PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

[h2]Pre-order Modern Warfare 2, trade it in by Dec. 13, get $40 from GameStop[/h2]
by David Hinkle { Oct 29th 2009 at 6:00PM }

GameStop would like to rent you a copy of Modern Warfare 2, it seems, as the company has revealed a trade-in plan for the standard and Hardened editions of the game. If you pre-order the game through GameStop's site, you''ll be eligible to get $40 back should you trade it in before December 13. GameStop will email pre-orderers a coupon on November 15 to that effect, which will only work for trade-ins on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

Considering this "deal" also applies to the Hardened edition, we have to wonder how the company will handle the included Call of Duty Classic. We've contacted GameStop for some additional info on that and will relay what we hear back.

[Thanks, Marques!]

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/29/first-dj-hero-dlc-mix-pack-today-david-guetta-pack-dated-nov-2/[/h2]
[h2]First DJ Hero DLC mix pack today; David Guetta pack dated Nov. 24[/h2]
by Griffin McElroy { Oct 29th 2009 at 1:20PM }

Activision and FreeStyleGames aren't wasting any time in expanding DJ Hero's already fairly expansive 93-mix-long track list. The "Extended Mix Pack 01" DLC will be added to the Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Store today and includes the following two mixes for 480
microsoftpointslogosmall.gif
and $5.99, respectively (and not sold separately):
  • "All Of Me" by 50 Cent featuring Mary J. Blige vs. "Radio Ga Ga" by Queen
  • "DARE" by Gorillaz vs. "Can't Truss It" Performed by Public Enemy
In a recent interview with IGN, FreeStyleGames' Chris Lee explained that the $3-per-track price can be attributed to the extra work and licensing required to synthesize the two songs in each mix. The Extended Mix mash-ups will be making their way to Wii sometime in late November -- around the same time the game's second DLC bundle, the "David Guetta Mix Pack," is scheduled for release on PSN and XBLM. That pack, which is slated for November 24, incorporates three of Guetta's songs: "When Love Takes Over," "On The Dance Floor," and "Sexy !+%+!," which was presumably written about us. Rawr.

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/29/jay-z-is-a-gamer-likes-madden-and-uh-you-know-stuff-like-mad/[/h2]
[h2]Jay-Z is a gamer; likes Madden and, uh, you know, stuff like Madden[/h2]
by Ben Gilbert { Oct 29th 2009 at 5:00AM }

When celebrities get on board for a game, the inevitable pitfall is the dreaded interview where said celebrity awkwardly tries relating to the "gamer" crowd (trust us, we know all about it.) With DJ Hero dropping this week, celebrity sponsor Jay-Z sat down with MTV News to talk about how much of a gamer he is (hint: not so much) and his support for the cultural awareness opportunities inherent in the recently released turntable title.

"Immediately, of course, with the success of Guitar Hero, you know, [DJ Hero] piqued my interest, and then on top of that it was something from the hip-hop culture. So, anytime you can, you know, I can expand the genre and introduce it to new audiences and widen it -- you know, the reach of what hip-hop can do -- you know, I'm interested in that," Jay-Z explains in the video interview (embedded after the break).

As far as Jay-Z's gaming roots, that's another story altogether. "I was really a gamer," Jay-Z urges. "Like, ask any of the guys. Like, I used to -- Madden and all these type of games," Jay-Z awkwardly cobbles together, "I was, like, really a problem. Like, those were my things -- for awhile." Presumably, until, you know, he got all that other stuff that impresses us, right? It's okay, Mr. Z -- you don't have to impress us with your gaming prowess, too. It's not like we have the numbers of "the guys" to fact check your claims anyway.
T

Originally Posted by RealityCheck22

So does the Renegade Edition of DJ comes with the songs on the game disc or is another disc packed with it?

it comes with nothing but a turntable and stand made out of metal and a cd with jay-z and eminem songs you already have. Not worth your money.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions7000

I hate when i'm playing Uncharted 2 online, and join a game with people who are level 35 and 40. They are always saying they don't want the low level people on their team. I'm at level 11, but I don't suck!
grin.gif
pimp.gif
Just hit lvl 30 last night *hat*..
After lvl 40 its much much harder to level up though..
most of the people level 30 and up suck. they just go for the shotgun because it has auto aim
Sounds kinda lame auto aim online? I loved U2 beat it, just wasnt feelin the online mode.

yea i figured it out yesterday while playing if you run and gun with the shotgun it auto aims
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
so thats why i love it
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
that kinda of make up for its weak range if you dont havethe damn thing on them it wont do a thing

but why in the world is the ak sooooooo weak

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

So does the Renegade Edition of DJ comes with the songs on the game disc or is another disc packed with it?

it comes with nothing but a turntable and stand made out of metal and a cd with jay-z and eminem songs you already have. Not worth your money.
Yo good looks on the info i shoulda did my research, i was debating on gettin dj hero or demon souls. looks like ima grab demon souls.

Just scooped up that Uncharted 2!

Any suggestions on whether to play through story mode first or just hop on the multiplayer?

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

Just scooped up that Uncharted 2!

Any suggestions on whether to play through story mode first or just hop on the multiplayer?

multi player is solid but story mode is where it really shines

Originally Posted by Ridgemont Fly

Is Borderlands Any Good been thinking bout copping it ?

My roommate got it for PC... he's on it quite a lot. I'm gonna assume it's good. It got pretty good reviews.

My boy jesseg8 bought Borderlands, and he's been logging big minutes on it. Says it's a blast. Definite rent if you're even half considering it.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

My boy jesseg8 bought Borderlands, and he's been logging big minutes on it. Says it's a blast. Definite rent if you're even half considering it.

Where has he been?
nerd.gif

Havent seen him post on NT in a while.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Where has he been?
nerd.gif

Havent seen him post on NT in a while.
He's been going to school in Kamloops. He's got internet (PSN) and a laptop, but I dunno, he just doesn't post too frequently.I'll hit him up with a text every now and then, and he'll do the same.

He's still out there, gaming. He lurks the thread for sure, too. I'll get him to post.

laugh.gif

He's going to Thompson Rivers University.

He's out buying ice cream, at the moment, so he won't bless this thread till later.

He just rented UC2, so maybe we can get some games going.

And he's preordered MW2, Canadian presence will be heavy.

EDIT: Mistook vintuc for a Canuck. Was thinking of spurtis.

I'm here I'm here. Thanks for the minute by minute update of my life Dennis?
laugh.gif

Anyways me and my homeboy have been playing borderlands and have logged about 14 hours into it and there
is no end in sight. There are a lot of trophies and to achieve platinum you don't have to get all the other trophies, just have to beat the game.
Tons of weapons and missions.

I have pre-ordered MW2, traded in UFC and COD4 and all i have left to pay is $5.

As far as my internet, i just got wired right now which is mostly used for my laptop, but hopefully the wireless will be installed this weekend.

Uncharted 2 is awesome!!!! I am only like 7 chapters in but the camera work and environments are
eek.gif
eek.gif

And there isn't really anything bad about Kamloops,
laugh.gif
it is better than PG
laugh.gif

KLIQ CANADA

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions7000

I hate when i'm playing Uncharted 2 online, and join a game with people who are level 35 and 40. They are always saying they don't want the low level people on their team. I'm at level 11, but I don't suck!
grin.gif
pimp.gif
Just hit lvl 30 last night *hat*..
After lvl 40 its much much harder to level up though..
most of the people level 30 and up suck. they just go for the shotgun because it has auto aim
Sounds kinda lame auto aim online? I loved U2 beat it, just wasnt feelin the online mode.

yea i figured it out yesterday while playing if you run and gun with the shotgun it auto aims
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
so thats why i love it
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
that kinda of make up for its weak range if you dont havethe damn thing on them it wont do a thing

but why in the world is the ak sooooooo weak
nah the ak isn't weak, the game has horrible hit detection. aim the ak upper chest to shoulders and its a 4 shot kill

Via ps3center.net

Sony: 3.2m PS3s sold during Q2, 27m PS3s sold to date
playstation-3-slim-120gb-ps3-4980795.jpg

When Sony axed the price of the PS3 by $100 in mid-August, everyone expected PS3 sales to skyrocket - and sky rocket they did, according to Sony. In their latest financial reports, Sony has announced that they've sold 3.2 million PS3s during Q2 at the new $299 price point, while the PS3 as a whole has sold 27 million units to date worldwide. Their data suggests they also outsold the 360 worldwide during Q2, and nearly matched the Wii at 2.1 and 3.5 million units respectively.

Overall though, Sony's game division lost $654 million, despite the increase in hardware sold. This is likely due to the fact that, with the introduction of the 120GB SKU, they are once again selling the console at a loss. Sony also pointed at dwindling PS2 sales, falling Viao sales, and the appreciation of the Japanese yen as reasons for the loss.

Though their games division is rapidly closing in on $5 billion lost this generation, congrats to Sony for reaching a new milestone with PS3 sales! At 27 million units sold, this puts them cleanly past the GameCube, which many have been all to quick to draw comparisons to. The PS3 has also surpassed the original XBox at this price point too. We'll have to wait until Microsoft and Nintendo publish their quarterly reports to find out exactly how accurate these numbers are.

Back
Top Bottom