QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

INT's aren't created equal. Not all of them are bad. That's what you refuse to grasp. You use totals as the measuring stick, not where and when. (Or how)

And QB can affect an org same as terrible LBers. Or elite WR's, or terrible Special Teams, or poor coaches, etc. It's one piece of a huge puzzle. I don't buy into 32 different teams work the same, therefore the exact same QB can have the exact same results 32 wide. Cuz that isn't realistic.

But you don't see a lot of that in here. Just read some stats, add some notes about a coach, or line, or WR, or schedule and put a bow on it.

If you ask to dig any deeper.......

Teddy just won his division. Multiple people today said they didn't get what they hoped from him.
Blake Bortles put up big numbers. Some people feel he's "up and coming".

I guess we can just swap them and expect the exact same results for each, right? That's how it works?

No, it's not.

But what would a Dolphin fan know about the QB position?

I gave you plenty of examples of how Andrew Lucks interceptions were harmful in overall scheme of a season.

I believe I said 2 or 3 bad interceptions cost the Colts 2014 home field advantage. I believe it was the Eagles game and Broncos games, I gave you clear examples instead of saying yeah he could've put the Football in a better place, you blame the receiver or a scheme or anything else except quarterback.

Nothing but excuses.

When its your guy.

Do you understand what I mean when I say " posting like a b-team quarterback" ?

The concept of a B-team quarterback?

And yes I think we all understand the concept of digging deeper

You can apply that to many more important facets of life.

Like why do you make more money and live in a nicer place than some person in Malaysia or Syria?

Are you better than them, did you actually work harder or were you privileged?

My point is that there is ALWAYS inherent advantages and disadvantages in life.

Professional Sports is one of the most fair and merit based systems on this planet.

So complaining about what Dan Marino had vs what Elway had or what Andrew Luck has vs Russ has is just so silly to me especially when the talent gap between teams is SO close.

Last edited:
Professional Sports is one of the most fair and merit based systems on this planet.

So complaining about what Dan Marino had vs what Elway had or what Andrew Luck has vs Russ has is just so silly to me especially when the talent gap between teams is SO close.

So, so, so, so, SOOOOOOOO wrong, it's kind of comical. But that's your narrow minded view, let it be that.

Nothing but excuses.

When its your guy.

Yes, because I chase down every QB in the league for their INT's. I literally bag on Peyton, Bortles, Brees, Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Dalton, Carr, Matt Ryan, Rivers, Russ, etc for every INT they throw.

Oh wait, no, I don't do that. They must all be "My guys".

I believe I said 2 or 3 bad interceptions cost the Colts 2014 home field advantage

And you were wrong about that.

651, PM'd.

What are more fair and merit based systems? Especially if you break it down to the NFL.Teams have the basically the opportunities for the same small pool of NFL caliber players. If your team messed it up, they get another chance to correct it the following offseason.

Basically If you're a great quarterback, its highly unlikely you are going to play any long period of time with "bums' or bad coaching.

The relationship with either good/bad personnel or good/bad coaching isn't a one way street

Good quarterback play can make your teammates or coaching look better( both offensively and defensively)

Meaning you cant say look 'Joe Montana has this and that" while ignoring Joe's play could help his teammates look better ike a guy like 11th round pick Jesse Sapolu look good because he got rid of the ball on time.

Do you believe Dan Marino didnt raise the play of some his teammates?

Were guys like Duper, Clayton and Edmonds naturally gifted guys who made Marino look better?

I think its fair to say quarterbacks can raise and lower their teammates 'level of play"

And yes you do talk about other players interceptions but when its not one of your guys the tone changes

I dont remember you making excuses for any of Russ' 4 interceptions in NFC Championship game...when two of the balls hit the receivers square in the chest.

It was just multiple posts about " 4 interceptions.....4 interceptions!"

Even A5 has called you out on it and your reply was something like "he shouldn't have thrown it into there" Even when the ball clearly hit the receiver between the numbers.

Russ' fault

The same guy when I said the goal line interception was on BOTH Russ and the receiver

Responded with
:rofl: and they gave it to the Transcendent INT maker. Fail Mary INT game winner, the 4 INT NFC Title game winner, and the Super Bowl INT, game winner. (just for the other team this time)

So many transcendent INT's. pimp.gif

So yeah you like to pick and choose when you use your excuses

And yes if Andrew Luck doesnt throw that bad interception in the red zone when they leading vs the Eagles, they probably end up winning that game. Up 27-20 with 5 mins left. If he check downs, throws the ball away or takes a sack, they kick a field goal and are up 30-20 with under 5 mins left..

Broncos game down 3-0. Andrew Luck throws into double coverage in the red zone and is intercepted. Later in the game, when the game is close he throws another red zone interception. The final score of the game is 31-24.

If the Colts win those 2 games, they are 13-3 with Home Field Advantage.

Also do you understand what I mean but a B team quarterback?

Apparently with the recent news Andrew Luck may be destined to play with bad coaching and teams around him for quite some time :lol:

No no no not getting involved in this madness

I'm currently working up solutions on how to end it, so don't pull me into it

MF, you think too small, I'm sorry.

Saying Joe, or Dan, or Brady raise their teammates up, sure, everyone know knows that.

Guess what tho.

They don't teach players to tackle. Or cover. Or kick field goals. Or personell groupings. Or heal injuries. Or help refs. Or call defensive coverages, or tell Ronnie Lott when to blitz, or Rodney Harrison how to stop helmet catches.

They do their job, no one else's.

There are thousands of variables outside of one guy. Inarguable. So stop.

3-0. INT, cost home field. :rofl: :rofl:

You can make stupid claims like that forever, that's your right. It makes you look ridiculous, still your right.

And I certainly had it out with A55 a few times, but that game SOOOO proves my point, entirely, forever. QB with 4 picks, still has the game close enough for a miracle comeback. Me using that in that moment was to shut him up. Nothing more. I don't chase around every INT every week, cuz contextually they don't matter unless it's a brutal final moment deal, and even those can be excused.

Brady threw more INT's in the SB than Russ, and still won.
Russ more than Rodgers, still won.

INT's can be crucial, and they can be harmless. Only way to know is case by case eval's. Not "he threw 16 in 16 games, that's too many" Cuz some could be tipped, some wrong routes, some heaves to end halves, some down 4 scores late, some even up 4 scores late. Some get called game winning TD's. Not all 16 are on the QB. But they all get filed under his name.

Goes for them all. Russ, Brady, Rodgers, etc.

You choose to ignore that and read totals, thas on you.

3-0. :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Last edited:
Of course they dont,

Under your line of thinking, bad line play, bad defense, bad special teams, can only hurt quarterback.

Not realizing good quarterback play can make other players and coaches look good.

Im kinda frustrated you cant grasp this concept.

Good quarterbacks normally orchestrate offenses that move the chains and drive the ball down the field, resulting in field goals, touchdowns or punts deep into opponents territory.

For example, lets take Russell Wilson and the Seahawks , in years past he hadn't been the most explosive passer but if you look at the drive stats since Russell Wilson become the their starter, Seahawks have constantly ranked in the top 10 in plays per possession, net yards per possession, average drive time and in turn the percentage of drives ending in a score.

When you have an offense that keeps the possession of the ball for so long, you can keep your defense off the field and they can fresher and ready to make plays.

I know Marshawn Lynch will be mentioned, the Seahawks had him in 2011 and ranked near the bottom in the same offensive categories.

The defense went from facing around 66 plays a game in 2011 to facing around 58 plays a game during Russ' 4 years as a starter.

Is that all Russell Wilson? No....But when you have good quarterback play it helps your defense.

If your quarterback can play efficient, low turnover Football, it can make it easier for coaches to call plays both offensively and defensively.

Yes 2 bad red zone interceptions from Andrew Luck are crucial in a game when end up losing the game by 7 points.

I think you're confused, I dont blame the quarterback for every thing, but when they throw interceptions into coverage or miss throws I rightfully blame them.

Last edited:
Russ haters and critics, Is Russ elite or top 5? If not where would you rank him? :nerd:

Or are we going to get a non answer that we shouldnt focus on rankings because of something about qbwinz?

Russ haters and critics, Is Russ elite or top 5? If not where would you rank him? :nerd:

Or are we going to get a non answer that we shouldnt focus on rankings because of something about qbwinz?

he was top 4 this season with brady, carson, and cam.

overall..probably top 5-8 range

from a homer pov :nerd:

Last edited:
Aaron's season is the exact opposite of Russ. I want to know what changed.

Isn't as simple as defenses simply adjusted, there's more to it than that.

Back
Top Bottom