PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

so wait, i gotta get a disc from netflix in order to stream movies to my ps3?

yeah, its using bdlive in order to connect to the internet, what im reading on other sites is that this is pretty much the same software that comes withnetflix enabled blu-ray players

people are guessing that an app isnt ready for the ps3's firmware yet and that one will come soon, thats why in the press release they say"initially... ps3 owners will need"

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

so wait, i gotta get a disc from netflix in order to stream movies to my ps3?

yeah, its using bdlive in order to connect to the internet, what im reading on other sites is that this is pretty much the same software that comes with netflix enabled blu-ray players

people are guessing that an app isnt ready for the ps3's firmware yet and that one will come soon, thats why in the press release they say "initially... ps3 owners will need"

Well how does it work normally with Netflix online? You the monthly fee and you can just watch as many movies as you want instead of like with DVDs where youhave to return it in order to watch another one? That seems like an awesome thing for only $9 a month.

Like Fongstar said, just beat Uncharted 2.... crazy game.

I don't know if I will be able to beat it on Crushing, though.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Netflix deal work as $8.99 for unlimited streaming of movies to your PS3. The disc is just a one time use for BDLive internet access. This is one hell of adeal.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Netflix deal work as $8.99 for unlimited streaming of movies to your PS3. The disc is just a one time use for BDLive internet access. This is one hell of a deal.
im reading that youre going to need it every time until theres a firmware update for netflix, still no big deal

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Netflix deal work as $8.99 for unlimited streaming of movies to your PS3. The disc is just a one time use for BDLive internet access. This is one hell of a deal.

going to need a bigger HDD for this
pimp.gif
. as well as my PS3. SMH

[h3]Nathan Drake Voice Actor Wants To Reprise Role For Uncharted Movie[/h3]

comment_icon.png
4 Comments Posted 1 hour 6 mins ago - By Jake Gaskill

Uncharted-2-Review.jpg

You might not know Nolan North by name, but you definitely know his voice, as he's had staring roles in such hit games as the Uncharted series, Assassin's Creed, The Prince of Persia, Shadow Complex, as well as having bit parts in a ton of other high profile games (Check out his IMDB�page for the full list). But it's his latest work on Naughty Dog's Uncharted 2: Among Thieves that brings North to our attention today, because, as he told the Official PlayStation Blog during a recent podcast (via Edge Magazine), he would very much like to play the series' main adventurer in the big screen adaption of the game that was announced earlier in the year.

"I want to do the movie. I mean I would love to do it as Nathan Drake and if I keep getting such recognition as bringing this character to life like no one else can, I would love to play myself. But I've been in this business for long time now and I've done film, I've done television and I understand the realities of the business," North said.

Considering that the now hunky Jake Gyllenhaal was cast to star as the Prince in the film adaptation of Prince of Persia, it wouldn't be that surprising if Uncharted's producers decided to go with a big name actor to bring Nathan Drake to the silver screen, even though North most recently portrayed the character in Ubisoft's 2008 title. And actually, North has already decided who he would like to play Drake should he not get the part.

"I would love them to get Hugh Jackman if they're not going to use me… I think the producers really would like to see Jackman because… he has that tough guy exterior but… there's a lot going on behind his eyes. There's a lot of emotion and sensitivity on that brusque exterior. And he has great comic timing. I mean he's a phenomenal actor and I just hope that I get a part in the movie where I get to work with Hugh."

http://

Nothing against Jackman, but I think he's a bit too brawny for Drake. Granted, Drake isn't quite as nerdy as Indiana Jones, but he still has to have that kind of "normal guy" feel. And watching Weapon X muscling his way through temples just doesn't strike me as the right vibe for the movie. Then again, I am no longer a big shot Hollywood producer, so what do I know?

Do you think North should be given a shot to star as Drake? If not, who would you like to see cast in his place?

. Subscribe to TheFeed
[h3]http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7...2-Features-Third-Person-Multiplayer-Mode.html[/h3]
[h3]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Features Third-Person Multiplayer Mode?[/h3]

comment_icon.png
38 Comments Posted 4 hours 59 mins ago - By Jake Gaskill

http://www.youtube.com/v/fePUM0u5cuY&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/fePUM0u5cuY&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/fePUM0u5cuY&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/fePUM0u5cuY&hl=en&fs=1&
Remember how "surprised" we all were when the newest trailer for Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 revealed that at least some portions of the game will take place in a bombed-out Washington D.C.? Well, depending on how you feel about MW multiplayer, this latest rumor/kind of confirmed revelation might just headshot your surprise zone: Modern Warfare 2 seems to include a third-person multiplayer mode.

Over the weekend, gaming site Kombo posted a video that showed several MW2 multiplayer matches being played from a third-person perspective. Shortly thereafter, a screenshot of multiplayer game modes popped up, which included a mode called "3rd person team deathmatch." While Activision has yet to official confirm the mode, IW's community manager Robert Bowling (aka fourtwozero) posted the following to his Twitter account yesterday: "Just an FYI, if you're wanting a spoiler free and pure Modern Warfare 2 experience, now would be a good time for a media blackout."

This could all be part of some elaborate ruse on Activision's part, so until we hear something more official, don't place any bets just yet. Although, in the meantime, it is probably worth discussing what this move to the third-person might represent for IW should it end up being true. Is this an attempt to attract Gears of War and SOCOM fans? Are there gamers who only play third-person multiplayer games, and if there are, is a single multiplayer mode really going to be enough to persuade them to buy a game they might otherwise have avoided, since the game is a first-person shooter 99.95 percent of the time?

Lots of questions, folks. So have at it.

We already had Netflix... You guys stay catching up
laugh.gif

What next? You guys going to have Facebook?

And the ones saying it's stupid will be eeking when it drops for PS3...

Womp Womp.

Originally Posted by nnarum

laugh.gif

Womp Womp.
Free PSN + Netflix account>>>>Paying for XBL GOLD+ Netflix account

What exactly are you paying for on XBL??

$4/mo for cross game invites, and the privilege to access/use content on the disc that's free to the PS3????

laugh.gif

Womp Womp.

Says one of ten people who actually enjoyed GTA 4.

Why would I want Facebook on my system when I have a computer in my den, a laptop 10 ft from my PS3, and a Blackberry?
laugh.gif

"Oh +$@%! Just got a new trophy, better Facebook that ASAP!"

Damn, you dudes still argue about which system is better... cmonnnnnn

cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

cmon..

Originally Posted by Kickology

laugh.gif

Womp Womp.
Free PSN + Netflix account>>>>Paying for XBL GOLD+ Netflix account

What exactly are you paying for on XBL??

$4/mo for cross game invites, and the privilege to access/use content on the disc that's free to the PS3????
To get everything before you guys .

roll.gif
@ all these randoms who don't know nnarum.

It's jokes. If he doesn't come in here at least once a month to rip on PS3, I'd be worried.

That said, no one likes Rusty Shackleford AKA Richardo Avalon AKA Ricky The Dragon Steamboat AKA Ricky Badman. He can go fall off the Earth.

Today must've been Canadian National Beat Uncharted 2 Day today, as I, too, just completed the campaign.

It was a terrific game, and I'm gonna work towards that platinum trophy, but the feeling I had beating this game come nowhere near to how awestruck I wasat MGS4 as a whole.

MGS4 is still the best single player game I've played on PS3, with UC2 at #2.

laugh.gif

Womp Womp.
mj08di.gif

Tell em why you mad son!

I got tekken 6 and unfortunately while the gameplay is great I'm severely disappointed with the game graphically. Blocky unsmooth textures on thecharacters are unacceptable with the hype for the game. I mean its Tekken. I remember when E3 2006 was showing such a great trailer for this game and peoplewere hyped beyond anything before. I don't even think this game is HD.
Sorry for the rant but I am disappointed visually. Gameplay wise its really good tho

Back
Top Bottom