PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by Man E

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

Live has WAY stronger players than PSN on Call of Duty in general.
It has a lot to do because the worlds best players (MLG pro circuit) prefer the 360, especially because of the LAN.
PC players > 360 players >> PS3 players
But of course every network has amazing players and PSN does have some GREAT players.
But the actual Pro circuit is on the PS3.
You dudes can try to convince yourself that the players on Live are better, but in reality thats not the case.

It's just that some prefer Xbox, some like PS3. That's where it ends.

Not sure if serious? 
And no one is trying to convince anyone, i'm just saying the truth, don't care if you believe it or not. 

Black Ops is played exclusively on PS3 @ MLG Tourneys.

2v1n2af.jpg

Originally Posted by Hyper

You dudes can try to convince yourself that the players on Live are better, but in reality thats not the case.

Not sure if serious? 
And no one is trying to convince anyone, i'm just saying the truth, don't care if you believe it or not. 

2v1n2af.jpg
roll.gif

It has a lot to do because the worlds best players (MLG pro circuit) prefer the 360, especially because of the LAN.
think about how many people actually play MLG. okay, now think of how many people game worldwide. if you are capable of utilizing any sort of sound logic, you will know realize that the amount of people who partake in MLG would be the absolute tiniest fraction of gamers in the vast gaming landscape. in fact, their numbers are so small that in no way can they alone be able to skew the numbers to definitively say that Live has - in your words - WAY stronger players than PSN.

Originally Posted by Hyper

Not sure if serious? 

2v1n2af.jpg
indifferent.gif

I never said BOPS i said Call of Duty in general. 

The only reason PS3 got BOPS is because SONY payed MLG. They begged for it saying it wasn't fair since the 360 had everything, so you guys finally got something. 

So sit down kid. 

Originally Posted by nyckone

think about how many people actually play MLG. okay, now think of how many people game worldwide. if you are capable of utilizing any sort of sound logic, you will know realize that the amount of people who partake in MLG would be the absolute tiniest fraction of gamers in the vast gaming landscape. in fact, their numbers are so small that in no way can they alone be able to skew the numbers to definitively say that Live has - in your words - WAY stronger players than PSN.
Although most players don't play MLG there are a lot of people who try to mirror the Pros. Which means that a lot of the people who are actually good and want to play MLG will go where the talent is. Which is why the gamebattles scene is also a lot stronger on the 360. 

Originally Posted by aveezytheBEAST

You will be able to update the roasters as soon as the network is back up. I'm sure it will update automatically for you once you load the game

thanks

From Kotaku:

xlarge_sony_splash.jpg

They Knew For Six Days: The PlayStation Network Hack Timeline

Joel Johnson — According to details from Sony themselves in a letter to congressional subcommittee, Sony was aware that data had been removed from their systems six days before warning customers that accounts had been compromised. All dates and times from Sony's missive to Congress.

April 19, 2011. 4:15PM PDT – Sony Network Entertainment America (SNEA) network team detects unauthorized activity in the network of 130 servers. Specifically, machines were "rebooting when not scheduled to do so." Analysis begins.

April 20, 2011. Early Afternoon – SNEA engineers discover evidence of "unauthorized intrusion" and that data had been removed from PlayStation Network servers. PlayStation Network shut down by engineers, taking 77 million registered PlayStation Network and Qriocity accounts offline. Sony retains service of computer security and forensic consulting firm.

April 21, 2011 – Sony retains services of second computer security and forensic consulting firm.

April 22, 2011 – Nine of ten compromised servers are mirrored by Sony and security firms. Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) general counsel provides FBI with information about the intrusion. A meeting with the FBI is scheduled for Wednesday, April 27th, 2011. Sony acknowledges on their blog that their system had an "external intrusion", but mentions nothing about the loss of data and issues no warning to customers

April 23, 2011. Afternoon – Forensic teams confirm that intruders used "very sophisticated and aggressive techniques to obtain unauthorized access, hide their presence from system administrators, and escalate privileges inside the server."

April 24, 2011. Easter Sunday – Sony retains additional forensic team with "highly specialized skills" to "determine the scope of the data theft".

April 25, 2011 – Teams confirm account details compromised, including name, address, country, email, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password, login, handle and network ID, but remain unsure if any of the 12.3 million global credit cards stored on the servers were compromised.

April 26, 2011 – Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment America provide public notice of the intrusion and alert regulatory authorities in New Jersey, Maryland, and New Hampshire.

April 27, 2011 – SCEA alert regulatory authorities in Hawaii, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Puerto Rico.

May 3rd, 2011 – Sony Chairman Kaz Hirai sends letter to Congressional Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade explaining details of intrusion.

Originally Posted by Grimey

man this is rediculous.. how much would gamestop or any other companies give me for a ps3 120 GB slim? its a littler over a 1 year old.
amazon was giving 220 last week...now its like 167
i jumped when i seen them giving 200 for the 80 phat...the next day after they announced that they got peoples  cc info it dropped to 119.25...hopefully i get my 200 

[h1]Canadian firm proposes class action against Sony to the tune of $1B in damages[/h1]
by James Ransom-Wiley   on May 4th 2011 11:25AM

http://www.blogsmithmedia...media/comment-tail.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; position: absolute; text-align: center; top: 0px; right: 0px; line-height: 23px; background-position: 50% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">101

A proposed class action lawsuit filed in Ontario, Canada against Sony over the PlayStation Network breach is shooting for the jackpot. The suit claims damages "in excess of $1 billion" for the breach of consumer privacy, in part to cover the costs of credit monitoring and fraud insurance over two years for the estimated 1 million PSN and Qriocity users living in Canada.

Toronto law firm McPhadden Samac Tuovi has proposed the class action against Sony Japan, Sony USA, Sony Canada and other Sony "entities," and added in its press release, "While Sony has advised American users about the availability of free credit reports, it has yet to advice Canadian users about credit reports."

Filed on behalf of representative plaintiff Natasha Maksimovic, the claim alleges Sony exposed its customers to identity and financial theft, in addition to "fear, anxiety (and) emotional distress," according to The Canadian Press.

Maksimovic, 21, of Mississauga, Ont., has been described by the law firm as "an avid PlayStation user for years," who signed up for PSN and Qriocity for use on her PSP and Sony e-book. "If you can't trust a huge multinational corporation like Sony to protect your private information, who can you trust?" she asked in the firm's release. "It appears to me that Sony focuses more on protecting its games than its PlayStation users."

Sony has 20 days to file a statement of defense in Canada and additional time to do so in the US and elsewhere.

get in on that bad religion 

For those interested, there's a playable demo for Resistance 3 in the Battle: Los Angeles Blu-Ray
21e6d0m.jpghmm

What a good time for me to not have money.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Edit:
I JUST GOT PAID SON!!! I'm gonna pre order this right now.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I just remembered that they had an R3 billboard in the movie. Early product placement.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 2sappy

For those interested, there's a playable demo for Resistance 3 in the Battle: Los Angeles Blu-Ray
21e6d0m.jpghmm

What a good time for me to not have money.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Edit:
I JUST GOT PAID SON!!! I'm gonna pre order this right now.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I just remembered that they had an R3 billboard in the movie. Early product placement.
laugh.gif
Question
Is it a code, or on the blu ray disc? im thinking about renting this blu ray when it comes out. Cant see myself buying this piece of $%)# movie 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Question
Is it a code, or on the blu ray disc? im thinking about renting this blu ray when it comes out. Cant see myself buying this piece of $%)# movie 
roll.gif
It's on the disc itself, which is gonna be on limited release. It's only gonna be on the single disc version too.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Was the movie any good?
laugh.gif
might add it to my Blu-ray collection.
It wasn't bad. They could have done a lot better though.
laugh.gif

careful, l.a nt'ers take offence to bashing or dislike of the film because it was in l.a

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by Proshares

Was the movie any good?
laugh.gif
might add it to my Blu-ray collection.
It wasn't bad. They could have done a lot better though.
laugh.gif

careful, l.a nt'ers take offence to bashing or dislike of the film because it was in l.a
I am from LA.
laugh.gif

I was expecting my school, Santa Monica College, to be shown getting destroyed, but alas I was severely dissapointed.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom