PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Any more information on Dead nation? Heard the game was getting more then just voice chat. Wouldnt mind going back and running threw it one more time

Originally Posted by TBwsf

Any more information on Dead nation? 
Voice chat - online co-op voice chat added. When voice chat is in use custom background music is disabled.

Checkpoint save - The game now saves your progress in checkpoints, so you can quit and continue from the last checkpoint (only in local campaign modes)

Display settings - Added a display settings menu with a calibration screen and a background brightness adjustment.

Laser sights - Jack and Scarlett now have their own unique laser sight colours. You can nowalso buy a laser sight for your SMG, Shotgun or Blade Cannon from the weapon shops.

Game statistics - You are now able to view detailed personal statistics from the menu.

Bullet hits on screen - Bullets no longer hit cars beyond the screen, reducing chances of accidentally blowing them up (and losing the loot inside)

Saves can be copied - Game saves can now be copied and used by the same user.

Bombie visuals - Added gas effect to help notice when a Bombie is so damaged its 3 seconds away from exploding.

Health visuals - Health meter now flashes red when taking damage.

Rush visuals - Rush meter now flashes when its ready to use.

Thanks joe. Not much of a reason to go back. Loved the game though might just re-play for the hell of it

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 x WarTapes = mind, blown.

+plus home theater + hardcore mode
=
YES!

Hearing the tank tank coming
nerd.gif
You don't know where it is but you know it close. Choppers flying over your head.
eek.gif
Gets pretty intense

Battlefield> COD

I play on 360 tho.

but i've been hooked on Battlefield 1943 on ps3 again lately.

Can someone please explain why anyone thinks that Battlefield footage is mind blowing?
OH MY GOD!?!?!? IT PLAYS LIKE EVERY FPS BEFORE IT! THE GRAPHICS LOOKS A SLIVER BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE!!!! WOW!

YOU GET A GUN AND SHOOT THINGS!?

bruce-conner-design-for-mankind-bombhead-412x516-1.jpg

Originally Posted by swendro88

+plus home theater + hardcore mode
=
YES!

Hearing the tank tank coming
nerd.gif
You don't know where it is but you know it close. Choppers flying over your head.
eek.gif
Gets pretty intense

Battlefield> COD
Its not just the vehicles, but every little thing sounds so much better with war tapes on. your equipment rattling around as you walk/run, the gunfire/explosions at a distance, bullets pinging off the rocks around you as you get shot at.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Sniper duels are so intense because of war tapes. Seeing each other through scopes from literally miles away, you see the muzzle flash then hear the gunshot several seconds later....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The celebration continues as the award-winning titles will be featured during the first week of our Spring Fever event, kicking off tomorrow, with the winning games discounted 30% in the PlayStation Store and available for a 50% discount to PlayStation Plus subscribers.

As winner of the Gamer's Choice award, Dead Nation goes on sale tomorrow as part of Sony's annual Spring Fever event:
Link:

http://blog.us.playstatio...amers-choice-awards-are/

If it's $7 to $10 bucks I will finally cop Dead Nation.

i wish when you download a patch you can play a other game while you wait (download in background) it should be that way for plus users

Is a price drop for the PS3 gonna happen soon? I wanna cop for Mortal Kombat.

probably ^

amazon and best buy giving 50$ gift cards right now

if you know how to talk you can get someone at best buy to use the 50$ towards the ps3 and get it for 249.99 it works i worked there when we were giving 100$ gift cards during the holidays and people were getting 199.99 ps3

how's the community for cod 4? black ops is unbearable and i'm gettin bored with mw2
is there still alot of ppl online?

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Can someone please explain why anyone thinks that Battlefield footage is mind blowing?
OH MY GOD!?!?!? IT PLAYS LIKE EVERY FPS BEFORE IT! THE GRAPHICS LOOKS A SLIVER BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE!!!! WOW!

bruce-conner-design-for-mankind-bombhead-412x516-1.jpg
That's every FPS concept than, from Call of Duty series, Killzone series, Socom series etc, "get a gun, shoot things", but that's mostly the only thing these shooters share, they're FPS. They're other shared similarities, but in most cases developers handle them differently, IE: MW2 and Bad Company 2 are FPS, but don't look or play the same.
Speaking from a PC POV the wow factor is the graphics. These graphics are not just a "sliver", but beyond anything available on the console market right now. No console FPS can compete graphically with Crysis or BF3 right now. Even Killzone 3 graphics (which doesn't look all that impressive IMO) doesn't even come close to the trailers or shaky cams of BF3 (or Crysis), and KZ3 is considers to be the best looking FPS on consoles. Crysis is the PC graphic king right now, based on what people saw at GDC, BF3 running in real-time, in alpha mode destroys Crysis. 

Also the FrostBite 2.0 engine is probably the best multilayer engine on the market; realistic lighting effects, weather changes, sound effects and tier level of destruction. Far as console goes, it doesnt look nearly as great as it's PC counterpart but it's still an impressive engine nevertheless. I would trade in a lil of MW2 graphics for some building destruction but if you did that, it will completely change the landscape of Call of Duties gameplay. 

Originally Posted by young dunny

how's the community for cod 4? black ops is unbearable and i'm gettin bored with mw2
is there still alot of ppl online?

knuckleheads be playing for reals.

no host migration so if host leaves the game ends.

can't play hardcore without team killers.

besides those two things it's all G.

That's every FPS concept than, from Call of Duty series, Killzone series, Socom series etc, "get a gun, shoot things", but that's mostly the only thing these shooters share, they're FPS. They're other shared similarities, but in most cases developers handle them differently, IE: MW2 and Bad Company 2 are FPS, but don't look or play the same.
Speaking from a PC POV the wow factor is the graphics. These graphics are not just a "sliver", but beyond anything available on the console market right now. No console FPS can compete graphically with Crysis or BF3 right now. Even Killzone 3 graphics (which doesn't look all that impressive IMO) doesn't even come close to the trailers or shaky cams of BF3 (or Crysis), and KZ3 is considers to be the best looking FPS on consoles. Crysis is the PC graphic king right now, based on what people saw at GDC, BF3 running in real-time, in alpha mode destroys Crysis. 

Also the FrostBite 2.0 engine is probably the best multilayer engine on the market; realistic lighting effects, weather changes, sound effects and tier level of destruction. Far as console goes, it doesnt look nearly as great as it's PC counterpart but it's still an impressive engine nevertheless. I would trade in a lil of MW2 graphics for some building destruction but if you did that, it will completely change the landscape of Call of Duties gameplay. 

Yeah and right now they are only showing campaign stuff. Battlefield is all about the multiplayer. Take what you see in that video (destruction, graphics, etc.) and imagine 64 players running around. It is going to blow every other shooter out of the water.

Originally Posted by swendro88

Yeah and right now they are only showing campaign stuff. Battlefield is all about the multiplayer. Take what you see in that video (destruction, graphics, etc.) and imagine 64 players running around. It is going to blow every other shooter out of the water.

Alright, I'll take your word for it. I just remember playing the last two Bad Company games and really, they are fun but nothing original.
Good for PC, but will this really be that huge a leap on console? They are already saying Crysis 2 look average on PS3...

Mortal Kombat is back. It's worth it, plus whatever else Sony drops in 3 months (IE: LA Noire demo) ill rep the benefits too.

I wouldn't hold my breath about Rock* dropping a LA Noire demo.

They usually don't have demos for their big titles. There wasn't a GTA IV or RDR demo so I would be surprised if they made one for LA Noire.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Mortal Kombat is back. It's worth it, plus whatever else Sony drops in 3 months (IE: LA Noire demo) ill rep the benefits too.

I wouldn't hold my breath about Rock* dropping a LA Noire demo.

They usually don't have demos for their big titles. There wasn't a GTA IV or RDR demo so I would be surprised if they made one for LA Noire.

Yup.

Early demos & betas that I'm looking forward to are:

-Twisted Metal
- Infamous 2
- Resistance 3
- Uncharted 3
- Socom 4

Had this game since release date and just now discovered this...smh.

Audio perfection.

Back
Top Bottom