PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

[h3]Compensation evaluation[/h3]
The gist of the answers relayed by senior director of corporate communications Patrick Seybold is that your game data is just fine. Things like download history, friends lists, and game settings will be unaffected, and any Trophies earned offline will be re-synced once the PSN is back up and running. Users of the Playstation Plus subscription service will be able to access their cloud-based save data once the network is restored.

Seybold also addressed the issue of subscription-based MMOs DC Universe Online and Free Realms, and though no specific details have been revealed, developer Sony Online Entertainment is looking into potential ways to compensate players for the downtime. 

"To thank players for their patience, we will be hosting special events across our game portfolio," SOE said in a statement. "We are also working on a 'make good' plan for players of the PS3 versions of DC Universe Online and Free Realms. Details will be available soon on the individual game websites and forums."

The same goes for PSN as a whole and streaming service Qriocity. Seybold said that Sony is "evaluating ways to show appreciation" to users for the downtime, but specifics as to how that will be done are currently unavailable.

FYI:
From the Playstation Blog Q&A:
Q: Will trophies that were earned in single-player offline games during the outage be intact when the service resumes?
A: These trophies are intact and will be re-synched when the network is once again operational.

So your precious platinum is safe Chris.
laugh.gif

I'm still reluctant to go after mine though.

I've been sticking to the Show mainly because I don't wanna earn more trophies and risk having em not sync up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

TxRook, you got it. Check your PM.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
greatly appreciated.

btw, some more unsettling news about the PSN hack.

[h1]Hackers claim to be selling PSN users' personal data[/h1]
199978-header.jpg

Security researchers claim to have spotted hackers attempting to sell PlayStation Network user data, presenting perhaps the most worrying installment of the ongoing PSN hack saga

Kevin Stevens, senior threat researcher at Trend Micro, has been putting the word out, warning the public of the situation. The hackers even claimed that they gave Sony a chance to buy back the info, although Sony itself denied that this has occurred. 

Stevens says that the "merchandise" on sale includes full names, addresses, dates of birth, phone numbers, email addresses, passwords, credit card numbers and expiry dates. They're also claiming to have security codes, an issue that Sony has so far not been straight on.

Scary stuff to think about, although Stevens has been attacked by some of Sony's more rabid fans, who are adequately demonstrating "Shoot The Messenger" syndrome. Ignoring security warnings and good advice just because you enjoy a particular videogame console? Some people are truly insane.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I've been sticking to the Show mainly because I don't wanna earn more trophies and risk having em not sync up
laugh.gif

I've been playing association mode in  NBA 2k11 the past few days.

laugh.gif
 @ that article about hackers trying to sell data using the RE4 merchant.

I easily have earned over 100 trophies since it's been down. 
laugh.gif

Damn thing will take about 30 minutes to sync. But knowing it will is awesome. 

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

laugh.gif

eek.gif

What the hell is wrong with you?
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

laugh.gif

eek.gif

What the hell is wrong with you?
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
I got 2 Platinum trophies waiting to sync along with a lot of trophies. Im working on getting a 3rd one.
laugh.gif

Its an addiction at this point. 
laugh.gif

Some of the trophies ruin the Price of Persia Collection. You have to play through 2 of the games 3 times each. 
indifferent.gif

Its an addiction at this point. 
laugh.gif

Some of the trophies ruin the Price of Persia Collection. You have to play through 2 of the games 3 times each. 
indifferent.gif
Yeah I was checking out the trophies list for the collection based on your recommendation and saw that.
indifferent.gif

Why they didn't stack those trophies is beyond me.

laugh.gif

Holy cow
eek.gif
laugh.gif

From gamespot.com

[h1]Portal 2 DLC will be free[/h1]
Valve to add complimentary new test chambers, challenge modes for Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and Mac this summer.

/dw.com.com/redir?contid=6310911&conttypid=9&pid=991073&prodtypid=8&siteid=6&edid=107&onid=47&ptid=6036&useract=196&ctype=story_id&cval=6310911&destURL=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.gamespotcdn.net%2Fgamespot%2Fb.gif">http://dw.com.com/redir?c...n.net/gamespot/b.gif'}">

Earlier this week, Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi revealed that the company's recently released Portal 2 would be getting its first batch of downloadable content this summer. Today the developer gave a few details on the DLC, most notably that it would be free of charge to all players.

Valve is having even more fun with science.

The first Portal 2 DLC pack will feature new test chambers, as well as single-player and cooperative multiplayer challenge modes. The pack will also add leaderboards, and be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and Mac versions of the game.

The free DLC for consoles marks a change from Valve's last project. With Left 4 Dead and its sequel, add-ons were free for PC but $7 on Xbox 360.

Released to critical acclaim for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC last week, Portal 2 is the continuation of 2007 Orange Box pack-in Portal. The single-player portion of the new title continues the travails of human lab rat Chell, who in the original game used a portal gun to create interdimensional openings on ceilings, walls, and floors in an effort to escape the Aperture Science labs and thwart the diabolical artificial intelligence known as GLaDOS.

In addition to extending the story of Chell in the single-player mode, Valve introduced a new multiplayer cooperative mode. In it, players take control of two robots, named Atlas and P-body, and work together to tackle their own set of portal-related problems.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

there was some random rumor online, i mean very very random as in out of nowhere and totally unbacked other then a random nameless source about SSM taking over Eight Days and The Getaway 3

could just be looking for help on twisted metal though... hmm

eek.gif
 Oh god please please please!
I've been waiting for TG3 for years
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

From gamespot.com

[h1]Portal 2 DLC will be free[/h1]
Valve to add complimentary new test chambers, challenge modes for Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and Mac this summer.

/dw.com.com/redir?contid=6310911&conttypid=9&pid=991073&prodtypid=8&siteid=6&edid=107&onid=47&ptid=6036&useract=196&ctype=story_id&cval=6310911&destURL=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.gamespotcdn.net%2Fgamespot%2Fb.gif">http://dw.com.com/redir?c...n.net/gamespot/b.gif'}">

Earlier this week, Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi revealed that the company's recently released Portal 2 would be getting its first batch of downloadable content this summer. Today the developer gave a few details on the DLC, most notably that it would be free of charge to all players.

Valve is having even more fun with science.

The first Portal 2 DLC pack will feature new test chambers, as well as single-player and cooperative multiplayer challenge modes. The pack will also add leaderboards, and be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and Mac versions of the game.

The free DLC for consoles marks a change from Valve's last project. With Left 4 Dead and its sequel, add-ons were free for PC but $7 on Xbox 360.

Released to critical acclaim for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC last week, Portal 2 is the continuation of 2007 Orange Box pack-in Portal. The single-player portion of the new title continues the travails of human lab rat Chell, who in the original game used a portal gun to create interdimensional openings on ceilings, walls, and floors in an effort to escape the Aperture Science labs and thwart the diabolical artificial intelligence known as GLaDOS.

In addition to extending the story of Chell in the single-player mode, Valve introduced a new multiplayer cooperative mode. In it, players take control of two robots, named Atlas and P-body, and work together to tackle their own set of portal-related problems.

Sweet
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom