PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Via electronictheatre.co.uk

Microsoft UK Reacts to PlayStation Network Outage
4256488028_ac0d0827ba.jpg

The PlayStation Network issues currently plaguing gamers throughout the globe could not have come at a worse time. Not only are there a number of high profile titles arriving on retail shelves, but also in the UK it’s a Bank Holiday weekend, meaning there was likely to be a large number of gamers heading online. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) have been reluctant to discuss the issues any more than is absolutely necessary, however things are a bit different in the Microsoft camp. Following the launch of the Xbox Nations online event yesterday, which will see millions of gamers invited to play online for free this weekend, the Xbox 360 is almost certain to see record numbers of gamers flock online, especially considering the big name titles that launched in the past week. When approaching Microsoft, Electronic Theatre was offered the following comment.

Of course it’s regretful that Sony is encountering issues at such a busy time, and Microsoft takes no joy in the problems gamers are having playing their favourite games online". Stated the representative of Microsoft’s distribution network. That being said, we are expecting Microsoft’s robust online network to see an increase of traffic from those gamers who own both systems. Being able to play their games via the Xbox LIVE network could make all the difference for some gamers, and the Xbox Nations event will allow all of them to do just that – whether they have a Gold subscription or not.

Does the source of the attack even matter? The fact is that the psn is down. Whoever is responsible is laughing their #+! off since their hack worked. Mission accomplished.

Via skattertech.com

PlayStation Network Goes Down, Anonymous Is Not Responsible
sony-playstation-logo-660x330.jpg

Wednesday, the Sony PlayStation Network and official website are suffering from severe down time. The official blog first reported the outages two days ago. Although Sony has assured the gamer community they are hard at work to remedy the situation, things do not look promising.

Yesterday, Patrick Seybold, Senior Director of Corporate Communications and Social Media, alerted players via the Official PlayStation blog, “that it may be a full day or two before [Sony is] able to get the service completely back up and running

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via skattertech.com

PlayStation Network Goes Down, Anonymous Is Not Responsible
sony-playstation-logo-660x330.jpg

Wednesday, the Sony PlayStation Network and official website are suffering from severe down time. The official blog first reported the outages two days ago. Although Sony has assured the gamer community they are hard at work to remedy the situation, things do not look promising.

Yesterday, Patrick Seybold, Senior Director of Corporate Communications and Social Media, alerted players via the Official PlayStation blog, “that it may be a full day or two before [Sony is] able to get the service completely back up and running

the part i love is how hes talking "we're trying to find out who they are.... and do what we can to help them"

i dont expect anything close to 10 years for guilty charges, but if somehow guilty people do receive close to 10 yrs, its like - good luck helping them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

the part i love is how hes talking "we're trying to find out who they are.... and do what we can to help them"

i dont expect anywhere near 10 years for guilty charges, but if somehow guilty people do receive close to 10 yrs, its like - good luck helping them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't want to put on a tin foil hat on, but the internet leaves traces. And like any crime, someone will give you up. You are only as strong as your weakest link.

speculation right now is that modders who had their ps3s turned into rebug units and were playing in the dev network had free access to everything on the psn store

its possible that sony has shut down the entire psn in order to solve the problem

It looks like it Sony took down the PSN network not because of hackers attacking the servers, but of the people using the debug firmware.
Sony didn't care as much that these people were bypassing PSN to Play on developer servers, but what they did with the playstation store
Apparently these people figured out how to give themselfs an unlimited amount of developer funds AKA fake money to buy out the whole store. They didn't stop there, they also started to sent chain letters that promised 500$ if you send the message to 10 other friends but this time the chain letters worked adding the money to your account. They took it a step further they started to sign in with other peoples accounts and maxing out funds.

Not a PSN user or PS3 owner, 360  fanboy here.
But I feel for you guys, a lot of my boys are stuck at home bored since they beat all their single player PS3 games already.

Also I doubt Anon is responsible, yeah they've done some wild stuff before but take down a whole network? Yeah right  
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ErickM713

But I feel for you guys, a lot of my boys are stuck at home bored since they beat all their single player PS3 games already.

Also I doubt Anon is responsible, yeah they've done some wild stuff before but take down a whole network? Yeah right  
grin.gif

laugh.gif
Its that serious? Remember when people used to go over to each other houses to play games together?

Anyways, I haven't been too bothered by PSN being down. The only game I recently played online was KZ3 and i put that weak !%!! down after about 3 weeks
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by ErickM713

grin.gif

laugh.gif
Its that serious? Remember when people used to go over to each other houses to play games together?
Some people are hermits, I feel bad for them 
laugh.gif

This why Im playing 2k11 but on xbox live don't jus have to play single player stay online.... This is trash tryin to play more ps3 especially this week since I grabbed the socom bundle and kombat3 since they were 3d to play on my tv now can't play online garbage bak to xbox..

why? ^ ^

i had my ps3 2 or 3 years before i bought a xbox slim just a few months ago...and honestly xbox is better in every way, the party chat, installing games, the look of the layout...ps3 layout looks poor...my xbox was father away from my wifi and it connects in 1 second compared to my ps3 being 2 rooms and being in a open room taking multiple times to connect

ps3 better start charging to play or do something if its needed, and why do these people want unlimted funds to psn store...it doesnt have as many games as xbox store...i had 150$ psn dollars to spend in 3 days and i couldnt even figure out what to buy after spending like 50$

Back
Top Bottom