PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

sony f'd up big time

I wonder what Sony's PR are going to offer us.

I dont really want anything but im not going to turn it down.

But if they give something to PS users, i expect double for PS+ users.

^ Because one day, your PS3 fat might YLOD, unfortunately.
frown.gif

The amount of info possibly compromised sucks.
30t6p3b.gif
Good thing my main PSN account is technically a dummy account. I just need my password changed. They can have the $4.15 in my wallet. Poor $@%.
laugh.gif
PSN cards ftw!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TeemOhtee

How do I file a suit against sony??

for what?  for them possibly allowing your information to be stolen?

we still dont know all the details yet, we dont even know if everyones info was jacked yet

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Good thing my main PSN account is technically a dummy account. I just need my password changed. They can have the $4.15 in my wallet. Poor $@&#%.
laugh.gif
PSN cards ftw!
pimp.gif
thanks, maybe something i need to be considering.
are there any advantages to keeping my Fat? Other than having to shell out the cash to cover the cost of the Slim?

seems to operate fine other than the random freezing that comes with playing Black Ops...

and I had $16 in my PSN wallet...Im ready for war...

...anyone thinking abt just cancelling their card?

For the people looking to switch it up there are already a few shooters out that are as good or better. You just have to understand that the only game that plays like COD is COD. Every other shooter will be a different experience entirely. Bad Company 2, Crysis 2, Killzone 2, and Halo Reach (XBOX) are all outstanding shooters.

Oh and look out for "Brink" next month
pimp.gif

Man this sucks Sony better seriously do something to take care of the PS+ subscribers and also the normal PSN users should get something.

I don't know if Sony would have just left on the "Install other OS" feature on the PS3 if the HACKERS would have gone this far with the hacking and shutting down the PSN.

Via blog.us.playstation.com
PSN Hack Update: Stolen Information Detailed, Partly Up Within A Week

Update on PlayStation Network and Qriocity

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the current outage of PlayStation Network & Qriocity services. We are currently working to send a similar message to the one below via email to all of our registered account holders regarding a compromise of personal information as a result of an illegal intrusion on our systems. These malicious actions have also had an impact on your ability to enjoy the services provided by PlayStation Network and Qriocity including online gaming and online access to music, movies, sports and TV shows. We have a clear path to have PlayStation Network and Qriocity systems back online, and expect to restore some services within a week.

We’re working day and night to ensure it is done as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and feedback.

Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer:
We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have:
Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;
Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and
Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant, to review your account statements and to monitor your credit reports. We are providing the following information for those who wish to consider it:

U.S. residents are entitled under U.S. law to one free credit report annually from each of the three major credit bureaus. To order your free credit report, visitwww.annualcreditreport.com or call toll-free (877) 322-8228.

We have also provided names and contact information for the three major U.S. credit bureaus below. At no charge, U.S. residents can have these credit bureaus place a “fraud alert

Originally Posted by Hyper

I hope they stole my info so I never have to pay for another video game in my life.

I'll troll hard with that lawsuit money, too.

Send PS3's to Xtrawhatever's entire family, next day air.

roll.gif

You should all just do what I do to ensure no one can use your credit card.

Make sure it's maxed out. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheGr8BlkHope

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Good thing my main PSN account is technically a dummy account. I just need my password changed. They can have the $4.15 in my wallet. Poor $@&#%.
laugh.gif
PSN cards ftw!
pimp.gif
thanks, maybe something i need to be considering.
are there any advantages to keeping my Fat? Other than having to shell out the cash to cover the cost of the Slim?

seems to operate fine other than the random freezing that comes with playing Black Ops...

and I had $16 in my PSN wallet...Im ready for war...

...anyone thinking abt just cancelling their card?

Black Ops randomly freezes on the slim as well, just saying.
laugh.gif
Only reason i switched to a slim was because my fat YLOD'd. No incentive otherwise for me , really. At least you have an incentive to exchange your old ps3 to get a new one these days. Sort of a preventive option. But It's really up to you. If you don't mind shelling out roughly the same amount you've trading the old console for, go for it. But your PS3 still seems fine, though.

Meh, when I was active, Chris usually made the enemies online
laugh.gif
Plus, this isn't as bad as when my insurance company informed me that the SS# of all their clients, includin moi, were taken
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
Just be alert, info is taken all the time on the intertubez.

Highlights from FAQ:

Quote:
[table][tr][td]
Q.5 How many were affected? How many per each region? What is the latest status of PlayStation Network registered account/ operating countries.

Our investigation indicates that all PlayStation Network/ Qriocity accounts may have been affected.

[/td][/tr][/table]

Quote:
[table][tr][td]
Q.16 I want my money back (subscription fee, content) since the PSN/Qriocity was not available.

When the full services are restored and the length of the outage is known, we will assess the correct course of action.

[/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom