PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

My og 60 gb ps3 got the yellow light of death
smh.gif
. So I need to re up on a new one
frown.gif
. Are there any good bundle deals available at the moment with the ps3slim?

Originally Posted by nomoplayinga

smh.gif
frown.gif
. Are there any good bundle deals available at the moment with the ps3 slim?
When my 60gb bombed on me I bought a slim, but wasn't too happy with it. Yeah the Bravia sync is nice, but I need something that plays SACD,so i returned the slim and just paid the 150 to get my 60gb fixed. Best decision of my life!! The whole process only took about 8 business days
pimp.gif

I dunno why but when I played the XIII demo earlier this year I got that feeling that the game wasn't up to par at that point.

I've already expressed my dislike for the battle system (step backwards IMO)

Reminds me of when the sports games first came to the 360/PS3 and were stripped down. I'm sure it'll still be a pretty good game but no sidequests andlate game hunts is already a downer.
frown.gif

I hope Versus XIII doesn't suffer a similar fate.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

I dunno why but when I played the XIII demo earlier this year I got that feeling that the game wasn't up to par at that point.

Reminds me of when the sports games first came to the 360/PS3 and were stripped down. I'm sure it'll still be a pretty good game but no sidequests and late game hunts is already a downer.
frown.gif

Co-sign.

Another possible glimmer of hope is...

/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/2007/03/23/haeresis_2.jpg
haeresis_2.jpg

Although, I haven't heard anything on it at all...

I have read specualtion that it may be a DS title.... which would make sense...

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Reminds me of when the sports games first came to the 360/PS3 and were stripped down. I'm sure it'll still be a pretty good game but no sidequests and late game hunts is already a downer.
frown.gif

Co-sign.

Another possible glimmer of hope is...

http://niketalk.yuku.com/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/2007/03/23/haeresis_2.jpg
haeresis_2.jpg

Although, I haven't heard anything on it at all...

I have read specualtion that it may be a DS title.... which would make sense...

what do you think of FF XIII versus?

Originally Posted by daemacho

Well, from the one trailer out and the news I've heard, I'm pretty pumped. Although, to be honest.... even though I loved Crisis Core: Final Fantasy(the game that used a similiar battle system to what Versus will), I like the turn based system in an RPG more than the action based. And apparently there willbe some multiplayer aspect... so thats interesting.

Storyline/atmosphere is looking wayyy better than XIII, imo.

Well, from the one trailer out and the news I've heard, I'm pretty pumped. Although, to be honest.... even though I loved Crisis Core: Final Fantasy (the game that used a similiar battle system to what Versus will), I like the turn based system in an RPG more than the action based. And apparently there will be some multiplayer aspect... so thats interesting.

I thought the PSP exclusive was using the Crisis Core battle system. I thought Versus, the PS3 exclusive, was using a a different system.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by simpliSD

Just got 2 $20 psn cards, what games should i cop?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I wanna get fat princess for sure, but idk what else to get
id say pass on fat princess...i have it, it was great and fun but its a hassle actually getting into a game...and now hardly anyone plays so its like 10 people and the rest are bots
damn so not many people play fat princess anymore?
eyes.gif

What about warhawk and wipeout, which one has the better replay value/ more people online?

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Well, from the one trailer out and the news I've heard, I'm pretty pumped. Although, to be honest.... even though I loved Crisis Core: Final Fantasy (the game that used a similiar battle system to what Versus will), I like the turn based system in an RPG more than the action based. And apparently there will be some multiplayer aspect... so thats interesting.

I thought the PSP exclusive was using the Crisis Core battle system. I thought Versus, the PS3 exclusive, was using a a different system.
It is using a system that is a hybrid of kingdom hearts and something else. That's all I can say right now...

BTW I don't think I mentioned this and don't remember anyone doing it.

But Dragon Age:Origins is crack if you like RPGS. I mean I bought the PC version. But the PS3 version is supposed to be good too from the reviews I read andwatched.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Just got 2 $20 psn cards, what games should i cop?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I wanna get fat princess for sure, but idk what else to get
id say pass on fat princess...i have it, it was great and fun but its a hassle actually getting into a game...and now hardly anyone plays so its like 10 people and the rest are bots
damn so not many people play fat princess anymore?
eyes.gif

What about warhawk and wipeout, which one has the better replay value/ more people online?
i play fat princess from time to time. its still fun. im waiting for the new classes to come out though. Ninja FTW
pimp.gif

if you want something with replay value, you should get warhawk. i can almost guarantee you that you will never reach max level in that game. i've loggedin 27 days worth of playing time into that game and im only a third of the way there. i only play it every once in a while now though.
laugh.gif

the gameplay is still fun though for an old game. all the maps are awesome, even the DLC maps. dog-fighting is
pimp.gif

yeah i played fat princess a few weeks ago...teams were like 5 - 5 out of 32 haha...it was fun they need to add the new classes so more people to get on

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

Originally Posted by nomoplayinga

smh.gif
frown.gif
. Are there any good bundle deals available at the moment with the ps3 slim?
When my 60gb bombed on me I bought a slim, but wasn't too happy with it. Yeah the Bravia sync is nice, but I need something that plays SACD, so i returned the slim and just paid the 150 to get my 60gb fixed. Best decision of my life!! The whole process only took about 8 business days
pimp.gif
From what i heard the fix is only temporary, and it will occur again. How long have you had it since it was fixed by sony?

just played the GT time trial on my japanese account (i wont be up at 1am pst)

these physics are VERY VERY VERY unforgiving
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
, the last GT i playd was 4, never played prologue, people on other sites like Gafare saying that its very different from prologue, in a good way

yamauchi wasnt joking when he said you can really tell when youre about to lose control of your car
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

My GT5 Time Trial Demo Impressions.

The demo is very very small, 201MB. Took about 15mins to d/l. The graphics, pretty damn good, not blown away, but cant expect much from a 200MB demo. Maybeit's my TV but there was a lot of jaggies in the background scape, like in the green hills or the crowd stands, kind of ugh. Far as the 350z goes, I usedthe tuned version and it's really quick, I stuck to interior view and it looks great inside, the speedo/tach looks great, the lighting was AWESOME but theshadowing on the dashboard tripod guages looked terrible. The driver steering wheel movements were precise and looked great. The track here is the Indy 500, apretty bleak track with lots of turns and a couple good straightaways, nothing to aww about it, not much to see but hills and mountains.

The controls feel revamped, the rear kicks out A LOT more than Prologue. Physics have been upgraded (thank god). I wanted to see if I can get the rear wheelsto break loose and a corner and spin out... DONE
eek.gif
! I wanted to test the grass and dirt controls when getting stuck. In Prologue you can sort of speed outof grass or sand and loose control easy, even spin out. In GT5 demo, not so much, if you get caught out there, it feels slow as #%@@ getting out. Even at fullthrottles my Z was going less than 5mphs. Not sure if I like that. Controls feel so good, based off the demo,I think GT5 can now compete with Forza 3 becausefor as Prologue goes, it's not contest, F3 controls better, period. Giving more time, they may be able to blow past them with GT5 releases next year.

The crowning achievement of GT series has been the replays and they look DOPE. I don't know how Poly does it but it looks sooo realistic, all the way downto the suspension reacting to the bumps in the road. Even if you choose in-car replay, you can see the driver (GT5 Stig) look ahead at the next corner(s), pullback or look forward or even shifts, sick. The lighting and shadowing on the car is unbelievable. This is where Forza series has missed it and GT has nailedit. The way the sun hits the car at angles or shines on metal, looks REAL.

If you can't wait till tomorrow, go copp the JPN version, its out now.

P.S. It's only 1 make, a 350z but it's two verisons, a stock and tuned.

Damn, my PS3 won't DIE. It will randomly shutoff and beep and the red light will continuously flash (overheating) but I turn it RIGHT BACK on and it'srunning, GOOD. The hell?! Ill already called Sony, my coffin will be here Friday morning but I need the console to die or Sony will ship it back. It'sstrange, it only overheats quickly while playing MW2, all my other games run fine. 2 nights ago it shutoff while playing MW2, the system beep, lights turn red,than YELLOW show for a second (hardware failure) and than back to red. I thought finally she's gone, NOPE. I turn her on 5mins later and was playing SFIVwith ZERO problems, smh.

I'm letting her run all day, playing games and she's getting hot but WONT die. She just randomly shutoff. I need this #@*+@ to die before Friday, so Ican get a refurb by Xmas.

^strangely.... my ps3 makes way more noise (reading discs, the fan, etc) when I run MW2. But other games like UC2 and NBA 2K10... dead silent.

good luck with your ps3 boost, and happy 6000th post.

Back
Top Bottom