PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Via ps3center.net

Relentless working on two unannounced PS3 games for 2010
relentlesslogo-1.jpg

Second party UK developer Relentless Software is working on two new unannounced PS3 projects due for 2010, according to a presentation given to Brighton University.

The presentation dates back to March 2009, and tells a little bit about Relentless Software and how to get a job in the games industry. It details all three of their major 2009 releases - Buzz! HQ for Home, Buzz! Quiz Worlds for PS3, and Blue Toad Murder Files for PSN. It later goes on to detail some unannounced PS3 projects for 2010, a is a PSN title due for an Easter 2010 release, and a full PS3 release due in fall 2010.

Following the release of Blue Toad Murder Files, Relentless Software began teasing a secret project on their site, which is presumably one of these two projects. Relentless clearly states that this new project won't be based on either Buzz! or Blue Toad, but is "something that everyone can enjoy and plays to our strengths in the social game genre".

Via gamingunion.net

Bayonetta release date confirmed for the west
rrquinta-albums-bayonetta-picture3132-bayonetta-logo.jpg

In the week that SEGA of Japan releases the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 action game BAYONETTA, SEGA Europe Ltd. and SEGA of America Inc. can reveal thatthe perfectly rated and eagerly anticipated third person action title will be the first genuine triple A of 2010. Offering exclusive pre-order items for thewestern market, BAYONETTA goes on sale in the US on January 5th and across Europe on January 8th 2010.

Via Marvel.com

Marvel dates, prices upcoming Ultimate Alliance 2 DLC
psylockemua2image1.jpg

Marvel has finally confirmed the price and release date for the first batch of DLC for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2. The pack will debut on November 5 for $9.99 on the PSN and 800 ($10) on Xbox 360. Included in the pack will be new simulator missions, boosts and, most important of all, three new characters. Namely, players will be able to get their hot little hands on Carnage, Psylocke and Cable.

In addition to the DLC pack, Juggernaut will also be released as a downloadable character. Originally, he was available only as a pre-order bonus but, starting November 5, anyone will be able to tell Charles to get out of their head for the price of $1.99 on PSN and 160 ($2) on Xbox 360.

Via Atlus.com

Demon's Souls to be even harder on Halloween
demonssoulsheaderimg580pxhel.jpg

The land of Boletaria in Demon's Souls will be plunged into "pure blackness" on Halloween for players connected to the internet. Publisher Atlus' announcement about its sleeper hit can be interpreted to mean that all players will have their world tendency shifted to black for the day (or a little longer), which affects enemy strength and player stats. A pure black tendency can mean that new passages and enemies may also exist.

"World Tendency" in Demon's Souls is another aspect of the challenging RPG that has a significant impact on the player's experience. If you're a new player who happens to pick up the game on Halloween ... don't panic. Yes, the game is hard, but it'll be a little bit more so with the entire world black aligned.

My Take: Is this game THAT good? Any personal reviews on it? I see a lot of you guys playing it on my list
nerd.gif

Via investor.ea.com

EA details Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition, same price as normal
battlefieldbadcompany2580limited.jpg

EA and DICE revealed today what's to be found with the treasure trove of weaponry in Battlefield: Bad Company 2's Limited Edition retail release. The BFBC2 "while supplies last" edition will contain six special game unlocks -- only four of which are for Bad Company 2 -- and cost the same as the regular retail version.

The four BFBC2 unlocks are:

* Improved Vehicle Armor - Pretty self explanatory.
* Supreme Vehicle Firepower - Additional weapon mounts for the driver.
* Vehicle Motion Sensor - Locate enemy units in proximity to vehicle.
* Tracer Dart Pistol - Attaches to any vehicle "to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight"

The other two unlocks are for Battlefield 1943 and give soldiers the M1A1 Submachine Gun and the M1911 Pistol, which are both ... you know, guns that go pew-pew. BFBC2 launches March 2 and 5 in North America and Europe, respectively. Meanwhile, poor Battlefield 1943 has been waiting for new maps since July 20, 2009.

My Take: Def coppin. The first one was madd nice.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via investor.ea.com

EA details Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition, same price as normal
battlefieldbadcompany2580limited.jpg

EA and DICE revealed today what's to be found with the treasure trove of weaponry in Battlefield: Bad Company 2's Limited Edition retail release. The BFBC2 "while supplies last" edition will contain six special game unlocks -- only four of which are for Bad Company 2 -- and cost the same as the regular retail version.

The four BFBC2 unlocks are:

* Improved Vehicle Armor - Pretty self explanatory.
* Supreme Vehicle Firepower - Additional weapon mounts for the driver.
* Vehicle Motion Sensor - Locate enemy units in proximity to vehicle.
* Tracer Dart Pistol - Attaches to any vehicle "to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight"

The other two unlocks are for Battlefield 1943 and give soldiers the M1A1 Submachine Gun and the M1911 Pistol, which are both ... you know, guns that go pew-pew. BFBC2 launches March 2 and 5 in North America and Europe, respectively. Meanwhile, poor Battlefield 1943 has been waiting for new maps since July 20, 2009.

My Take: Def coppin. The first one was madd nice.
Bad Company 2 will be siiiiiiick!

I'ma try and get my hands on the Limited Edition joint!

Via Atlus.com

Demon's Souls to be even harder on Halloween
demonssoulsheaderimg580pxhel.jpg

The land of Boletaria in Demon's Souls will be plunged into "pure blackness" on Halloween for players connected to the internet. Publisher Atlus' announcement about its sleeper hit can be interpreted to mean that all players will have their world tendency shifted to black for the day (or a little longer), which affects enemy strength and player stats. A pure black tendency can mean that new passages and enemies may also exist.

"World Tendency" in Demon's Souls is another aspect of the challenging RPG that has a significant impact on the player's experience. If you're a new player who happens to pick up the game on Halloween ... don't panic. Yes, the game is hard, but it'll be a little bit more so with the entire world black aligned.

My Take: Is this game THAT good? Any personal reviews on it? I see a lot of you guys playing it on my list
nerd.gif

pure black tendency?!? its already hard enough as it is.
laugh.gif

and yes, its THAT good
pimp.gif

Via ps3center.net

Sony: 3.2m PS3s sold during Q2, 27m PS3s sold to date
playstation-3-slim-120gb-ps3-4980795.jpg

When Sony axed the price of the PS3 by $100 in mid-August, everyone expected PS3 sales to skyrocket - and sky rocket they did, according to Sony. In their latest financial reports, Sony has announced that they've sold 3.2 million PS3s during Q2 at the new $299 price point, while the PS3 as a whole has sold 27 million units to date worldwide. Their data suggests they also outsold the 360 worldwide during Q2, and nearly matched the Wii at 2.1 and 3.5 million units respectively.

Overall though, Sony's game division lost $654 million, despite the increase in hardware sold. This is likely due to the fact that, with the introduction of the 120GB SKU, they are once again selling the console at a loss. Sony also pointed at dwindling PS2 sales, falling Viao sales, and the appreciation of the Japanese yen as reasons for the loss.

Though their games division is rapidly closing in on $5 billion lost this generation, congrats to Sony for reaching a new milestone with PS3 sales! At 27 million units sold, this puts them cleanly past the GameCube, which many have been all to quick to draw comparisons to. The PS3 has also surpassed the original XBox at this price point too. We'll have to wait until Microsoft and Nintendo publish their quarterly reports to find out exactly how accurate these numbers are.

Props to Sony. See, you lower the price, you sell some systems. It's the best value right now for what you get...

Too bad deep down inside I can't love it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nnarum

Via ps3center.net

When Sony axed the price of the PS3 by $100 in mid-August, everyone expected PS3 sales to skyrocket - and sky rocket they did, according to Sony. In their latest financial reports, Sony has announced that they've sold 3.2 million PS3s during Q2 at the new $299 price point, while the PS3 as a whole has sold 27 million units to date worldwide. Their data suggests they also outsold the 360 worldwide during Q2, and nearly matched the Wii at 2.1 and 3.5 million units respectively.

Overall though, Sony's game division lost $654 million, despite the increase in hardware sold. This is likely due to the fact that, with the introduction of the 120GB SKU, they are once again selling the console at a loss. Sony also pointed at dwindling PS2 sales, falling Viao sales, and the appreciation of the Japanese yen as reasons for the loss.

Though their games division is rapidly closing in on $5 billion lost this generation, congrats to Sony for reaching a new milestone with PS3 sales! At 27 million units sold, this puts them cleanly past the GameCube, which many have been all to quick to draw comparisons to. The PS3 has also surpassed the original XBox at this price point too. We'll have to wait until Microsoft and Nintendo publish their quarterly reports to find out exactly how accurate these numbers are.
Props to Sony. See, you lower the price, you sell some systems. It's the best value right now for what you get...

laugh.gif

roll.gif

caved and picked up Uncharted 1 and 2 using the amazon 80/40 deal. can't wait for it to come in today.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I think im just gonna sky my wife to buy uncharter 2 for my Bday (Jan 1st)
o yah and
roll.gif
@ uncharter....

i know i know prolly a typo but reminds me of the time someone said they a big fan of call for duty

i feel u tpob......i like jay he an assassin on the mic i just cant stand how he gets more rec. than better mcs like ghost and nasir jones

Originally Posted by nnarum

Via ps3center.net

laugh.gif

certainly made me have a change of heart, PS3 slim FTW (it rhymes!)

Back
Top Bottom