PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

the only exclusive that can sell a ps3 is uncharted...the few to drop already have tanked and i expect the same from the rest until uncharted so sony better go all out promoting it like they did with uncharted 2

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

the only exclusive that can sell a ps3 is uncharted...

Kratos would like to have a word with you.

I still don't believe that MGS Rising will come out for 360, either.

Whats it going to be, 24 discs?

So, Ancient Snake and Raiden might also like to have a word with you.

gyqHh.jpg

Originally Posted by Hyper

the only exclusive that can sell a ps3 is uncharted...

Kratos would like to have a word with you.

I still don't believe that MGS Rising will come out for 360, either.

Whats it going to be, 24 discs?

So, Ancient Snake and Raiden might also like to have a word with you.
gow already came out, and 4 isnt dropping anytime soon, im this years exclusives 

New COD commercial on the new Escalation map packs. Ending was whack.
laugh.gif
Not sure if want, but I'll probably cop it I guess.
ohwell.gif

the only exclusive that can sell a ps3 is uncharted... 2

Uncharted 3 is releasing around Christmas, so that's gonna push sales a bit more. When did uncharted 2 come out again? I forget.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

the only exclusive that can sell a ps3 is uncharted... 2

Uncharted 3 is releasing around Christmas, so that's gonna push sales a bit more. When did uncharted 2 come out again? I forget.

Uncharted 3 is dropping November 1st.

if psn made the packs then yeah...it isnt 3arcs fault 

i bet they give something like 3 months of plus...and then making it mandatory to have to plus to play online 

Son I don't expect compensation for a free service being down but I expect my personal information to be secure.
Uncharted 3 if the biggest exclusive of the year. Retail it at $49.99 instead to lure in new customers and BEGIN to apologize to your existing base.

But that will never ever happen.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

New COD commercial on the new Escalation map packs. Ending was whack.
laugh.gif
Not sure if want, but I'll probably cop it I guess.
ohwell.gif
@ 1:00
Machete? 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

^ I've learned to live with it.
laugh.gif
I think it'll last me til november.

I'm really tempted to purchase that SOCOM Full Deployment bundle, but I'm not sure if this year's upcoming FPS titles will offer the same support for the Move + Sharpshooter. Really holding off it until they announce PS Move Support.

Via Joystiq

Sony: New PS3 firmware to accompany PSN relaunch, network being physically rebuilt
gampsndown2530-1303941332.jpg

Sony has posted an updated PSN outage FAQ on the PlayStation Blog, and while some information it contains seems to reiterate things we already know -- "some services" will return within a week, you should monitor your credit card(s) -- new details have been brought to light.

First off, Sony is "working on a new system software update that will require all users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored." It's also been confirmed that PSN is being physically rebuilt as a result of last week's intrusion. SCEA PR director Patrick Seybold states in the FAQ that the company is "moving our network infrastructure and data center to a new, more secure location, which is already underway."

Also revealed: While "the entire credit card table was encrypted" and there remains "no evidence that credit card data was taken," PSN's personal data table "was not encrypted, but was, of course, behind a very sophisticated security system." Not sophisticated enough, apparently.

Via Joystiq.com

Namco Bandai site teases 'new chapter,' likely next Soul Calibur
teasernamco530pxdph.jpg

We've known a new Soul Calibur game is coming since back in December and now it would appear that Namco Bandai is finally ready to make a formal announcement. Well, not now now. Like, in two weeks.

A site teasing a "new chapter" in something has recently emerged online, counting down to May 11 -- presumably when the identity of said chapter will be announced. Corroborating the mid-May reveal is a tweet from Soul Calibur's "current game director" Daishi Odashima promising "to announce something" at that time. If we were rating the mystery behind this reveal, we'd probably give it an F. Minus.

Via Joystiq.com

Class action lawsuit filed against Sony for security breach
gampsndown2530-1303941332.jpg

As expected, the first federal class action lawsuit addressing the recent PSN security breach has been drawn up and submitted to the Northern District Court of California. The complaint, which was filed by the Rothken Law Firm representing 36-year-old Alabama resident Kristopher Johns (as well as every other affected PSN user), accuses Sony of "failure to maintain adequate computer data security of consumer personal data and financial data," and of failing to take "reasonable care to protect, encrypt, and secure the private and sensitive data of its users."

The suit also accuses the company of waiting too long to inform users about the breach, preventing them from making "an informed decision as to whether to change credit card numbers, close the exposed accounts, check their credit reports, or take other mitigating actions." The suit is seeking compensatory damages for the time and costs required to check their credit reports or change their credit or debit card information, as well as compensation for the PSN downtime.

According to IGN, Rothken Law Firm co-counsel J.R. Parker said in a statement, "Sony's breach of its customers' trust is staggering." He added, "Sony promised its customers that their information would be kept private. One would think that a large multinational corporation like Sony has strong protective measures in place to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of personal information, including credit card information. Apparently, Sony doesn't."

A PDF of the court document is embedded.

Via Joystiq.com

Peyton Hillis wins Madden 12 cover vote
madden-12-peyton-hillis-mock-530w.jpg

Witness! Cleveland has a new -- and most unlikely -- sports icon in Peyton Hillis, who has been voted to the cover of Madden 12. Hillis, the could-be star running back for the Browns, trounced Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick in the final round of EA Sports' five-week, bracket-style cover competition. Hosted in collaboration with ESPN, the vote-driven promotion featured a player representative from 31 one of the NFL's 32 teams and ... the Seahawks fans (who were eliminated in the first round).

Hillis' inspiring run, no doubt propelled by the passionate (desperate?) Cleveland fans that have been aggressively campaigning across social media networks, included defeating Green Bay Packers QB and Super Bowl MVP Aaron Rodgers, the bracket's #1 overall seed. "I didn't think I had a shot," said the humble Hillis during ESPN's "SportsNation" show this afternoon, during which the winner was announced.

Both Hillis and Vick were present on set for segments of the hour-long episode, doing their best to remain composed and engaged in the topics presented by hosts Michelle Beadle and Colin Cowherd, while a countdown timer ticked away. With the lights dimmed, Cowherd excitedly announced that "almost 13 million people voted" before he declared Hillis as the winner. The beefy back was then awkwardly goaded on by the two hosts, and even Vick, to flex his "guns" as the show cut out for the next program.

[Note: Not official cover art.]

Back
Top Bottom