PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Anybody still got GTA IV? I'm down for some multiplayer destruction
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Anybody still got GTA IV? I'm down for some multiplayer destruction
laugh.gif

I'm down and have been playing the OG game & episodes a lot lately.

^^
Early pick-up for me as well.
_'s still playing the beta, I'm off this weekend & I'm about to go in! Let's GO! BTW, Boost where is the official thread?

PO

^ Nice! I hate that damn move logo on box covers now though.

...now give me your socom beta code.

Originally Posted by PO2345

^^
Early pick-up for me as well.
_'s still playing the beta, I'm off this weekend & I'm about to go in! Let's GO! BTW, Boost where is the official thread?

PO
eek.gif
Wow. You must have some good connections.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

$299 is an awesome price, day one for sure (if it stays at $299).

Yea at $300 thats a good price for the features you get on the device 
I definitely feel sony will price it at $300-$350 because anything over that would not make sense 

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Is anyone else tired of first person shooters?

Somewhat, I'm actually debating if I should get KZ3 or not. But I'm also a little 'bleh' on a lot of genres, actually.

I have a somewhat short attention span for video games now, it seems.

I loved Dead Space 1 and 2, but haven't finished either. Loved Red Dead Redemption, still need to finish it. Never finished Bad Company 2's single player campaign, or Medal of Honor's single player campaign, or Black Ops' campaign. Or Killzone 2's campaign. I get FPS' for the multiplayer, but Black Ops was so terrible, it's turned me off of FPS right now.

Gran Turismo 5 was the first GT I've ever bought, and I love it, so I've been playing that a ton. Choosing to try that genre for the first time really made a difference.

I also bought Minecraft last week, and have been enjoying that. It's like Lego, but you can do pretty much anything you want. Takes me back.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Somewhat, I'm actually debating if I should get KZ3 or not. But I'm also a little 'bleh' on a lot of genres, actually.

I loved Dead Space 1 and 2, but haven't finished either. Loved Red Dead Redemption, still need to finish it. Never finished Bad Company 2's single player campaign, or Medal of Honor's single player campaign, or Black Ops' campaign.

I ">

I know what you guys mean. I suffer from a short attention span as well.

I kinda feel like i played so much of the killzone beta (~9 hours) that I've burnt myself out and have no need to buy the full game.

dead space one = bout halfway through campaign I quit. I'm not going to bother with DS2.

RDR got about 4 hours in before i started skipping cut scenes. finished it.

BC2 never even bothered starting campaign.

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

I loved Dead Space 1 and 2, but haven't finished either. Loved Red Dead Redemption, still need to finish it. Never finished Bad Company 2's single player campaign, or Medal of Honor's single player campaign, or Black Ops' campaign.

I ">

I know what you guys mean. I suffer from a short attention span as well.

I kinda feel like i played so much of the killzone beta (~9 hours) that I've burnt myself out and have no need to buy the full game.

dead space one = bout halfway through campaign I quit. I'm not going to bother with DS2.

RDR got about 4 hours in before i started skipping cut scenes. finished it.

BC2 never even bothered starting campaign.
yep, that why me and my friends just buy the same game so we can hop in the room together and just BS, we usually are tired as hell from work and we just like to BS while playing games, we get too single player whenever we have free time but ya, all these games after awhile seem to all play alike now, especially FPS ....can't wait for SOCOM 4 tho....
devil.gif

Yeah I know what you mean. 2 year ago I copped MW2 after Christmas when Best Buy had it on sale for $40 bucks and less than  a week later I wasn't feeling it all and resold the game on craigslist. I mean honestly I just suck at multi player for FPS games and unless the story or campaign mode is good then I won't play the game that long. I mean heck I got KZ2 used for $19 and it somewhat kind of got me back in the mood to play a FPS. Yeah also playing the KZ3 open beta turned me off and made me cancel my pre order with amazon. Last year also I got Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $40 bucks didn't open it for a month and then went to a Best Buy store opening and managed to return & exchange it without a receipt and didn't even buy it from Best Buy for Red Dead Remption brand new right after it came a few days.

I played the 1st Resistance game because for awhile after the PS3 launched it was literally the only good game playing on the PS3 back then. Didn't even bother playing Resistance 2. Got Medal Of Honor last year for also $40 bucks and beat the story mode in  a week and ended up trading it for Mafia 2 with a person off my local craigslist.

But yeah Uncharted 1 & 2 action adventure type shooter are the shooter games I like and will get into.

It just seems that this console generation the industry is just focused on milking the FPS franchises because of the success of Call Of Duty.

Last generation on PS2 the consumer such had a great selection of different game genres to choose from. The PS3 is somewhat slowly getting back to that this generation.

After watching this vid I can see how the Move could dominate online.
With a DS3 you gotta get the target in the middle of the screen. With the move you just point to where the enemy is on the screen.

Only drawback looks like turning.

from PS blog

[h1]PixelJunk Shooter 2 Will Be Released March 1st![/h1]
Posted by Dylan Cuthbert // President and Executive Producer, Q-Games Ltd.

Hey PixelJunkies, the date has been set in stone – PixelJunk Shooter 2 will be released exclusively to PlayStation Network on March 1st! The glowing previews should begin flying in soon too (fingers crossed)!

Compared to the original, this game is packed even more full of lovely gushing liquid action across three entirely new worlds, and there is a whole new game in itself with the online versus mode we have put in there (over 20 weapons and abilities for you to use against your opponent!). This is why it has taken a little longer than expected to get this into your hands, but we’re really happy that now, after winging its way through the digital tapestry called “game submission,

Anyone thinking about getting Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 or Top Spin 4 next month? I might skip MLB 11 The Show for one of these games if amazon doesn't offer a future credit for The Show because last year I saw The Show drop down to the $39 price range real quick after it came out.

I have the PS Move and want to see how these games use it.

Tiger Woods 11 had a horrible patch that used PS Move. This year Tiger Woods 12 has The Masters.

Right now amazon is offering $10 future credit on both game for pre ordering either one of the games.

For those who care, GameStop gave me $40 for my copy of Black Ops.  $25 regularly + $12.50 trade-in promotion + $2.50 rewards card.
I'm not sure how long the promotion lasts, but I would check it out.

Alex

Back
Top Bottom