PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

nerd.gif

[h2]More possible characters for Mortal Kombat 2011 leaked from MK9 website[/h2]
December 8th, 2010 @ 14:37
By Stephany Nunneley

mk11.jpg

Some voice into clips for more possible Mortal Kombat 2011 characters popped up on the lovely internet today, and if the voices are accurate, it looks like the roster for Netherrealm Studios’s newest fighter is filling out rather well.

If you wish to remain pure, don’t look below the break.

According to a post over on Evil Avatar, the fighting intro sequences feature quotes for: Ermac, Goro, Kabal, Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Sindel, Smoke and Stryker.  Sektor is also mentioned.

An announcer in a voice file also mentions Test Your Might and Brutalities.

Since the information came from a few sound files, it’s uncertain if the information listed in this post will be in the final product, so just keep that in mind when reading all of this.

Here is what the following roster looks like so far if the sound files are any indication:
  • Shao Khan
  • Sonya
  • Cyrax
  • Scorpion
  • Subby wubby
  • Sektor
  • Reptile
  • Mileena
  • Jax
  • Kung Lao
  • Shang Tsung
  • Stryker
  • Kabal
  • Quan Chi
  • Kitana
  • Johnny Cage
  • Nightwolf
  • Ermac
  • Sindel
  • Noob
  • Smoke
  • Goro
  • Liu Kang
  • Raiden
Apparently, what happened was Netherrealm was updating the Mortal Kombat site and forgot to “lock out some of the content temporarily, allowing savvy users to browse the directories freely

[h1]http://kotaku.com/5709306/final-fantasy-viiis-other-main-character-joins-dissidia-duodecim[/h1]
[h1]Final Fantasy VIII's Other Main Character Joins Dissidia Duodecim[/h1]

Some people forget that Final Fantasy VIII had a second main character to complement Squall Leonhart. Square Enix reminds them by adding Laguna Loire to the fighting roster of Dissidia 012[Duodecim].

When I say some people, I include myself. I replayed Final Fantasy VIII on the PSP earlier this year and found myself completely surprised when play shifted over to the trio of Laguna, Kiros, and Ward. Hopefully the appearance of the president of Esthar in the sequel to Square Enix's PSP Final Fantasy fighting game will help cement Squall's possible father in my memory.

Check out the scan from Japan's Weekly Shonen Jump for a look at Laguna's flashy special attacks. Thanks to SlicedBread for pointing us to the image!

still haven't bought a PS3 yet...am waiting to see if the new Getaway (a MGS5 would be nice too) will be revived at E3 2011.

Also interested in their future exclusives: "The Last Guardian", Level-5's "Ni No Kuni", "Final Fantasy XIII Versus", and that "Agent" project Sony is working on with R* North

Originally Posted by infam0usP

still haven't bought a PS3 yet...am waiting to see if the new Getaway (a MGS5 would be nice too) will be revived at E3 2011.

Also interested in their future exclusives: "The Last Guardian", Level-5's "Ni No Kuni", "Final Fantasy XIII Versus", and that "Agent" project Sony is working on with R* North
Thanks for sharing.

[h2]Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception revealed in EW report, confirmed for 2011 – teaser inside[/h2]
December 9th, 2010 @ 14:18
By Johnny Cullen

uncharted-3.jpg

Holy balls, Nate! Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception has just been revealed in a just-published Entertainment Weekly report.

It will take place in the desert, as previously thought, and willfeature Nathan Drake as he searches for a lost city which will see himat he Arabian Peninsula and the vast wasteland of the Rub’ al KhaliDesert, with deception being a key theme to Uncharted 3’s story.

“When we first came up with the idea of sand, you see everyone’seyes light up here and go, ‘Yeah, that’s going to be really hard —let’s do it!’,

Uncharted is easily my favorite video game series right now...

no disrespect to metal gear solid...

[h1]Uncharted 3 Live Demo on Late Night[/h1][h2]Drake making his TV debut.[/h2][h2]December 9, 2010[/h2]

The first public demo of the newly announced Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception will debut on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon next week. 

Fallon confirmed the news over Twitter this morning, telling gamers to set their DVR's to record his show this coming Monday, Dec. 13. 

Uncharted 3 is just one of many gaming-related products that have appeared on the show. In the past year alone, Fallon invited Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime for a demo of Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kudo Tsunoda from Microsoft to show off Kinect, and Epic Games' Cliff Bleszinski to announce Gears of War 3.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jimmy Fallon is an %+!-clown, but I'll tune in. Uncharted series has been unreal thus far.

I just got done with 2.... The game is 
pimp.gif
and the graphics are crazy.

No doubt they come correct with 3.

i dont think kratos is a secret character. he can only be used in versus mode, not story cause they dont have a story for him.

and other news

storm and crimson viper are confirmed in MVC3

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via computerandvideogames.com

EA vows to 'make a better game' than Call of Duty
15-EA-Games-Pack.jpg

EA big man John Riccitiello has a plan to beat Activision's genre-dominating FPS, Call of Duty. Simply, he plans to "make a better game." Then, get this - he's going to "make a better game again."

Riccitiello's confident EA can do just that, too. "If I had to pick the story I'd like to play out next year is we ship a 90 [Metacritic scoring game] and they ship an 85," he said told Kotaku, later pointing out that both CoD: Black Ops and DICE's Battlefield: Bad Company 2 both have an 88 average review score on Metacritic.

"[Activision has] an awful lot of momentum without heir brand, no doubt. What I've witnessed a couple of times in the games industry is the way you unseat a market leader is you make a better game a couple of times in a row," he said, explaining the logic behind his earlier comments.

Think EA's CoD challenger and you'd probably think Medal of Honor. But that's not the series Riccitiello says will spearhead EA's attack. It's Battlefield 3.

"Our next game [Battlefield 3] is being built on the second generation of Frostbite which I think is at least in my opinion is a class act for FPS. I think we're going to lift the game pretty dramatically in the first-person shooter category," he said.

"I have great expectations to do a lot better in 2011 than in 2010 on the strength of a couple of products like Bulletstorm and Crysis [2], but most importantly for us, Battlefield 3, which I feel incredibly good about."

Can Battlefield topple the CoD legacy?

You wanna beat Call of Duty? Take COD4 gameplay, sprinkle MW2 killstreaks, mix a lil bit of Black Ops balance and slap a EA tag on the box art, finish. Or you could just higher IW to make your next FPS.

Didn't they pretty much do that? Respawn 
nerd.gif

theyre just a "partner" to help publish and fund respawns next game, its not really EA's game and they dont own it

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

Wont they probably distribute the game as well?
yeah, but its still not their game in the same way that EA publishes and distributes Valves games

a game made by EA is made by one of its owned studios, like DICE

Anyone who thinks that both Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 is going to drop next fall is dreaming. It would not be surprising if both games slip to 2012. 

Back
Top Bottom