QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Whats the point of me describing details? Because if don't remember Brady or Romo rib injuries, you must've been living under a rock. It would be pointless.

Well you listed more than just them and I don't specifically remember statistics which I thought you'd provide. Settle down, I simply asked for more details

Ok, not sure what your deal is tonight but fine. Make comments, remember things distinctly but then refuse to discuss further.

I don't know if I've ever seen Aaron struggle like this before.

And the bye truly helped Peyton a bit, but not sure how he'll look come Dec/Jan.

Yeah that was a sobering night for me. Or imagining new possibilities for Denver this season that I wouldn't have counted on. Granted, Peyton played in 52 degree weather today. I agree CP, never seen him play like that.

Last edited:
Damn its because it has the word Red word in it...that's part of the reason why I didnt post the Kirk Cousins breakdown.

They really need to change their name.

#Narratives

MVP vs Benched.

I've pounded this thread (and others) there's 53 jobs to be done. So many put everything, EVERYTHING on the QB.

Myopic way to look at it.

Granted, key position, no question, but so much more than Wins or losses, stats, ratings, etc.

The true crux of the old Wilson debates. Some QB's have luxuries others do not.

#Narratives

MVP vs Benched.

I've pounded this thread (and others) there's 53 jobs to be done. So many put everything, EVERYTHING on the QB.

Myopic way to look at it.

Granted, key position, no question, but so much more than Wins or losses, stats, ratings, etc.

The true crux of the old Wilson debates. Some QB's have luxuries others do not.
geez your no fun

but yes, many more factors involved in creating a winning culture outside of the QB.

Are ppl really calling for Cam as MVP? I thought that was a joke. I root for him but he's looked average while making great plays at the right time for his team given the opportunity (waits for Russell comparisons)

Hey, I'm loads of fun. :lol:

No, there are those that place MVP and Cam together.

But in a sense, he is up there. How diff do we feel if Ginn catches perfect throw in OT for winner?

Dropped deep balls affect narratives, trust me. :wink:

I wouldnt feel any different...it's a great moment in an otherwise mediocre game. He's had some good moments, and yes it's still early..it could all balance out in his favor moving forward but right now? eh.

I wouldnt even call him the MVP of his own team at this point

Cam's not a real MVP candidate and never was.  Mentioning him as "in the conversation" on the outside is a way that media types give QBs respect, for whatever reason.  But none of those folks are going to cast their votes for him, and shouldn't.

Since it is clearly Brady, anyway.

There's 44 other jobs but the quarterback has the most important job by far.

I just find it funny when dudes are throwing for 350 and 3 touchdowns and wins.."it's look at him gunning Em down"

But the dude throws 3 interceptions, it's look how bad his offensive line is, his defense sucks.

If dudes get a lot credit for wins, they have to take a lot blame for losses.

*Waits for the "I don't give undue credit" lie

I am so confused by Total QBR

CS6gKktUcAApw14.jpg:large

Confirms that stats don't tell the whole story

Eye test >

You know when a QB is doing well. You just know it when you see it. And vice versa

I wouldn't mind more Palmer talk in here

Stats can be indicative of quality of play but they aren't always. Numerous times this year Kirk Cousins has stunk it up, only to come back in the 4th quarter and score some garbage time yardage and tds with the other team playing soft and the game out of hand.

In depth stats that show when the qb produced the yardage/tds and when they threw picks etc probably do a better job of telling the whole story than simple completion %, yds, TD's and picks etc. Also look at who Cam is throwing to (that Ginn drop :lol:) vs what Kaep has. If you just watch the games you can see that they aren't close to being the same caliber of player even though those stats may be similar.

Back
Top Bottom