QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Typed out various responses here but I don't think the argument is worth engaging at this point.  To still claim that RW is not a very good QB at this point (which is all we Hawk fans have been arguing) is borderline troll posting.  I agree with basically all Mister Friendly and ElP have said in this thread.

@CP1708  I respect your fanship of the game and your ability to express your opinions, but you're definitely reaching at this point.  I think most people in this thread want you to admit "I was wrong regarding what I said about Russell Wilson his rookie and second years and he's proven me wrong" without trying to get out of it by connecting it to some tangentially-related larger argument you want to make.

Because it's indisputable that you have been wrong.  The things MF mentioned above are just the tip of the iceberg.  You saying Russell Wilson can't throw the deep ball, can't carry the team from behind, can't thrive without Lynch, you've been wrong about all of the micro and macro details when it comes to him.

You're my dude though, I appreciate the value added so I'm not trying to start a flame-ware (or an essay war).

Last edited:
I knew it would come to this. :lol:

10 weeks thru the season, not a peep about Russ. No one came calling. So much so, they themselves were complaining about him.

4 games later, its loud in here, and I'm wrong. :lol:

When my entire point to it all was he wasn't even as bad as the first 3 months showed. And I didn't pull thru week after week bashing him.

No biggie tho. I pretty much expected it the moment I saw A55 put :nerd:
I knew what the deal was.

All good 27/Pabs/55. :pimp:

Awful White QBs
Awful White QBs – ‏@AwfulWhiteQBs

Jimmy Clausen has led 166 drives in his career:
113 ended in punts/on downs/end half
21 turnovers
20 FGs
12 TDs
#6seasonsandcounting
8:14 PM - 13 Dec 2015

Don't post in here often...but...have thrown this question around two years ago, last year, and now this year...

9ers fans...ya'll want Alex Smith back? Or still wanna roll with Kaepernick?

I'm starting to think CP is a really really elaborate troll. Dude is pulling the long con and we just haven't caught on.

Last edited:
I do not troll. Ever. I just don't follow ESPN bred narratives and simpletons. That's all.

Tonight's game showed everything I've said about a team, many times, and blame will still fall on QB. Perfect example.

I think dude missed our point with his blame Tannehill deal.

Nobody ever said Tannehill is the only reason why the Dolphins offense sucks.

All that was said is he's average and it's a strong possibility he's probably not the solution. He deserves a fair share of blame for the Dolphins problems but all you ever want to do is deflect blame from him.

Last edited:
Bull ******* ****. You were talking ceiling, and college play and other drivel. You then claim to watch the majority of our games enough to comment on our coaches, defense, offense, or special teams. Then you Google some stats and say "defense isn't THAT" bad, or drops weren't THAT crucial, etc.

But I live following this team, I know their issues, every week. They ALL showed tonight. Miller usage, drops, Damien God Damn Williams, "Defense", stupid *** penalties, Dallas freaking Thomas. Tho, our special teams were really good tonight.

Ryan missed the late throw on the run to Landry, and the dropped INT Stills broke up, but was solid otherwise.

All he's done with putrid *** coaches too. I'd give anything for a Harbaugh/Reid/Gace/Payton coach to run a real offense. Alas....

Good enough to win, but not overcome Eli having 4 TD's and 4 Incompletions. Glad our corners showed their " skills" tonight.

Last edited:
Yes I was talking ceiling too...Steve Young basically said the same thing pre game, I was saying but "he's just a talking head" You're enlightened because you've watched the Dolphins for 25 years etc etc.

Like I've said many times..are Dolphins games password protected or something?

I've seen the majority of their games this season not even necessarily on purpose, they've been on national TV down here at least 7 times.

Yes recievers dropped passes but it's something every NFL quarterback deals with.

But Tannehill also missed some throws and checks. Madly inconsistent. One of his better games this season but that isn't saying much.

Last edited:
I actually agree with you on Tannehill

Its the Russ Vs Luck debate that I think you are trolling.

Promise, I don't troll.

My stance on Luck/Russ/Brady etc not much diff.

This "32nd ranked" Giants Def beat Tom Brady, but their safety dropped an INT in both his hands and no WR fighting for the ball.

No one remembers that. They remember Brady, W. All other plays/players rendered irrelevant. Just, Brady, W.

I don't buy that narrative. QB Winz & ****. I used to go with it,years ago, but I've learned a lot of other factors since the old Brady/Peyton days. :lol:

Ryan missed the late throw on the run to Landry, and the dropped INT Stills broke up, but was solid otherwise. .

There goes that narrative again. Guys were dropping his passes hmmm, but you somehow forget the other 3 passes that should've been interceptions for the Giants. One was a force throw to Landry that he stared down the covered receiver. Another was an out pattern, when Tirico noted the ball came out late. Another was a forced slant throw that the DB (that white dude) missed. Ball was right to him. Nope, we don't mention that. Pathetic. You realllllly need to put the #%#$^$# cape away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom