to how IX was done as a fan service. Put things in the game that fans have come to expect, then build around that.

I always think that no matter how bad it gets, they always have a certified way of printing cash. VII or Tactics HD remakes.

but you dont explain how your advice is going to make the game appeal to western market xbox owners
indifferent.gif

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Its weird, though, because 360 had ALL the JRPG's a couple years back... you couldn't find anything decent on PS3. So either all those titles didnt sell well, or SE is just doing it wrong. Or probably a combination of both.

Back
Top Bottom