PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

The funny part is...The Indy 500 track is not anywhere near a vast expanse of trees and hills in real life. I live inIndianapolis.
laugh.gif

mlb10mauer2.jpg

mlb10jeter.jpg

SCEA has released the first screenshots for MLB 10: The Show. There are six in total and one of them confirms the addition of a Home Run Derby which has been lacking from the series.

The cover athlete is expected to be revealed on Thursday. Based on the images released it seems that Joe Mauer may be the front-runner. The AL MVP is featured in two screens which may or may not be an indication that he will be the representative chosen. Last year along with the cover announcement came the full features list but it is unknown whether that or detailed previews will accompany the cover reveal.

Worth it to buy GT5 demo? Meh... GT5 comes out in Japan in December, I'll just import it. We can play JPN games right?

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

My GT5 Time Trial Demo Impressions.

The demo is very very small, 201MB. Took about 15mins to d/l. The graphics, pretty damn good, not blown away, but cant expect much from a 200MB demo. Maybe it's my TV but there was a lot of jaggies in the background scape, like in the green hills or the crowd stands, kind of ugh. Far as the 350z goes, I used the tuned version and it's really quick, I stuck to interior view and it looks great inside, the speedo/tach looks great, the lighting was AWESOME but the shadowing on the dashboard tripod guages looked terrible. The driver steering wheel movements were precise and looked great. The track here is the Indy 500, a pretty bleak track with lots of turns and a couple good straightaways, nothing to aww about it, not much to see but hills and mountains.

The controls feel revamped, the rear kicks out A LOT more than Prologue. Physics have been upgraded (thank god). I wanted to see if I can get the rear wheels to break loose and a corner and spin out... DONE
eek.gif
! I wanted to test the grass and dirt controls when getting stuck. In Prologue you can sort of speed out of grass or sand and loose control easy, even spin out. In GT5 demo, not so much, if you get caught out there, it feels slow as #%@@ getting out. Even at full throttles my Z was going less than 5mphs. Not sure if I like that. Controls feel so good, based off the demo,I think GT5 can now compete with Forza 3 because for as Prologue goes, it's not contest, F3 controls better, period. Giving more time, they may be able to blow past them with GT5 releases next year.

The crowning achievement of GT series has been the replays and they look DOPE. I don't know how Poly does it but it looks sooo realistic, all the way down to the suspension reacting to the bumps in the road. Even if you choose in-car replay, you can see the driver (GT5 Stig) look ahead at the next corner(s), pull back or look forward or even shifts, sick. The lighting and shadowing on the car is unbelievable. This is where Forza series has missed it and GT has nailed it. The way the sun hits the car at angles or shines on metal, looks REAL.

If you can't wait till tomorrow, go copp the JPN version, its out now.

P.S. It's only 1 make, a 350z but it's two verisons, a stock and tuned.
I'm pretty sure that's a 370 in the demo.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

mlb10mauer2.jpg

mlb10jeter.jpg

SCEA has released the first screenshots for MLB 10: The Show. There are six in total and one of them confirms the addition of a Home Run Derby which has been lacking from the series.

The cover athlete is expected to be revealed on Thursday. Based on the images released it seems that Joe Mauer may be the front-runner. The AL MVP is featured in two screens which may or may not be an indication that he will be the representative chosen. Last year along with the cover announcement came the full features list but it is unknown whether that or detailed previews will accompany the cover reveal.
pimp.gif
Nice find.

There is a rumor that Final Fantasy VIII my go up on PSN store today and Europe gets Final Fantasy IX.
Originally Posted by finnns2003

I'm pretty sure that's a 370 in the demo.
wink.gif
Yup, my bad.

Originally Posted by 18key

Dante's Inferno = God of War goes to Hell.
pimp.gif
Someone on here asked when this game is coming out, ebgames & ign say 2/9/10

Also for PS3 owners we get exclusive stuff added in at no extra charge:

dantesinferno_1260466265.jpg

[h1]Dante's Inferno Special Edition Exclusive to PS3[/h1]

[h2]New pack includes developer commentaries, soundtrack, and more

December 10, 2009 - PlayStation 3 owners will be receiving a special edition of Electronic Arts' Dante's Inferno, set for release on February 9, 2010.

Titled "Dante's Inferno - Divine Edition," this new package is exclusive to Sony's console, and will replace the regular game sku at retail for the same $59.99 price tag. The pack includes developer commentaries, a Wayne Barlowe digital art book, the soundtrack to the game, and a digital copy of the complete Longfellow translation of Dante Alighieri's Inferno.

"We are thrilled to offer an exclusive game pack for PlayStation 3 gamers," said Jonathan Knight, Executive Producer for Dante's Inferno. "The PlayStation platform has a long history of delivering AAA action/adventure games. Adding Dante's Inferno to that rich catalogue is very exciting for the team. And with the demo now available on the PlayStation Network, players can finally get a taste of what awaits them in the full game on Feb 9th."

Electronic Arts also announced a demo for Dante's Inferno will be available today for free on PlayStation Network, with the same demo hitting Xbox LIVE two weeks later on December 24.[/h2]

[h2]Link:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1053922p1.html

Also heard the lead designer for this game was also the lead designer for God Of War II

I'm going to download and check out the demo tomorrow.
[/h2]

Damn, my PS3 won't DIE. It will randomly shutoff and beep and the red light will continuously flash (overheating) but I turn it RIGHT BACK on and it's running, GOOD. The hell?! Ill already called Sony, my coffin will be here Friday morning but I need the console to die or Sony will ship it back. It's strange, it only overheats quickly while playing MW2, all my other games run fine. 2 nights ago it shutoff while playing MW2, the system beep, lights turn red, than YELLOW show for a second (hardware failure) and than back to red. I thought finally she's gone, NOPE. I turn her on 5mins later and was playing SFIV with ZERO problems, smh.

I'm letting her run all day, playing games and she's getting hot but WONT die. She just randomly shutoff. I need this #@*+@ to die before Friday, so I can get a refurb by Xmas.
How are the refurb's from sony, will they fix the over heading problems for good or is it better to invest in a new ps3 instead? My 60 gb isout of warranty
tired.gif

There is a rumor that Final Fantasy VIII my go up on PSN store today and Europe gets Final Fantasy IX.
Please tell me this is true. Got 95% of the way through VIII and couldn't finish it...I may be the only person on the planet who believesthis but I like FF VIII more than VII, the increasing difficulty as your characters got stronger made every boss battle a challenge. Unlike other FF/RPGswhere after you reach a certain level you are BEASTING every enemy in the game.

nerd.gif
not really impressed by what i've seen with GT5. Really ain't just hatin either, I have always been a GT fan. But we will see when it finally comesout. The Nascar looks
eek.gif
though

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

mlb10mauer2.jpg

mlb10jeter.jpg

The best sports title released every year imo.

Can't wait to play the MLB TS 10

I have had my ps3 2 years and Im just getting into because I had my modded 360 as well but since I have been banned Im back on it now.. Can anyone suggest agood bluetooth or any good psn multiplayer games that are worth having?

Originally Posted by nomoplayinga

Damn, my PS3 won't DIE. It will randomly shutoff and beep and the red light will continuously flash (overheating) but I turn it RIGHT BACK on and it's running, GOOD. The hell?! Ill already called Sony, my coffin will be here Friday morning but I need the console to die or Sony will ship it back. It's strange, it only overheats quickly while playing MW2, all my other games run fine. 2 nights ago it shutoff while playing MW2, the system beep, lights turn red, than YELLOW show for a second (hardware failure) and than back to red. I thought finally she's gone, NOPE. I turn her on 5mins later and was playing SFIV with ZERO problems, smh.

I'm letting her run all day, playing games and she's getting hot but WONT die. She just randomly shutoff. I need this #@*+@ to die before Friday, so I can get a refurb by Xmas.
How are the refurb's from sony, will they fix the over heading problems for good or is it better to invest in a new ps3 instead? My 60 gb is out of warranty
tired.gif
They send you a refurb system out. Basically it's someone else's broken system that Sony fixes, cleans up and makes look brand new andships it out to you. I have a 60GB aswell.

dante's inferno demo was cool but you guys are hyping it up too much.

Another platformer is always appreciated though

Originally Posted by nomoplayinga

IHeartBoost wrote:

Damn, my PS3 won't DIE. It will randomly shutoff and beep and the red light will continuously flash (overheating) but I turn it RIGHT BACK on and
it's running, GOOD. The hell?! Ill already called Sony, my coffin will be here Friday morning but I need the console to die or Sony will ship it back.
It's strange, it only overheats quickly while playing MW2, all my other games run fine. 2 nights ago it shutoff while playing MW2, the system beep,
lights turn red, than YELLOW show for a second (hardware failure) and than back to red. I thought finally she's gone, NOPE. I turn her on 5mins later and
was playing SFIV with ZERO problems, smh.

I'm letting her run all day, playing games and she's getting hot but WONT die. She just randomly shutoff. I need this #@*+@ to die before Friday, so
I can get a refurb by Xmas.
How are the refurb's from sony, will they fix the over heading problems for good or is it better to invest in a new ps3 instead? My 60 gb is
out of warranty
tired.gif
They send you a refurb system out. Basically it's someone else's broken system that Sony fixes, cleans up and makes look brand new and ships it out to you. I have a 60GB aswell.

Not always, if they can fix your system quickly they will and send yours back to you. Thats what they did with mine, BDD failed I took note of my serial numberbefore I sent it out, and when I got it back it was the same one.

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Please tell me this is true. Got 95% of the way through VIII and couldn't finish it...I may be the only person on the planet who believes this but I like FF VIII more than VII, the increasing difficulty as your characters got stronger made every boss battle a challenge. Unlike other FF/RPGs where after you reach a certain level you are BEASTING every enemy in the game.
Naw, I know Boost is a huge VIII fan. It was the first FF I played on Playstation, so it is special to me....

I like IX better, but I scratched the 3rd FFVIII disc I own, so this is AWESOME news.

Junction system is DEADLY. HP=Ultima, Strength=Meteor.
Holidays at the parents won't be so boring after all.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Please tell me this is true. Got 95% of the way through VIII and couldn't finish it...I may be the only person on the planet who believes this but I like FF VIII more than VII, the increasing difficulty as your characters got stronger made every boss battle a challenge. Unlike other FF/RPGs where after you reach a certain level you are BEASTING every enemy in the game.
Naw, I know Boost is a huge VIII fan. It was the first FF I played on Playstation, so it is special to me....

I like IX better, but I scratched the 3rd FFVIII disc I own, so this is AWESOME news.

Junction system is DEADLY. HP=Ultima, Strength=Meteor.
Holidays at the parents won't be so boring after all.
pimp.gif

hopefully i get to finish it. i got up to the 3rd disk before i had to return it

Damn I hope its true. Never really got to the 3rd disc before I had to return it back when I was little. I just remember being stuck at a silly hard part

Back
Top Bottom