Pyramid Schemes & MLM - 5Linx, Maleucca, Amway etc

Thrive patches are the new wave out here in So Cal

I've had so many crappy jobs throughout my youth. I had one job in particular where I sold subscriptions to the local newspaper here (the Atlanta Journal-Constitution door to door). Of course the job description didn't say anything about door-to-door sales, it was just some BS about sales and marketing.

I show up to work the first day dressed all nice and the guy I was shadowing looked at me like I was crazy. Like 10 grown men all piled into the back of a van and they dropped us off in random neighborhoods around Atlanta. They gave us a map and told us to knock on all of these doors and try to sell subscriptions and they told us they pick us up in 5 hours.

Keep in mind, this was in May in Georgia, it was over 90° every single day. if we needed to use the restroom, they told us to ask homeowners if we could use theirs. I'm not sure if you guys realize how humiliating it is to have to ask a random stranger to go into their home to take a dump.

not to mention the dude I was shadowing was one of the worst habitual liars I've ever seen. He talked about all the money he had made at this job and all the stuff he bought yet he took the bus to work. I quit that job on the second day.

All those jobs are the same though, they allow anybody in and they know that 95% of the people won't make it past the month.

:rofl: :rofl:

Yooo I don't even let the homies take a dump at the crib, damn sure won't let some random *** dude hustling newspaper :rofl:

come to think of it, my mom was heavy into Mary Kay. I rememeber she has like those HUGE pink boxes back in the late 90s....Jesus
It's deep bro. Learning more about how shady these MLM/pyramid schemes are has make be question alot about my childhood/early adulthood

:rofl: Bro what!?! Ask to use their bathrooms!?! My god.

Yooo I don't even let the homies take a dump at the crib, damn sure won't let some random *** dude hustling newspaper :rofl:

It was awful. Not to mention I'm a black man knocking on random (mostly white folks) doors'. I was a junior in college and a little more naive but I'm lucky some white dude didn't shoot my a**. No protection for if it rained (Georgia has alot of those 30 min rain showers)

Some times I was lucky and the neighborhood had a clubhouse/pool area so I could use the restroom. There was one time where I had to take a dump really bad and I'd knocked on dozens of doors in a row with no answer. I ended up taking a dump in the bushes. :smh:|l

I graduated college in 2010, in the heart of the recession, I could go on for days about the awful jobs I had before I landed on my feet.

There was one time where I had to take a dump really bad and I'd knocked on dozens of doors in a row with no answer. I ended up taking a dump in the bushes. :smh:|l
tenor (12).gif

It's deep bro. Learning more about how shady these MLM/pyramid schemes are has make be question alot about my childhood/early adulthood

It was awful. Not to mention I'm a black man knocking on random (mostly white folks) doors'. I was a junior in college and a little more naive but I'm lucky some white dude didn't shoot my a**. No protection for if it rained (Georgia has alot of those 30 min rain showers)

Some times I was lucky and the neighborhood had a clubhouse/pool area so I could use the restroom. There was one time where I had to take a dump really bad and I'd knocked on dozens of doors in a row with no answer. I ended up taking a dump in the bushes. :smh:|l

I graduated college in 2010, in the heart of the recession, I could go on for days about the awful jobs I had before I landed on my feet.

Glad you doing better these days and no longer defecating in bushes

Worked for a corporate in one of the company that was mentioned and yes the top tier makes bank. i used to go to the convention as a staff and the dedication of the sellers is out of this world. Theres a r/anti-mlm in reddit if you guys want to hear all the stories lol.

Worked for a corporate in one of the company that was mentioned and yes the top tier makes bank. i used to go to the convention as a staff and the dedication of the sellers is out of this world. Theres a r/anti-mlm in reddit if you guys want to hear all the stories lol.
Ofcourse the top tier makes bank that's how a pyramid scheme works!!!

Pyramid scheme ceo: all you gotta do is get 300 people under you, you too can travel, eat and drive nice cars. But 1st sign this paper and bring the $200 enrollment fee and I can get you started.

Call me an douche but I would pistol whip one of those pyramid scheme clowns if they ever tried to trick my oldest son into it. He’ll be college age next year and some ppl are real impressionable and easily influenced at that age.

I’d probably beat the breaks off my son for falling for the stuff in the first place lol.

I've had so many crappy jobs throughout my youth. I had one job in particular where I sold subscriptions to the local newspaper here (the Atlanta Journal-Constitution door to door). Of course the job description didn't say anything about door-to-door sales, it was just some BS about sales and marketing.

I show up to work the first day dressed all nice and the guy I was shadowing looked at me like I was crazy. Like 10 grown men all piled into the back of a van and they dropped us off in random neighborhoods around Atlanta. They gave us a map and told us to knock on all of these doors and try to sell subscriptions and they told us they pick us up in 5 hours.

Keep in mind, this was in May in Georgia, it was over 90° every single day. if we needed to use the restroom, they told us to ask homeowners if we could use theirs. I'm not sure if you guys realize how humiliating it is to have to ask a random stranger to go into their home to take a dump.

not to mention the dude I was shadowing was one of the worst habitual liars I've ever seen. He talked about all the money he had made at this job and all the stuff he bought yet he took the bus to work. I quit that job on the second day.

All those jobs are the same though, they allow anybody in and they know that 95% of the people won't make it past the month.
Same kinda set up as when I sold the windows and siding door to door ...they would drop us off at any neighborhood in the Baltimore Metro round 9 or 10 am, hand you a clipboard and pen talking bout come back with some “leads” and scoop us at 3/4 ...and the ppl in charge always threatened that they drove around to monitor us but we ain’t believe em tho

About a month and half in, me and 2 of my mans that took that job got assigned round our way...we spent the whole day on the block hoopin and choppin it up with biddies...played the PS2 and had a nap at lunch, great day 4real cuz we still got the bs daily base rate just for being out there :lol: ...manager drove by seen us hoopin and told us we were done...yo was mad as **** :lol: :smh:

In the end made like a $1,000 so that was enough to hold me down most of the summer when I was 17/18 so I wasn’t trippin...job sucked tho, walking in the heat knocking on random ppl doors...worrying bout being watched :smh:

Same kinda set up as when I sold the windows and siding door to door ...they would drop us off at any neighborhood in the Baltimore Metro round 9 or 10 am, hand you a clipboard and pen talking bout come back with some “leads” and scoop us at 3/4 ...and the ppl in charge always threatened that they drove around to monitor us but we ain’t believe em tho

About a month and half in, me and 2 of my mans that took that job got assigned round our way...we spent the whole day on the block hoopin and choppin it up with biddies...played the PS2 and had a nap at lunch, great day 4real cuz we still got the bs daily base rate just for being out there :lol: ...manager drove by seen us hoopin and told us we were done...yo was mad as **** :lol: :smh:

In the end made like a $1,000 so that was enough to hold me down most of the summer when I was 17/18 so I wasn’t trippin...job sucked tho, walking in the heat knocking on random ppl doors...worrying bout being watched :smh:

Was the company called 'Power HRG'? I had an interview with them but I could see through their BS (this was after the newspaper job). The interviewer was talmbout some 'Field Marketing' and I was like "yeah, OK" :lol:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Was the company called 'Power HRG'? I had an interview with them but I could see through their BS (this was after the newspaper job). The interviewer was talmbout some 'Field Marketing' and I was like "yeah, OK" :lol:

giphy.gif
:lol: was a spot called Pinnacle Energy, this was in like 03/04...you could actually make some money off it but what made it sketchy was the way you had to go about doing the job ...like you said before turnover rate was crazy

how do i become leader of said corporation?

You have to become a master recruiter and liar. The way to become big in these multi-level marketing, pyramid schemes is to go out there and recruit as many people as possible. You need to get comfortable lying to people and faking it till you make it, the majority of the guys you speak to in these organizations aren't nearly as successful as they claim. they talked a lot about how they're retired and they're on vacation all the time and how many cars and houses they have but most of that the LIE from what I've seen.

The Amway guys I spoke to said they literally walk around the gym or the grocery store for hours and spark of conversations with people. Recruiting people has to become your job.

The people who make it big in these pyramid schemes don't make money from selling products, they make money by recruiting people and then the people they recruit recruit other people and their network just becomes larger and larger and they just keep making money off of their "downline" (people underneath some in the organization). the reason that the people at the top look like they're not doing any work anymore is because they probably aren't. they probably have hundreds, if not thousands of people they're making income off of but it takes years (sometimes decades of work to get there.)

Literally, less than 1% of people in these organizations ever turn a profit. Just to get started with these pyramid schemes, you have to dump hundreds if not thousands of dollars on products just to display, sell and build your inventory.

Most people are really excited in the beginning but end up not making any money and just end up having a garage or closet full of Amway products, essential oils, bummy teas, etc. the real insidious part is that the higher-ups don't need you to sell anything, they make money from you dropping stacks just to build your inventory.

A MFer tell you to ask random strangers to use their bathroom. GOTTA be a fool bruh. That alone would’ve made me quit on the spot.

If you asked a stay-at-home mom, or single mom, or woman who was home alone, to use the bathroom, you just asking for a case bruh.

I’m glad atlsfinest atlsfinest learned his lesson.

You was playing with Fire

A MFer tell you to ask random strangers to use their bathroom. GOTTA be a fool bruh. That alone would’ve made me quit on the spot.

If you asked a stay-at-home mom, or single mom, or woman who was home alone, to use the bathroom, you just asking for a case bruh.

I’m glad atlsfinest atlsfinest learned his lesson.

You was playing with Fire

The crazy part is that I was only there for a couple of days, they're people who have door-to-door jobs like that for years. I don't understand how they haven't been shot yet, some random guy asking you to use their bathroom sounds like a home invasion story. :lol::lol:

This thread reads like an AA meeting! I’m glad y’all boys got right in the head!

It’s crazy seeing people peddle tea and s*****

:lol: :rofl:

But I ain’t no social butterfly so, I could never be outgoing enough to be involved with pyramid schemes :lol:

My aunt on my moms side use to sell (maybe she still does) Amway. She was like a double diamond, high up something. My parents swore by the Amway clothing detergent. I have other 'friends' that are 'independent' resellers of make up. My wife tells me the brands are reputable but they are mad expensive compared to other competitors in the same space.

You have to become a master recruiter and liar. The way to become big in these multi-level marketing, pyramid schemes is to go out there and recruit as many people as possible. You need to get comfortable lying to people and faking it till you make it, the majority of the guys you speak to in these organizations aren't nearly as successful as they claim. they talked a lot about how they're retired and they're on vacation all the time and how many cars and houses they have but most of that the LIE from what I've seen.

The Amway guys I spoke to said they literally walk around the gym or the grocery store for hours and spark of conversations with people. Recruiting people has to become your job.

The people who make it big in these pyramid schemes don't make money from selling products, they make money by recruiting people and then the people they recruit recruit other people and their network just becomes larger and larger and they just keep making money off of their "downline" (people underneath some in the organization). the reason that the people at the top look like they're not doing any work anymore is because they probably aren't. they probably have hundreds, if not thousands of people they're making income off of but it takes years (sometimes decades of work to get there.)

Literally, less than 1% of people in these organizations ever turn a profit. Just to get started with these pyramid schemes, you have to dump hundreds if not thousands of dollars on products just to display, sell and build your inventory.

Most people are really excited in the beginning but end up not making any money and just end up having a garage or closet full of Amway products, essential oils, bummy teas, etc. the real insidious part is that the higher-ups don't need you to sell anything, they make money from you dropping stacks just to build your inventory.

The “fake it, till you make it” part is what really gets me. Like dawg, if a person approaches me with an unkempt appearance (which like 70% of the dudes and women). ill fitting clothes, I’m gone laugh in your face. Like dudes approaching with square toe church slip one.

:lol: :lol:

We should start a Niketalk pyramid scheme. Y’all boys real knowledgeable :nerd::nerd:

That forex seems like the new wave of pyramid schemes. People post those chart things like talk about it like it's a cult. Chick on my fb posts about it literally several times a day.

I thought forex was more like stock trading im not to familiar but one of my managers talk about it
Since he found out that I stock trade
Come to think of it it’s set up and promoted like one talking about mentors and **** :lol::lol:

one of my boys from college pulled up to Houston and hit my line on some "lets kick it" type stuff

We actually pretty cool, just havent talked in a minute. I was broke at the time so Im like sure lets grab a bottle and cool at my crib cuz going out was not an option.

Not knowing that scenario worked better for his plan.

Him and his brother pull up and we in the crib chopping it up and just talkin bout old times. Then he looks at his brother and like gives him this signal like head nod.

His brother says "ok" pulls out this mac book and some cord, they hook it up to my flat screen and a Powerpoint pops up on the screen saying "Wake Up Now"

Im like dog wtf is this. He says "Now that I got you here I want to introduce you to a lucrative opportunity that can bring you and your family residual income for generations to come"

Dead *** I bust out laughing. Im already off the bottle anyway. I aint wanna disrespect his hustle so I kept it a buck with him and told him upfront yall can finish the presentation
just so yall can sharpen yall skills for the next person but just so yall know Im not signing up at all, just to get that out there.

We all laughed and he appreciated the straight forwardness. They finished their pitch and we kept drinking and kickin it afterwards.

They still are a part of the group but they dont post about it as much. I used to see it everywhere but I guess its finally phased out and Forex is the new wave he is pushing.

Back
Top Bottom