PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Hey nerds! Can I trade in my OG 60G that doesn't read blu-rays?
It can do everything the commercials say...except read blu-ray disks due to the laser giving out
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
Please respond!

Originally Posted by young718chris

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

That Sega/Sonic comic is hilarious. 
laugh.gif

I love video-game related humor.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Same here.

I've been meaning to ask you this for a while... what is going on in your avy?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
My avy is Chocolate skateboarder Chris Roberts chasing after half of his broken board. Noskey made the avy, if my memory is correct. I love it.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

It can do everything the commercials say...except read blu-ray disks due to the laser giving out
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
Please respond!

You get twice as much back. Probably smells like cat urine, though. Might dock you $50

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
Please respond!

You get twice as much back. Probably smells like cat urine, though. Might dock you $50
LMAO

That Sega/Sonic comic is hilarious.�
laugh.gif

I love video-game related humor.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
�Same here.

I've been meaning to ask you this for a while... what is going on in your avy?�
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
My avy is Chocolate skateboarder Chris Roberts chasing after half of his broken board. Noskey made the avy, if my memory is correct. I love it.

I'm surprised you've stuck with that avy for so long
laugh.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
toine2983 wrote:

Originally Posted by j671

31..is that definite?

May 31st is the tentative date for everything to be up and running.

Sony said that they will try to restore some services (like online play) prior to that date.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Damn you Sony.

LA Noire is releasing a week from now and we won't be able to download and use our DLC pre order bonus cases, guns, and suits for 3 weeks.

Thiw is horrible bull crap for my most anticipated game coming out this year.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

mad.gif
mad.gif
toine2983 wrote:

31..is that definite?

Sony said that they will try to restore some services (like online play) prior to that date.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Damn you Sony.

LA Noire is releasing a week from now and we won't be able to download and use our DLC pre order bonus cases, guns, and suits for 3 weeks.

till the 31st
mad.gif

Imma cop a 360.then return it back to walmart on the 31.then just sell the games on ebay..

Man, i feel a bit relieved even if they said it isnt going to be back til the end of the month. Waiting and hoping everyday for it to come back within the week sucks much more. I've moved on and went to do other things. Heck, I'm within earshot of Justin Bieber's concert over here right now. Very loud crowd tonight!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LightskinFlYbOy 718

my netflix won't work anymore on my ps3,  really want to toss this +*%* off the roof
how are u trying to access it? i just attempt a sign in and it says 'PSN is undergoing maintenance' and it goes through and loads my que. sometimes i have to do it twice, but it always works.   

Originally Posted by Noskey

laugh.gif
�Same here.

I've been meaning to ask you this for a while... what is going on in your avy?�
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I'm surprised you've stuck with that avy for so long
laugh.gif
I know what I like, and it is a very well-made avy.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
toine2983 wrote:

31..is that definite?

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Damn you Sony.

debatable.

.....well damb. after all that smack talking look what happened?

- oh well, hope everything turns out okay....for all of us.

Originally Posted by QuestLife

Originally Posted by LightskinFlYbOy 718

my netflix won't work anymore on my ps3,  really want to toss this +*%* off the roof
how are u trying to access it? i just attempt a sign in and it says 'PSN is undergoing maintenance' and it goes through and loads my que. sometimes i have to do it twice, but it always works.   

that stop working for me after 2 weeks of doing it...............

Originally Posted by BigUglyAmerican

mad.gif
mad.gif
toine2983 wrote:

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Damn you Sony.

debatable.

I really don't think it is debatable, when he said it was HIS MOST ANTICIPATED game of the year. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by BigUglyAmerican

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Damn you Sony.

debatable.
I really don't think it is debatable, when he said it was HIS MOST ANTICIPATED game of the year. 
eyes.gif

YOU WANNA GO?

xlarge_mw3_splash_01.jpg

rumor
[h1]Modern Warfare 3 to Feature Bigger Story, More Destruction This Fall[/h1]
Brian Crecente — While still unannounced, sources who have seen the game in action tell Kotaku that the next Call of Duty will be a Modern Warfare 3 that pushes the bar on what people have come to expect from the series. And it hits this fall.

The yet-to-be announced sequel is under development by Infinity Ward, though a swath of those developers left the company in a civil-litigation uprising last year. The team is being assisted by newly minted Activision studio Sledgehammer Games, we're told. We've also heard that Raven Software may be involved.

The Call of Duty series has long alternated between two sets of stories and timelines. The games made by Treyarch have typically been set during the events of World War II, though last year's Call of Duty: Black Ops moved the setting to the Cold War of the 1960s. Starting with 2007's Modern Warfare, Infinity Ward's Call of Duties all took place in a modern day setting.

In the original Modern Warfare, a civil war breaks out in the Russia of 2011. The story continues in Modern Warfare 2, which has a terrorist attack in Russia erroneously linked to the United States. That leads Russian forces to invade the U.S. Some of the missions even feature rolling ground combat in the Washington, D.C. suburbs of Virginia and in the capital itself.

Image of Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)

Key to the near ending of Modern Warfare 2, was the detonation of a nuclear missile in the upper atmosphere above the Mid-Atlantic, something that creates an electromagnetic pulse that destroyed all electronic equipment on both sides of the raging war in D.C. Such an event would cripple the area in the short term, essentially removing the ability to use most technology in the region as the country tries to rebuild or bring in support from other parts of the country. It also seems that it could make the story a hard one to follow in a modern day shooter.

But our sources tell us Modern Warfare 3 will continue along that storyline, delivering a "world in crisis" feel to the aftermath of the U.S. invasion. However, it looks like it won't be another take on Red Dawn, a post-U.S. invasion storyline already explored by Homefront. While it's unclear where specifically the game will be set, Modern Warfare 3 will have a urban setting, much like the U.S. missions in Modern Warfare 2, with military vehicles, including tanks, rolling through suburban streets.

The story may also include prominent characters from Modern Warfare 2, like Captain John "Soap" MacTavish and Captain John Price. Modern Warfare 2 ended with Price, Soap and a Russian informant codenamed Nikolai on the run as international fugitives following their killing of Lieutenant General Shepherd.

The biggest shift for the game appears to be in its breadth. We're told that Modern Warfare 3 will take place on a much larger, epic scale. It appears the game will explore the lead up to a blossoming set of engagements that could pull in other countries, creating a potential World War III scenario. The game will also feature large, urban destructible environments.

Full size
medium_battlefield_3_trailer_still.jpg

Image of upcoming Battlefield 3 (Electronic Arts)

The focus on larger maps and destructible environments brings to mind competitor Electronic Arts' Battlefield series which made a name for itself with those two keystones. Battlefield 3 is also set for a 2011 fall release, meaning the two games could in theory be vying directly with one another for gamers' attention. Battlefield 3, as shown by EA in previous events this year, will take place in a modern setting and feature large maps and destructible environments.

We expect to hear more about the Call of Duty series and Modern Warfare 3 this summer during the annual E3 trade show.

We've contacted Activision for comment on this story and will update when we hear back.

Back
Top Bottom