****Public Enemies- Offical Post****

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Damn where is the hype for this movie?

I watched a 2 hour special on the History Channel on Dillinger, Bonnie & Clyde, Machine Gun Kelly, and that Babyface dude and !!*% got me excited for this movie.

I was up real late and caught this. It was
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by sosmoove

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Damn where is the hype for this movie?

I watched a 2 hour special on the History Channel on Dillinger, Bonnie & Clyde, Machine Gun Kelly, and that Babyface dude and !!*% got me excited for this movie.

I was up real late and caught this. It was
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I wanted to watch it bad...but that special actually made me go out an watch it.....It was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...Depp is that dude, one of my all time favs (I might just behyped, but i honestly believe it right now)

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by finnns2003

how the hell did this film slide to a 7.9 on imdb?
people actually watching it and the crappy reviews it has gotten
this summer has sucked for movies only hangover has been good

star trek has been the best movie all year IMO.
QFT

I might check this flick out tho

This movie was nothing more than a gun fight with some bank robbery scenes thrown in every now and then.

They did a horrible job of building the characters and explaining motives for their actions. No real back story behind the main character other than a briefconvo.

I found Frank Nitti more interesting in the movie than John Dillinger.

I was expecting HEAT but got crap instead.

I would wait for the DVD release.

Good movie but not great. Johnny Depp was excellent as usual, as was Marion Cotillard.

Christian Bale on the other hand...
indifferent.gif
this guy has zero emotional range.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

This movie was nothing more than a gun fight with some bank robbery scenes thrown in every now and then.

They did a horrible job of building the characters and explaining motives for their actions. No real back story behind the main character other than a brief convo.

I was expecting hoping HEAT but got crap instead.

Sums up my thoughts.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by finnns2003

how the hell did this film slide to a 7.9 on imdb?
people actually watching it and the crappy reviews it has gotten
this summer has sucked for movies only hangover has been good

star trek has been the best movie all year IMO.
I still need to see that. As long as Shutter Island is good I'll be happy. If that movie disappoints I might off myself.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

They did a horrible job of building the characters and explaining motives for their actions. No real back story behind the main character other than a brief convo.

I was expecting HEAT but got crap instead.

These are my thoughts exactly

I think people are just being overly critical because everyone else is being overly critical. I actually liked it. I mean, it was good, certainly not great.Then again my expectations were super high, so because of that it was naturally a failure but it wasn`t a bad movie. Depp was Depp of course, Bale`s characterwas cool I guess, I mean he wasn`t that interesting though (and he had that God awful accent that was totally unnecessary). I tlooked amazing though, and theshoot out scenes were real bad-***. But the story just wasn`t that interesting...

Back
Top Bottom