PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Gamestop is also having the trade in two select games and get 40 dollars off for those that don't know. It ends on the 8th so hurry up. I know for sureI'm trading in cod4 and the first Uncharted. MW2 for 20 bucks FTW.

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

^^^^
hows it feel knowing ur team spent 900 trillion dollars for a damm ring...evil empire skanks, their sin stripe uni's, jonny demon, afraud/NoRod, derek sleezer and the rest are all going to sports hell anyways so it doesnt matter.....i didnt catch the game ( was busy watching the celtics play a nonboring sport) so i didnt see....@ the end did camel face Young Ho.e' gayy-z come out and play his cornball nyc song where every1 stands around and gets bored after the first 28 seconds?

Mad that your team doesn't reinvest the money they make into the team huh?

Originally Posted by Capo617

Gamestop is also having the trade in two select games and get 40 dollars off for those that don't know. It ends on the 8th so hurry up. I know for sure I'm trading in cod4 and the first Uncharted. MW2 for 20 bucks FTW.
Kids in the US are getting ripped off

Roger plus and Best buy are doing trade 2 games and get MW2 for free

Ebgames/Gamestop Canada is trade 3 get MW 2 for free or plus 20 for hardened edition

Best Buy was selling it for 49.99 Retail and Future shop was also selling it for 49.99 retail.

US customers should ask for there price to be lower then Canadians, cause after all ur dollar is still strong

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

^^^^
hows it feel knowing ur team spent 900 trillion dollars for a damm ring...evil empire skanks, their sin stripe uni's, jonny demon, afraud/NoRod, derek sleezer and the rest are all going to sports hell anyways so it doesnt matter.....i didnt catch the game ( was busy watching the celtics play a nonboring sport) so i didnt see....@ the end did camel face Young Ho.e' gayy-z come out and play his cornball nyc song where every1 stands around and gets bored after the first 28 seconds?
Bitter much?

It's understandable though. Your teams sucked at every major sport the past year: Pat's couldn't find any new ways to cheat, Big Papi was exposed and folded to the pressure, the Big Ticket is too frail to last an entire NBA season, and hockey isn't important. Ain't nothin' you could've done about it... just a shame your state couldn't afford to put together winning teams this time around.

Better luck next time.

Says the guy with an Arsenal sig...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

^^^^
Bitter much?

It's understandable though. Your teams sucked at every major sport the past year: Pat's couldn't find any new ways to cheat, Big Papi was exposed and folded to the pressure, the Big Ticket is too frail to last an entire NBA season, and hockey isn't important. Ain't nothin' you could've done about it... just a shame your state couldn't afford to put together winning teams this time around.

Better luck next time.

Says the guy with an Arsenal sig...
laugh.gif
LOW BLOW!
laugh.gif

At least you don't see me lurking around in threads bashing ManU and Chelsea. I respect their teams and I keep my hatred to myself. If my team doesn'twin, so be it. No crying here.

lol ya process i mayve digressed a lil @ the end there smh

i said wat i said so no arsnl......i will be trying to keep my comments ps3 based.....must. not. go. in.

last thing tho, are the raps your nba squad process?

I feel, as a Canadian, I have to support them or they will go the way of the Grizzlies. So I keep up on what they are doing.

My team is the Blazers, though. Been a fan since Darius was traded in 04.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Anyone going to play UC2 later tonight, maybe around 8 pm pacific or later? My dude ghost is always in the lobby and the rest of the people I play online areterrible and swear every .5 seconds. My PSN = cubs486

its all starting to come together....

btw be on the lookout for the buffalo bills...comming to a stadium near you
...you're just now realizing that we have more than one football team aren't you? one good team, one mediocre, and one so far away that wedon't even claim them. how many do you have again?

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Gamestop is also having the trade in two select games and get 40 dollars off for those that don't know. It ends on the 8th so hurry up. I know for sure I'm trading in cod4 and the first Uncharted. MW2 for 20 bucks FTW.

Ebgames/Gamestop Canada is trade 3 get MW 2 for free or plus 20 for hardened edition

Best Buy was selling it for 49.99 Retail and Future shop was also selling it for 49.99 retail.

US customers should ask for there price to be lower then Canadians, cause after all ur dollar is still strong
That's pretty much the same though as far as the eb/gamestop. We're trading two and paying 20 but by you guys trading three it'sbasically giving them another 20-30 dollar game to sell so it's basically the same if you think about it. I know no one is going to be trading in some ofthe newer titles they have on that list. But that BB deal with trade two get it free is
pimp.gif

Gamestop is also having the trade in two select games and get 40 dollars off for those that don't know. It ends on the 8th so hurry up. I know for sure
I'm trading in cod4 and the first Uncharted. MW2 for 20 bucks FTW.

Is there a restriction on the games you can trade in for Rogers?

Originally Posted by vintuc

Gamestop is also having the trade in two select games and get 40 dollars off for those that don't know. It ends on the 8th so hurry up. I know for sure
I'm trading in cod4 and the first Uncharted. MW2 for 20 bucks FTW.

Is there a restriction on the games you can trade in for Rogers?
Yeah,

Here's the list:
Arkham Asylum
COD4
Fable2
FNR4
Gears2
GI Joe Rise of Cobra
Godfather 2
Killzone 2
Guitar hero metallica
HaloWars
Call of Juarez
Left4dead
LBP
MK vs DC Universe
NFS Undercover
Skate 2
SFIV
Wanted: Weapons of Fate
XMen Wolverine

its all starting to come together....

btw be on the lookout for the buffalo bills...comming to a stadium near you
The hell you mean it's all coming together?
laugh.gif

Oh good. We can watch them loose in a new country.

I just want my ******* night vision goggles already.

celtixhalfshell, I'll keep my sports rebuttal in spoilers, can't have the PS3 thread derail anymore than it has
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
All these bitter fans crying out salary cap/you bought championships
laugh.gif
grin.gif
Please. If these other owners actually invested in their team rather than pocketing revenue, they could form a somewhat competitive team. Let's not be naive here, money doesn't win you championships, we can look back to the previous 9 years with the Yankees. It certainly gives them a step up, but no guarantees. There are owners worth more than the Steinbrenners, but choose to focus on business than winning. I'm fortunate to root for a team that actually takes revenue and invests it for the betterment of the team and fans. Yankees are good for baseball, with all the money they funnel to other owners through luxury taxes and revenue sharing. So don't hate on the Yankees for earning a championship by signing key players in order to win, hate on the people running the team you support for focusing on business rather than the sport.

Hey!! Remember when this thread was about games?? Yea, those were good times...
grin.gif

From kotaku:

How Much Did Gran Turismo 5 Cost To Make?

Gran Turismo 5 has been years in the making. Last time we checked, years are not cheap. Years are expensive.

500x_gt5.jpg

When asked by AutoWeek about the game's budget, Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi dropped this price tag: $60 million.

"There are other games that cost more," Yamauchi added. "Considering the size and scale of the game, I think it's probably a fairly small amount."

Other games that cost more? Games like Shenmue or Grand Theft Auto IV?

With Polyphony Digital's know-how and expertise, the game probably cost less that it could have considering the lengthy development cycle. But then again, GT5 is apparently 50 times more than the first Gran Turismo. We're not sure if that amount includes marketing and what not.

If Yamauchi and his team curbed the dev cycle and turned around the game in a more timely fashion, they could has brought down the game's budget even more. Not our money, though! Perhaps the inevitable GT6 won't take as long - or cost as much.

From the PlayStation Blog:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - PS3 Beta Begins November 19

Posted by Gordon Van **** // Associate Producer for Battlefield

Hi All,
I'm Gordon Van **** and I'm the Associate Producer for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 here at EA's DICE studio in Stockholm.
Today we're excited to announce that our forthcoming multiplayer beta is coming exclusively to PS3, so you'll have a chance to experience all the action, destruction and vehicular warfare ahead of our full release in March 2010.

4073390866_bc186953fc.jpg

Starting on November 19, the beta will feature the huge 'Arica Harbour' map where up to 24 players compete to secure valuable crates in the 'Rush' game mode as the action moves across a variety of different locations. From an initial vehicle assault on a military outpost the war winds through streets of a deserted town to an intense final fire-fight in an industrial harbour.

Check out our announcement video here.

For a preview on the beta itself click here.

Getting access to the beta will differ from country to country, but here are a few specific ways of getting hold of a key:
We'll be holding a special limited giveaway right here on the PlayStation Blog (details TBA)
Pre-ordering the game at participating retailer
Checking out selected gaming sites such as IGN or GameSpot in North America.
That's it for now…although if you have any questions then let me know. Be sure to check back here tomorrow when we have a brand Battlefield: Bad Company 2 new trailer.

4073390578_a0e7160dc7.jpg

From IGN:

Netflix PS3 Discs Shipping

Movie fans rejoice.

Sony and Netflix recently announced that on-demand streaming of movies from the ultra-popular rental service would be hitting the PlayStation 3 in November, and it looks like users will be able to start watching content as early as this Friday. While it will be a software solution later on down the line, PlayStation 3 owners currently need to sign up for a free PS3 streaming disc from Netflix (via http://www.netflix.com/ps3) to take advantage of the service, and a number of IGNers received emails today that we'd find the disc in our mailboxes tomorrow.

The email is very simple and to the point:

"Dear Mr. Bigglesworth,

Your free instant streaming disc for PS3 should arrive by Friday, Nov 06, 2009.

Meanwhile, add TV episodes & movies to your instant Queue now so you're ready to watch instantly when your instant streaming disc arrives.

- Your friends at Netflix"

This short message is followed by instructions on how to add movies to your instant queue via a web browser, which is nothing new. Aside from the fact that we should start seeing discs arrive tomorrow, the email also makes it sound like you won't be able to browse for content via the PS3, but will instead need to add it to your queue from your computer and then head to your console to watch them. This is how Netflix on the Xbox 360 originally worked, though a later update allowed users to browse content directly from the system. Since PS3 users will have to use a disc until it becomes a software solution next year, it sounds like we'll be stuck with this inconvenience for a while as the discs likely can't be patched in any fashion.

hockey isn't important

Oh hell no, I would pull out the Boo this man gif if I had it.

Hmm should I trade in COD4 and KZ2?
I'll give you the benefit of doubt and say it's not important in the US.

And personally I wouldn't trade in COD4... you never know when you might feel nostalgic and want to go back and play some of those maps.

hockey isn't important

Oh hell no, I would pull out the Boo this man gif if I had it.

Hmm should I trade in COD4 and KZ2?
I'll give you the benefit of doubt and say it's not important in the US.

And personally I wouldn't trade in COD4... you never know when you might feel nostalgic and want to go back and play some of those maps.

Hockey in Canada = Baseball and Football combine in America

Anyone scoop up Dragon Age? I am thinking about it.

Originally Posted by NCTwin

From IGN:

Netflix PS3 Discs Shipping

Movie fans rejoice.

Sony and Netflix recently announced that on-demand streaming of movies from the ultra-popular rental service would be hitting the PlayStation 3 in November, and it looks like users will be able to start watching content as early as this Friday. While it will be a software solution later on down the line, PlayStation 3 owners currently need to sign up for a free PS3 streaming disc from Netflix (via http://www.netflix.com/ps3) to take advantage of the service, and a number of IGNers received emails today that we'd find the disc in our mailboxes tomorrow.

The email is very simple and to the point:

"Dear Mr. Bigglesworth,

Your free instant streaming disc for PS3 should arrive by Friday, Nov 06, 2009.

Meanwhile, add TV episodes & movies to your instant Queue now so you're ready to watch instantly when your instant streaming disc arrives.

- Your friends at Netflix"

This short message is followed by instructions on how to add movies to your instant queue via a web browser, which is nothing new. Aside from the fact that we should start seeing discs arrive tomorrow, the email also makes it sound like you won't be able to browse for content via the PS3, but will instead need to add it to your queue from your computer and then head to your console to watch them. This is how Netflix on the Xbox 360 originally worked, though a later update allowed users to browse content directly from the system. Since PS3 users will have to use a disc until it becomes a software solution next year, it sounds like we'll be stuck with this inconvenience for a while as the discs likely can't be patched in any fashion.

Just signed up for Netflix, hopefully Ill get my disc soon.

Back
Top Bottom