QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Andrew Luck tied for 6th in the NFL in interceptions.

He played 7 games.
and peyton manning led after only playing 9.5 games.

yikes
Ouch.

I think Bortles just overtook Peyton in the last game 
laugh.gif

Palmer and Brady's poor finishes gave Cam the clear MVP nod.  Meanwhile Aaron Rodgers' poor play is another strange story of the season.  You can blame the (pretty good) receiver core if you want, but ultimately if you're the best QB of the generation most of the blame falls on you.  It's definitely clear Jordy Nelson deserves more credit than he's received the pat few years.

Last edited:
^ oh damn, didn't know that :lol:

my brief (and i stress the word brief) review of 2015:

definitely a down year for a lot of big name QBs (Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Luck). some of it understandable, some it you just chalk up to an off year i suppose.

Cam, Palmer, Cousins, and I even say Alex Smith impressed.

going into the year, wanted to see Teddy really make strides. unfortunately, i didn't see a whole lot of his games. the ones i did see, i wasn't crazy impressed. i wasn't disappointed either, though. i think he's on track.

Stafford, Matt Ryan, and Jay Cutler to me were exactly what I expected them to be.

Derek Carr showed quite a bit this year. liked what I saw from him a lot.

Fitzpatrick's season was classic Fitz ... game/season on the line and he will make the fatal mistake. i don't think he's going to put the Jets over the hump but he will keep them competitive for sure. and that's what I've always thought he did, at least when he played against NE as a Bill.

Romo :frown:

Brady and Ben I think did what we expect them to do. all around solid play.

Last edited:
Russ turned the corner and took that next step.

Cooter saved Matt Stafford.

Alex Smith had another Alex Smith season.

Cam was incredible.

Carson was great.

Carr's last five games were terrible but he had a great 2nd season.

Teddy was a huge disappointment. Dunno if it's the play calling or just him not growing as a player.

Jameis and MM8 will be fine in the league. Both showed out for rookies.

Rodgers showing kinks in his armor

Cousins REALLY impressed (mostly when at home)

So many meh QBs that I don't care to even name.

So many meh QBs putting up stats.

Too many injuries.

Time for Russell Wilson stats hour:

-1st in league in passer rating with 110.1.  100+ passer rating in 3 of first 4 seasons.

-1st in QBR with 84.7.

-2nd in TD:INT ratio with 34:8.  Finished the season on a 24:1 stretch.

-3rd in completion percentage with 68.1%.

-4th in YPA with 8.33 

-1st player in NFL history with 4000+ passing yards, 500+ rushing yards, 30+ passing TDs.

-80.4% completion percentage with Doug Baldwin (didn't see that coming), highest for QB-WR combo in 10 years.  Weird stat.

-Team records for yards and TDs (34).

O-line rated among worst in history for first half of the season.  No Marshawn Lynch, season ending injuries to Thomas Rawls and Jimmy Graham.  

Mediocre/game management comments welcome.

Last edited:
Team was forced to put the offense on his back and he flourished. My opinion previously was that we simply didn't know how he would react to this scenario. He certainly passed, if he can continue to improve and do well he is in that top QB group

What changed? Going into week 11, he hadn't done anything. 10 TD's, and 7 INT's. 4-5 record. And then, BOOM. He absolutely took off.
The ​offensive line played much better.

Wilson also played better.  

View media item 1855566
View media item 1855567

What changed? Going into week 11, he hadn't done anything. 10 TD's, and 7 INT's. 4-5 record. And then, BOOM. He absolutely took off.

Quality of defense played, specifically when it comes to rushing the passer with exception of Pittsburgh and Minnesota. Pittsburgh's pash rush offset by a horribly inadequate secondary that gave up one of the leagues worst totals of yards through the air and Minnesota without it's 3 best defensive players.

???

Quality of defense played, specifically when it comes to rushing the passer with exception of Pittsburgh and Minnesota. Pittsburgh's pash rush offset by a horribly inadequate secondary that gave up one of the leagues worst totals of yards through the air and Minnesota without it's 3 best defensive players.

???
I mean the defenses are worse but it doesn't explain a 25 to 1 TD int ratio.  It's also a bit of a red herring since the Seahawks SoS on defense wasn't easier by average than the rest of the league in any way.

Could you make the point that Wilson's numbers the last three seasons would be even better if he'd played in the AFC South and not the NFC West with Arizona, STL, and Harbaugh's Niners?  Sure, that would be a good point.

Stalk? Dude I post in like 3 threads in this forum.

And there you go with more name calling.

Last edited:
Go cry somewhere else. You read a post without a single negative word about Russ and tried to talk slick about it and still misspeak on my behalf. You clearly can't read properly, so just follow someone else around and misread their posts.

Fact? Where in that post do you see hate?

Cuz I'm more than positive I haven't hated on Russ at all. But if you're little delicate self feels that way, I guess you have that right.

Move along now. Find someone new to follow around. Someone more your type.

*raises hand*

Do we get an answer to the question or was it rhetorical?

I was asking others. No one will believe my views, but if others touch on them, it'll cover most of it. 100027 got a couple of em already, you got a piece as well. There's a couple more parts not yet brought up.

*raises hand*

Do we get an answer to the question or was it rhetorical?
He definitely played some weaker competition during the stretch of great football he played.  But when you ball out that hard, it doesn't matter who you played.

It was always a rhetorical question.

It was lets talk about his bad stats and then ask what happened like it was a fluke or it happened because his teammates are playing better

When in reality its more of symbiotic relationship....always symbiotic....If he plays better his teammates look better, if his teammates play better he looks better.

The quarterback always hold the more importance because of the de facto position of always holding ball...... its pretty simple.

And by the way, Im not going anywhere, so youre going to have to deal with me, block or whatever :wink:

Last edited:
Well, I'm certainly interested in CP's opinion on this. PM me if need be...Their offensive landscape has certainly changed and I belive it's quite a few factors. Some mentioned earlier and other things as well. Lockett has emerged as a receiver since then...Marshawn got hurt at some point and even though Rawls played very well, they started to shift their focus from a running game that sets up the pass to a passing attack that sets up the run. Russell's ability to extend drives is a factor that mixes into all of this, but along with shifting their focus, Bevell is calling plays that get the ball out of Russell's hand quicker and less reliability on PA, so on and so forth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom